Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales 11/9 @ East Porch, Last Homely House

Alas, I cannot be there tonight, and we have no band-leader/wrangler/herder volunteered yet. This will be semi-extreme, as folks have to find their way to Rivendell and the East Porch of the Last Homely House. I'm sure Elrond's Stable Service will be more than happy to provide transportation ... for a small fee.

So, break a leg tonight! And /shakefist at Elrond for me!

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Nibbles & Nobs starts at 8:30pm with open-stage, followed by the main show at 9:30pm (EDT, /servertime).
Folks are needed:
Backstage tasks, please sign up at: http://tinyurl.com/atstagecrew
Old Winyards: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit#gid=157959492
Have the newest LMB Playlist 5.07: http://file3.guildlaunch.net/128176/LMBPlaylist-5.07.zip
Share a song, tale, or other act during open-mic or the main show!

I'll plan to band lead, unless someone else wishes to take a try :)

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Tomeoric

Awarded:

With the new (old) Erebor instances, Gandalf is in the Prancing Pony with a quest that will auto-teleport you to Rivendell (if you've not already completed it). Once you have been transported, you can cancel the quest which will then allow you to talk with him for free transport if you ever need it again.

I may be able to bring my captain on to assist with transports.

Awarded:

Lhinnthel wrote:

Today would be a little short notice since I've never done it before... but I'd be willing to give it a try sometime if I know a bit in advance when you would need me to do it.

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Amberflower
Officer

Awarded:

I would also like to learn the ropes so I can help sometime. I know it is a lot of work, especially if you do it every week!

Alt kin: Virtus Tentamine Gaudet - Packzii, Amberflora, Idrynna, Tartlett

"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him."

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places;
but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief,
it grows perhaps the greater."

"...together they (Aragorn and Arwen) went up into the High City, and all the stars flowered in the sky."
Forte Maestro

Awarded:

I wont make it tonight. Nephew's bday.

High Officer

Awarded:

Tulenn wrote:
Lhinnthel wrote:

Today would be a little short notice since I've never done it before... but I'd be willing to give it a try sometime if I know a bit in advance when you would need me to do it.

Amberflower wrote:
I would also like to learn the ropes so I can help sometime. I know it is a lot of work, especially if you do it every week!

It's wonderful to know you both are willing to try band leading! I went ahead with leading tonight, as I already had a few songs in mind. If you have a certain date that you'd be interested in leading, just mark your name on the sign-up sheet :)
Or, let Byrcha or I know. If you have any questions at all - please don't hesitate to ask!

Here are a few tips:

I highly suggest downloading Eilye's The Last Homely Hobbit program. You'll be able to search for songs, play them and copy/paste the parts into the spreadsheet. Link: http://www.usoutpost31.com/lasthomelyhobbit/
It's a very easy to use and useful tool.

Generally, the first set is 10 -15 minutes and the end set 20-30 minutes, depending on how many acts there are. You'll have to stay a bit flexible - try to keep in mind which songs you'll cut first if the dance set seems like it will go on too long (how long is too long???). And, it's always good to keep one or two songs in the wing, in case there are few to no acts.

To make it easy on yourself, try to assign your parts a bit ahead of time, if possible (late sign-ups can be doublers, etc.)
Putting them in lyrical or poetical is also very helpful. If you preface each song with /ra it will send it directly to raid chat with a click of a button.

Some people like to have a theme for the songs to match the location and some just put together a setlist of whatever they fancy *whistles*. There's no wrong way to do it and variety is the spice of life - so have fun with it!

"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

Transport wise - I'll park my alt captain just in case :P
Hollyberye

Awarded:

Lhinnthel wrote:
Tulenn wrote:
Lhinnthel wrote:

Amberflower wrote:

It's wonderful to know you both are willing to try band leading! I went ahead with leading tonight, as I already had a few songs in mind. If you have a certain date that you'd be interested in leading, just mark your name on the sign-up sheet :)
Or, let Byrcha or I know. If you have any questions at all - please don't hesitate to ask!

Here are a few tips:

I highly suggest downloading Eilye's The Last Homely Hobbit program. You'll be able to search for songs, play them and copy/paste the parts into the spreadsheet. Link: http://www.usoutpost31.com/lasthomelyhobbit/
It's a very easy to use and useful tool.

Generally, the first set is 10 -15 minutes and the end set 20-30 minutes, depending on how many acts there are. You'll have to stay a bit flexible - try to keep in mind which songs you'll cut first if the dance set seems like it will go on too long (how long is too long???). And, it's always good to keep one or two songs in the wing, in case there are few to no acts.

To make it easy on yourself, try to assign your parts a bit ahead of time, if possible (late sign-ups can be doublers, etc.)
Putting them in lyrical or poetical is also very helpful. If you preface each song with /ra it will send it directly to raid chat with a click of a button.

Some people like to have a theme for the songs to match the location and some just put together a setlist of whatever they fancy *whistles*. There's no wrong way to do it and variety is the spice of life - so have fun with it!

Oh, I entered everything manually on the recent four concerts I led--I think you have convinced me to try the Last Homely Hobbit next time.
Amberflower
Officer

Awarded:

Ok, next question! Or two maybe...

I do not have an abc player. What do I want to get?

Alt kin: Virtus Tentamine Gaudet - Packzii, Amberflora, Idrynna, Tartlett

"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him."

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places;
but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief,
it grows perhaps the greater."

"...together they (Aragorn and Arwen) went up into the High City, and all the stars flowered in the sky."
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Amberflower wrote:
Ok, next question! Or two maybe...

I do not have an abc player. What do I want to get?

Ah! I would recommend that you download Maestro, which includes Abc Player - https://github.com/digero/maestro/releases
It's not a large program and allows you to listen to abcs outside of the game.
You can then set The Last Homely Hobbit program to open the abcs with Abc Player or Maestro, for listening.

I don't know if/when Digero plans to update the sounds again, since Turbine did some adjusting recently, so it's a good idea to keep an eye on that page for future updates.

Forte Maestro

Awarded:

I had fun MCing, and do have experience Band Leading, so would also be happy to help there as well. I come with references :) just dont ask Pelind!

Awarded:

Anyone but Forte! He was so busy bawling his eyes out at my graduation that I practically had to do all the work myself.
Forte Maestro

Awarded:

Pelind wrote:
Anyone but Forte! He was so busy bawling his eyes out at my graduation that I practically had to do all the work myself.

What? Can't a teacher be proud of his students!? :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: