Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

re: Pet Screenshots

I was chatting with a few folks the other day about World of Warcraft (I know, I know). And how I really do enjoy their pet collection system. So somebody asked if I would post a few screenshots of said pets.

...well, I have nigh-on 250 pets there, but here are a few favorites:

Forum Image
That's my turtle, who has no name yet--suggestions welcome!

Forum Image
Basil, the elfin rabbit...

Forum Image
Beaky the gryphon, bought for me by my husband (and it came with a little plushie, too)!

Forum Image
Ticktock the Clockwork Gnome, result of an achievement and my pride and joy as a virtual pet owner!

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Re: Pet Screenshots

Cennwyn wrote:
That's my turtle, who has no name yet--suggestions welcome!

Gamara, obviously -- it can fly! (unless that is water, in which case nevermind)

You do know that LOTRO added a frog cosmetic pet this past update? And Grims during Yule Fest? And Aurochs? wink

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Q Family

I suggest you name the turtle "Dude"

Come visit anytime at 4 Chalk Road, Greyheight, Shire.........Gingerbreadlass: hobbit / hunter......Quini: hobbit / minstrel......Qiardo: hobbit / guardian.....Quiliel: elf / warden.......Qathleen: woman / champion......Qengjaldr: Beorning.......Qori: dwarf / runekeeper.........Qwaineth: high elf / minstrel..........Qaramelapple: hobbit / minstrel
Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

re: Re: Pet Screenshots

Byrcha wrote:

Gamara, obviously -- it can fly! (unless that is water, in which case nevermind)

Haha, it's water :)

Quote:

You do know that LOTRO added a frog cosmetic pet this past update? And Grims during Yule Fest? And Aurochs? wink

I do indeed have my grims :)

I like LOTRO pets, but the system is vastly behind what WoW has done--a full pet battle system, the ability to level pets, all pets having their own unique sound files for both in and out of combat, the ability to capture wild pets in the world...it's pretty rad. And I wouldn't really want LOTRO to have that in any case; I consider LOTRO to be a slightly more serious game which I play for lore and story. WoW is something I play for ridiculously huge pauldrons and flying dragon mounts ;)

Lilikate

Thanks for sharing :)

Awarded:

Those are fun to see, Cennwyn.

My turtle has always been my favorite cosmetic pet in game, a lore-master pet, and I have always named him Housebroken Horace. I don't remember why. I also like Franklin, from the cute anthropomorphic character from children's literature. A pet bunny is Baxter, also from a PBS cartoon character. My LM frog is always Calaveras, from Mark Twain's short story, "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County." Many of my combat pets are named Celestial Seasonings, from the Boulder tea company, as I once new the founder, Mo Siegal, and drank the tea, although not for years and years. I name my Treasure horse Uncle Legal Tender, after a great uncle whose insane parents named him Legal Tender for a first and middle name (runs in the family wink...) and the fact there is money spilling out everywhere...and I could go on and on. I like naming the grims from the Yule festival, especial PhyreKracker for my fire grim.

I like the names you assigned.

Holly

Last edited by Hollyberye on 2015/02/09 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

My favorite pet is my black worg pup named Dreddwarg after an old buddy creepside. My female worgan also has an owl pet she has named Dinner.
Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

Aedon Durreah wrote:
My favorite pet is my black worg pup named Dreddwarg after an old buddy creepside. My female worgan also has an owl pet she has named Dinner.

Ahahaha! That's a wonderful name :) ...my black worg pup got named Huppup, because I'm always yelling "Hup, pup!" at him for some reason...

Tamoro
Officer

Awarded:

I'm really enjoying the frog pet, my Burg and RK both have one.... Gamakichi and Gamabunta are their names.

Officer

Awarded:

It has been years since I last played WOW. The community was horrid.. and sadly has become the norm for most games.

I always loved collecting pets in the game, but when they introduced the pet battle system and made pets and mounts account wide, they put a cap on how many pets you could have. You cannot capture more or be involved in the pet battle system if you have 500. Well, that meant I would have to get rid of half of my pets as I had 987.
I tried to do that, but it just was too hard. I became very discouraged after getting rid of about 50.

I also had every mount that was possible for me to get without raiding, which I no longer enjoyed. (about 130 in each faction)
Pets and mounts were the only things I was still really enjoying and that left me nothing to do anymore, so I quit.

On the up side, leaving WoW brought me back to LOTRO and that is about when I found LMB.. so all good in the long run :)

Edit.. am loving the new pets in LoTRO. My frog is named Kermit, Frost grim is Chillowisp.. still working on names for others.
Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

Kyrian of Landroval wrote:
You cannot capture more or be involved in the pet battle system if you have 500. Well, that meant I would have to get rid of half of my pets as I had 987.

I think the limit has been upped to 1000, which is nice. So many pets!

Quote:

Edit.. am loving the new pets in LoTRO. My frog is named Kermit, Frost grim is Chillowisp.. still working on names for others.

Oh my goodness, I LOVE Chillowisp!!!

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Thanks for sharing the pet pictures! I'd love to see a screenie of your dragon mount.

I do dearly miss my flying griffon mount. But... that's the only thing I miss from WoW.
Okay, that and the better combat pet animations. LotRO bears are so very clunky.

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Thanks for sharing the pet pictures! I'd love to see a screenie of your dragon mount.

I do dearly miss my flying griffon mount. But... that's the only thing I miss from WoW.
Okay, that and the better combat pet animations. LotRO bears are so very clunky.

Kira, I shall post a pic of the dragon and a few special pets just for you :)

Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

Took me longer than I thought to grind the tokens and whatnot, but here, especially for Kira, is a picture of the Perky Pug pet, wearing his Dapper Gentleman's costume...

Forum ImagePerkyPug by Cennwyn, on Flickr

...and the Bronze Drake mount (my favorite dragon mount).

Forum ImageWoWScrnShot_022815_183835 by Cennwyn, on Flickr

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: