Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

re: Spring Racing Carnival - Volunteers

Kira, my apologies on the bands but the bandleaders don't seem to log on too often

Both bands said they would play, I then sent them dates and asked for confirmation but I'm still waiting.

I asked The Heartbeaters (Dwarf band from Laurelin) for April 4th and Under The Sunlit Sky (who's regular Saturday slot we are overrunning) for April 18th.

I will chase again today.

Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

The Heartbeaters are confirmed for April 4th

Under The Sunlit Sky are confirmed for April 18th

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Thank you for the band wrangling, Keli!

We still have several volunteer slots open. Most especially, we could use confirmed judges for the final Championship Cup race, a bookie for that race, and hobbit barrels for the rodeo. Championship race judges can double as pony riders, if they're willing.

Please check out the first post to see what we still need. Post here to volunteer. Thank you!

Awarded:

Please add me as a judge for the Championship Cup race. If no one else steps forward to act as Bookie, I can also take that duty. Also, I'll be happy to launch fireworks during the formation riding team show!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Hollyberye

Awarded:

I can sign up for a course judge if it doesn't interfere with The Starlight Orchestra, with whom I am playing. if they are going on at the same time, or even queuing up while the race is going on, I can't do it.

Rivendell Cup Qualifier Race - Rivendell, Saturday, April 11,

3:30pm
HOST: Kaerri
COURSE JUDGES: Keli, Byrcha, Lhinnthel, Need 1
BAND: The Starlight Orchestra

I can be a course judge for this event:

April 25th
Eriador Cup Championship Race - Hobnanigans Field #2, 4:30pm

to 5:00pm
HOST: Kiralynn
FIREWORKS LAUNCHERS: Need 2+
BAND: The Remediators
COURSE JUDGES: Byrcha, Lhinnthel, Need 3

I'll also be playing with Lilikate's Critters and the TSO earlier in the day on the 25th.

Hollyberye
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

To follow up on Holly's question, what is the timing/schedule for each of the three qualifier races? In other words, who needs to be where when? I also play with TSO, so if they are prepping or on-stage when I need to be on the course as a judge, then we have a potential conflict.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The way music and races combine is typically like this:

* The band shows up about 15 minutes before the race begins. This helps the audience know that they've reached the proper location.

* The band plays music while the host accepts sign-ups, explains the race rules to the participants, and takes them on the pace run. This keeps the audience entertained while the riders are busy preparing for the race.

* The band does NOT play during the actual race.

* After all the riders have crossed the finish line and the host announces that the results are being verified, the band begins to play. This keeps folks entertained while the judges review screenshots.

* The band sometimes plays something special and "ta-da!" for the awards ceremony.

Basically, the band needs about an hour of music.

If we have to, the band can play something simple that requires fewer people during the pace lap, so that the judges can follow along and take their positions. The judges can return to the band for the awards ceremony, unless reviewing screenshots doesn't leave them too busy to rejoin the band sooner.

Does that make sense?

Awarded:

Oh no, my Rodeo Clowns may have fallen through! The head of the group must attend a full day training career-related training course on April 25th.

I am desperate to find two or more people who are willing to dress up in funny costumes at the rodeo and do a half-hour comedy show. If you saw the Sore Thumbs last year, you know the format. Jokes, silly stories, emote antics, songs with comedy lyrics, and anything else you can think of to make the crowd laugh. Is there someone out there who can save the day?

The slot is scheduled for 1:30pm ST/EDT on April 25th at Hobnanigan's Field #1.

I'm desperate. I'll find some kind of cool in-game reward for anyone who can put this show together.

GDPR#3463094

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

It is less than a week before the first race and less than a month until the big day.

We still have some volunteer positions available.

Here are our greatest outstanding needs:

* Rodeo Clowns -- I believe Bilwise is trying to put something together on this front, but he may need some assistance. The show needs stand up comedy, music with humorous lyrics, funny skits, that sort of thing. Please contact him if you can help.

* Hobbit Barrels -- During the rodeo. All you need to do is wear something orange, stand where you're shown on the field, and alert if a rider goes through you. (By alert, you /tell me and do a silly emote such as /tantrum or /faint or /spin.)

* Race Course Judges -- We cannot race without these.

* Horse Show Host -- This isn't critical, like the ones above, but I would really love a break in my day to get a bite to eat. I know many of you have been to mounted fashion contests in the past, so you know how it goes. Take sign-ups, call riders onto the stage one at a time, call them all up for the audience vote, announce the winners, let me know who to send prizes to.

Awarded:

Kira, I can judge for the big race if you need me. I can also have a barrel-hobbit ready to switch to/from (I'll be on Kaerri for the judging and what-all else).

Awarded:

I'm trying to set up the hobbit comedy thing under a separate thread.

Officer

Awarded:

Kira, Dann wanted me to let you know he's available to judge for the Eriador Cup on the 25th, so that's one more for you. :D

Officer

Awarded:

Can I get a map (or link to) of the Rivendell race? Also, you've got the old website link in the "What is Windy Acres Ranch" sticky thread.

Officer

Awarded:

The Rivendell Cup course is quite complicated. We're going to need more course judges than normal, hopefully six.
I'm hoping to post the race route later tonight.

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: