Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinkertailor15

re: App: Tinkertailor15

The application submitted by Tinkertailor15 is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Finelorn
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 38
Race : Elf
Class : Guardian

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
*Note: this might be a duplicate application. I submitted once and received numerous error messages. Trying again on a different browser* I'm new to LOTRO and have searched for a Kinship for weeks; I want join a Kinship of friendly, experienced players who have an appreciation for the Rings theme. I've researched most Kinships I've come across and noted the behavior of characters in game and thought about what it told me about their Kinships. LMB has steadily risen to the top of my assessment. There's a spirit that sets some Kinships/guilds apart and LMB seems to possess this.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any RP or MMO experience you may have: :
My MMO history began with Everquest in 1990 or so, followed by DAOC, Everquest II, and most recently Everquest Project 1999. I also played a couple of hero MMOs like City of Heroes. I've not belonged to a RP guild, but have always played my characters as individuals who had a racial and cultural identity.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
EST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Gi suilon! Not lightly should histories be given and the ties of linage mean little to some. Be that as it may, you seem a goodly folk and ask after my story with friendly intent. I come from Lindon by the sea. But, though my mother is of the Sindar, the sea does not yet call do me strongly. Details of my parents and kin I can share another time. Be satisfied to know We are of middle-standing among the elves of my home, craftsman, scholars and, as need-be, warriors. In my youth, learning that Celeborn shared some linage with my mother's kin I greatly desired to visit Lothlorien and was there impressed by the character and diligence of the warden Haldir and his brothers. I resolved to likewise become an active protector of my kin and the other free peoples. Though I greatly enjoy crafts of the hand and scroll-learning, my greatest passion is for protecting peaceful free-folk. Of songs, I know a few, of pipe-weed, I enjoy a puff now and again. But long perilous miles have I yet to journey under sun and star.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
LMB will be my first Kinship

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
Nay

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I just missed a LMB event! Weekend before last, during one my above mentioned 'researches' I noted many LMB at Thorin's gate. I don't know why it did not occur to me to travel there and experience Winterstock. Shyness, I suppose. I will visit the next events.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
PvE, epic story line & questing, crafting, Music

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
My expectations would be met if I could find advice and occasional help in-game. They would be exceeded if discover wit, good humor, enthusiasm, and generosity.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
Good companionship and support, including all the game play and personality attributes needed to make that happen.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I cannot remember the first time I read LOTR and I read them annually for years. I've also read the Silmarillion, the Hobbit, and watched the movies, save the Hobbit films, as well. There are so many wonderful scenes. The "Forth the three hunters" episode has always stood out to me a favorite moment of resolve and loyalty. I recently re-read events from the hobbits first meeting Strider through the battle at Weather top and realized the little hollow, where Ranger Candath is camped, seems like the spot where the battle occurred. Hooked again, I continued reading. The Fellowship has just entered Moria and wayward Pippin dropped a stone down a deep well, leading to another memorable moment, "Fool of a Took!".

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
It was a bit of a challenge to identify a main character. I also play: Ameladis 39 elf hunter; Thinrandis 32 elf champion; Faragon 29 human lore-master; Miralay 27 Minstrel. Two or three nights a week I play with friend Valeden, a warden of the Mark, on Ameladis. I'll try to mostly play on Finelorn in the upcoming weeks, otherwise I might be found on Ameledis. I look forward to future friendships in the Kinship.

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Tinkertailor15 - by Aedon Durreah

Hello Finelorn,
Your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for an LMB officer to complete your interview.

Tinkertailor15

re: re: APPROVED - App: Tinkertailor15 - by Aedon Durreah

Thank you Aedon, I will do that.
Tinkertailor15

re: Update

Hi All,

My sign in remains Tinkertailor15, but main LOTRO character is Bregedir, 97 Warden. Alts:

Ameladis, 69 Hunter
Faragan, 53 Lore Master
Helarod, 28 Captain
Miralay, 62 Minstrel
Thanirdis, 52 Champion
Corulin
Corumael
Pretty Officer

Awarded:

re: Re: Update

Tinkertailor15 wrote:
Hi All,

My sign in remains Tinkertailor15, but main LOTRO character is Bregedir,

Hello! :)

I just wanted to tell you that you can have your character name by your sign in name :) I don't remember how to set it, but if you look to the left of my post you can see I have two names. Corulin is my character name :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum