Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burdie
Daffodilia

re: A plea regarding updating Ales n' Tales locations.

I try t' promote Ales n' Tales as much as I can even if I don't make it most weeks.

Of late, the list of locations has been updated much later than usual. To be clear--I know folk have a lot goin' on, and this isn't a demand by any stretch. If it's simply not possible right now due to shortage of hands or what have ya, then that's that and I'll weather through jes fine.

I'm simply asking that whomever handles such, please try t' have at least the upcoming week updated in the left column main page widget listing the Tuesday after for those of us who spread the word but aren't privy to the backstage chatter.

Thankies fer readin', and thankies even more if ya can manage it.

Awarded:

Sorry about that. Sometimes we don't have all the locations sorted out, or *someone* forgets to update the widget ... wink

The current working list can also be glimpsed at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit#gid=0, though it is of course subject to change.

And thanks for promoting 'Ales & Tales'! We had a bigger than usual crowd this week!

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Eilye
Field Marshal

Naturally, the only sensible solution is to select a wide assortment of lovely Elfy places as soon as possible.
Beorbrand
DeGeneral Degeneratus

Awarded:

Party at Eely's house. Aegthil will bring the beer, er... ale.
Tamoro
Officer

Awarded:

I don't think she could stand having a bunch of hobbits running around her house, knowing how much she loves us.

At least it would mean she wouldn't be able to leave the show early....

Officer

Awarded:

Tamoro wrote:
I don't think she could stand having a bunch of hobbits running around her house, knowing how much she loves us.

At least it would mean she wouldn't be able to leave the show early....

Sound like an awesome reason for a hobbitfest at her house! I'll bring the pies. lol

Vulpes_Velox wrote:
Sound like an awesome reason for a hobbitfest at her house! I'll bring the pies. lol

Pfft. Houses are for mortals.

If you have a surplus of pies, I'm sure Lhinn would take them. She's fallen off the wagon again.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I would love to see the Ales and Tales locations worked out at least a month in advance, and published on Twitter and Facebook at the beginning of each month. People who don't visit these forums or the Google doc will know where to go. It might catch the interest of people who like a particular location. I think this is going to become more important as more people and events gather to Landroval during the server transfers. What do you think?

Awarded:

Yes, we should try to systematically advertise in other venues, such as twitter, facebook, LOTRO forums. But we need volunteer(s) to do this. A&T already has a facebook page and a long-running thread in the Landroval forum.

I've updated the widget for September's venues, subject still to organizer-whim of course but we'll try not to change anything except for emergencies.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Mellilot
Officer

Awarded:

re: Advertising the A & T Schedule

I doubt this would do much good for the European servers, as A&T takes place in the early morning for us Europeans, and is a bit of a strain even for me - and I'm retired and don't have to go to work the next morning! However I will bear the need for publicity in mind, and mention A&T when it seems appropriate.

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

I do advertise Ales & Tales on the Facebook page, Twitter and the LOTRO Forums, though I will freely admit that I do not do so consistently. Also, as a sidenote, I do not have the information for Ales & Tales Twitter profile, so I just post on the Facebook page which is set to automatically tweet administrator posts to the @alesandtales profile. This works out nicely.
FB: https://www.facebook.com/AlesAndTales
Twitter: https://twitter.com/alesandtales

Also, about a month or so ago, I posted some detailed info on the forums, for those not familiar with the event and the /alesandtales channel (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?285907-ALES-amp-TALES-(every-Monday!)/page31).

Unfortunately, I often get sidetracked with real life and don't keep all avenues updated each week - I try to at least tweet it on the day of the event. I'll continue to do what I can with the time I have and when my memory cooperates :)

Please do advert on any social media outlets, if you are able!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: