Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obeahx

re: App: Obeahx

The application submitted by Obeahx is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Dratpmahc
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 57
Race : Race of Man
Class : Champion

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
LMB as a kin is well-known throughout the LOTRO community. I want to join LMB to be part of this awesome community of players that promote the Tolkien world though various activities not limited on grind and mind-boggling repetitive raids for gears.But importantly, as a server immigrant from Riddermark, I want to have a family in my new adopted server.

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any RP or MMO experience you may have: :
LOTRO is my first (and only) MMO but I played (on and off) since cap was 65. I am an immigrant in Landroval and my original home server is Riddermark. I moved to Landroval early this year after a year of hiatus when my old kin disbanded upon my return. While raiding is not my main focus right now (baby-sitting a 3 year old son atm and playing on old slow laptop that is lag-prone), I used to raid a lot way back in RoI days in Riddermark. But the fact remains that this is the only MMO I ever played so my MMO experience is not that extensive and varied.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
UTC + 8

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
I made this toon way way back when I started playing when cap was 65. But then and until early this year, Riddermark is the only server I played. This toon is man-race champ and is a guilded metalsmith. I dont have any experience in RP, but I like to imagine that this character is just an ordinary brigand with humble and inconsequential beginning in the alleys of Bree. While this toon wields a big 2-handed sword (more for effect), he used his pen more on penning the most untrained poem in the whole of middle-earth. IRL, I write poems for personal satisfaction, hence my alter ego.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
Redemption in Riddermark

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
None but I talked to a level 100 in Bree which unfortunately i forgot his/her name. But he/she referred me to apply here in the site.

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I have none but I am very interested to join in the Ales and Tales gathering.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
In my spare time, I usually chase furry animals for poem inspiration but I just usually ended killing them. Aside from that (sick) fixation, Im always amazed and listen with random bands in Bree...probably because Im music-challenged myself.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I just want a shoulder to cry on when the going gets rough. Aside from that, I want to be around mature players that appreciate the Tolkien world. I am far from a Lore junkie, in fact I can possibly be categorize as ignoramus (in scientific sense of way) by most Lore freaks I've seen (read) in world chat. But that's the point. I want an education, and I sure hope LMB could provide that to me.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
Hmmm. I am from Asia (Philippines), and from what I have seen, I have yet to meet anyone from my home country. So if nothing else, I could contribute to the LMB diversity by being that unique strand in the rainbow. If that being unique doesn't amount to anything to anyone's currency, I could always supply prospective tailors for furry hides from cute (and possibly endangered) bestiary in Middle-earth. I am also a guilded metalsmith and have (possibly) 100 stacks of Great barrow ores in my inventory. Most importantly (IMO), I cld be someone's student of LOTR lore, thereby educating the world about Tolkien's creation one at time...me being the first step.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I have read the books, including the Silmarilion. My favorite scene (at least that stays on my fogging mind) is the part of the most recent Jackson's adaptation of the Hobbit where Beorn jump from the majestic eagle mid-air and slam the hapless orcs on the ground. I was always curious whether Beorn rode the eagle as a bear or as a human.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I am taking care of my 3 year old son so Im not very good at doing fellowships (atm) as I sometimes have to afk or downright log (esp that my son always wants to watch Octonaut when I am about to plat a BB solo). I am playing in an old laptop too so I am very prone to lag. My English is far from perfect, but my writing is way understandable than my thick, musical Gollum-like Filipino accent. Having said that, I dont use mic atm in conversing with my fellow human being in-game, or else I will attract the wrath of my son. Aside from that limitations, I am a sane, fun-loving, blood-and flesh human that likes to grill neekerbreekers for snack.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum