Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Solve-A-Mystery Roleplay Contest - Sat, Oct 24 at 4:00pm ST

If it is true that Old Winyards band members won't be needed *during* the mystery-solving phase, then OWers could volunteer as clue-givers if they so desire? If OW needs to be somewhere for a big-reveal, we would need a few minutes to alt over.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Yes, the OW folks could double as clue-givers simply by relogging.

Awarded:

I would love to attend as witness or whatever duty needed.

I couldn't interpret my schedule earlier, but it's on Saturday night for me, so I'm in!

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

We still need 5 volunteers to handle roles as witnesses (clue-givers), road wardens (helping people find their way), and the Chief Investigator (the IC story narrator). All the information you need to participate in these roles will be provided.

Right now I have the following sign-ups: Anthemisa, Byrcha, and Forte Maestro.
If you would like to volunteer for one of the roles above and you're not on this list, I missed your post, sorry.

Please reply if you're available to help out. Thanks!

*If* I'm available then, I'd be willing to help wherever needed. The problem is that I don't know if I'm available, and likely won't until shortly before the date.
Anthemisa
Anthemisa
Officer

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
We still need 5 volunteers to handle roles as witnesses (clue-givers), road wardens (helping people find their way), and the Chief Investigator (the IC story narrator). All the information you need to participate in these roles will be provided.

If you would like to volunteer for one of the roles above and you're not on this list, I missed your post, sorry.

Please reply if you're available to help out. Thanks!

I'm available for any duty, more than one duties if needed.
I can narrate if there is a written text, If it must be written I'd appreciate the tips.

Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

I've sent out a kin mail in game asking for volunteers, Kira.
I've not signed up as I am still not 100% sure I will be able to make it, though I *should* be able to.

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I am back from my trip and on the mend. It's time for me to start focusing on this event.

I will need to re-write the puzzle if we can't get enough volunteers. Right now, we are short 5 people.

I have Lhinnthel listed as a "maybe".

We're closer to the actual event date (Saturday, Oct 24), so hopefully more of you know if you'll be available.
If you're at least 50% sure, please let me know. I can always sign you up in a non-critical role, such as a road warden.

This is a really fun and easy event. All information needed by volunteers is provided.

Thanks!

Awarded:

I can volunteer as a witness (Realist-IC-ally not as road warden or Chief Investigator).

Vorlt Trankey
Vorlt

Awarded:

I should be able to help with being a road warden if still needed. Not much of a talker, and am normally good at directions. Would mean getting up around 7 am, but that is easy enough

Officer

Awarded:

Considering that we have 12 major item lots to auction and 7 fixed price lots, I'm worried that 30 minutes won't be enough time to handle the sales and donations. I have shifted the schedule around a bit so that it's not a crisis if the auctions takes longer. Music can be playing during the auctions (in fact, that would be ideal).

(All times are EST.)
3:45pm-4:00pm -- Welcome music in the front yard.
4:00pm-4:30pm -- Costume contest.
4:30pm-5:30pm -- Mystery game.
5:30pm-6:00pm -- Charity auction.
6:00pm-7:00pm -- Concert.

It looks like I will probably be able to make it to the event. I should have final confirmation of availability in a few days.

I'm willing to take on whatever role you most need me in, and I can bring whichever alt works best. (I have alts of all races/genders except beornings and male dwarves.)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

EDIT: The final cast list is available in the first post of this thread.

Lhinnthel, if you're not comfortable being the Chief Investigator, please let me know.
If someone else had their heart set on being the C.I., please post and let me know ASAP.
We could really use one more volunteer, in case Calycanthus or Lhinnthel cannot attend.

Please post and let me know the name of the character you plan to use. It should NOT be your Old Winyards character.
Other than that, it can be any gender, race, class, and level. They should wear a Halloween costume.
Feel free to use Wardrobe Street for costume accessories. We have a wide selection of masks and such.

The witnesses houses are set up for trick-or-treating. Each witness is associated with a drink and a pipe-weed.
If you'd like, feel free to hand out those same items (but not others!) during the event.
Just don't get too caught up in vending, since giving out clues is much more important.
(You'll find out your ale and pipe-weed specifics when I send out all the clues.)

I normally send out all the PDF documents with clue information by email. If this works for you, please send an email to Kiralynn@Roll3d6.com and mention your character name. I'll add you to my address book and send you the PDF as soon as it's ready.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2015/10/18 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Useful Tip -- Kiralynn, Byrcha, Mithrilfist, Corumael (Corulin), Tinki, Floradine, Lhinnthel, Aedon, Iolantha (Lindorieh Laerlenn), Keli (Twobeers), and Falleriel can grant Banders access to the Wardrobe Street houses. They are our fashion tour guides. Contact any of these folks to work on your costume.

Awarded:

I can confirm I'll be able to attend. As I seem to recall you'll provide script/tips to help with the role, Chief Investigator should be fine. Just let me know if someone else asks to take that role and I'll be happy to step aside for them! Now, to decide which alt gets to play

Last edited by Lhinnthel on 2015/10/08 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: