Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Spring Racing Carnival - Planning

Greetings!

I've broken off the SRC into its own planning thread to avoid confusion. I appreciate everyone's feedback on future Windy Acres events. For now, I'd like to focus on the Spring Racing Carnival.

Here's the current proposal, which I'll update as people make suggestions.
UPDATED ON APRIL 20

Advertising poster here: http://roll3d6.com/banders/war/src/src2015-apr-25-600.jpg
(Change 600 to 400 or 800 for other sizes.)

Advertising video here: https://youtu.be/DOMInxEu6s8

Four war steed qualifier races, making their way towards Bree.
* Thorin's Cup - Saturday, April 4 at 3:30pm ST - Thorin's Hall (Host: Kiralynn, Band: The Heartbeaters)
* Rivendell Cup - Saturday, April 11 at 3:30pm ST - Rivendell (Host: Kaerri, Band: The Starlight Orchestra)
* Bounder's Cup - Saturday, April 18 at 3:30pm ST - Michel Delving (Host: Lhinnthel, Band: Under The Sunlit Sky)
* Bree-land Cup - Saturday, April 25 at 11:00am ST - Hobnanigans Field #1 (Host: Kiralynn, Band: P.I.E.)

Qualifier prizes: 25 gold for 1st, 10 gold for 2nd, 5 gold for 3rd place.

We will be racing war-steeds this year to prevent various cheating issues, add challenge, and let everyone pick their own stats, gear, and tack.

Would anyone like to design a race course? Many thanks to Caiyyd for designing a great Rivendell course.

The "big day" will be Saturday, April 25th starting at 11:00am ST/EDT/UCT-4.

The action will take place at the Hobnanigans fields, since they are great, rectangular areas for barrel racing, formation riding, and so forth. We'll be using Field #1 and Field #2.

* 11:00am - Bree-land Cup, final qualifier race, prizes 25/10/5g. (Host: Kiralynn, Band: P.I.E. via Rhunt)
* Noon - Hengstacer Stampede Rodeo: Barrel racing (Host: Kiralynn, Band: Notenzauber)
* 1:00pm - Rodeo: Name-that-song contest (Band: Notenzauber)
* 1:30pm - Rodeo: Comedy clown show (Band: Notenzauber)
* 2:00pm - Picnic (Band: The Starlight Orchestra)
* 3:00pm - Formation Riding Team (Host: Kiralynn, Band: Lilikate's Musical Creatures)
* 3:30pm - Horse Show: mounted fashion contest (Band: Lilikate's Musical Creatures)
* 4:00pm - Post Parade - Rider introduction and race betting (Host: Kiralynn, Band: The Remediators)
* 4:30pm - Eriador Cup final race, prizes 300/150/75g. (Host: Kiralynn, Band: The Remediators)
* 5:00pm - SRC Concert (Band 1: The Remediators, Band 2: Old Winyards)
* 7:00pm - Wild Ride (cross-country jaunt)

Events from 11am to 2pm take place at Hobnanigans Field #1
Events from 2pm to 7pm are held at Hobnanigans Field #2

Streaming by Serbryt at http://twitch.tv/darklyshining

The 12 riders from the qualifier races would participate in the Eriador Cup, as well as any of the top three finishers from previous Championship Cups. From previous years that is: Alliman/Andeon/Eliwren (2012), Aalloria/Eliwren/Lifebringer (2013), and Mellime/Breglas/Lainiest (2014). From the qualifier races, that is: Craicwyth, Caiyyd, Umpo, Mellime, Tiora, Lainiest, Nettlebow, Skoch, and Vethlo. (Alternate spot for Amenhir.)

Rodeo and horse show prizes:
1,500 Turbine Points, 25 gold, and a prize code for first place.
1,000 TP, 10 gold, and a prize code for second place.
A Starter Pack, a prize code, and 5 gold for third place.

Championship Cup prizes:
2,000 Turbine Points, 300 gold, and a prize code for first place.
1,550 TP, 150 gold, and a prize code for second place.
500 TP, 75 gold, and a prize code for third place.
The wager winner(s) are entered into a drawing for prize codes, pet shrews, and starter packs.

Prize Codes include:
Starter Packs: If I'm not mistaken, the pack includes Chestnut Steed & Riding Skill, 100% Experience Boost x1, Universal Healing Potion x5, Exclusive Cosmetic Armor: Masterwork Breastplate, and Skill and Slayer Deed Boost x1. (I'll check on this.)
Titles: The Sociable, Hero of the Small Folk, and The Celebratory.
Steeds: Perlino and Cremello.
Cosmetics: Hauberk of the Mithril Guard, Cloak of the Dark Halls, Cloak of the Cold Well, Cloak of the Sunset, Cloak of the Raven Friend, and Deep Miner’s Helm.
Pets: Shrews

We need volunteers to make this happen. Please sign up here: http://lonelymountainband.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10719077&gid=128176

The Spring Racing Carnival is only as good as the people who volunteer to make it happen, so with your help it will be AWESOME!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2015/04/20 7:49 am; edited 26 times in total

Hi Kira, I like the thought you have put into the pre-planning for the SRC. I would offer myself as a course judge for each race and a band for one of those slots. We (TSO or Bugginses bands combo) would like the break and Mounted Fashion Contest. Taking us from 2-4 pm

Awarded:

I was playing around on my warsteed in Rivendell the other day. lots of tricksy spots there! I can try to design a course if you want. How long would you want it to be? Just in Rivendell?
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Hooray for the return of Spring Racing Carnival -- would this be the fourth year, or the fifth? I will plan to help as a course judge or in other role as needed.

The mention of an Eriador Cup got me thinking about a long cross country race across the length of Eriador -- similar to the Wild Hunt we did a month ago. But such a race, even if abbreviated (say, Bree to Eregion and back again), would still take at least an hour and would be subject to the usual risks of cheating. But, it could be fun, challenging, and worthy of the name.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Caiyyd

Awarded:

Maybe as the finale to the Carnival we can just all go on a Wild Hunt type ride? Not racing just chaos and fun!
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

We could certainly schedule a Wild Hunt ride after the SRC concert. Folks could leave Bree and head to parts... eastward? Could you pick some checkpoints so that people will know where to catch up if they get separated?

If you'd like to design a race course, here's a guide:
* The entire race should take between 3 and 6 minutes to finish, with practice.
* The course needs tight turns in order to make it worthwhile to stat a war steed.
* All the other tips are here: How to Design A Race Course

Lilikate, thank you for volunteering to play music during the event.

Awarded:

I had fun on warsteed last year, despite the killer lag at the first obstacle that placed me in the last few. ;) My only concern is that it may block a lot of RP/crafter types who haven't done enough leveling to get the warsteed yet. I expect we'll still get a lot of racers, though, and the RP types ought to be drawn in by the rodeo and other festivities.

The previous finishers you mentioned - if they don't have or can't get a warsteed, would they be able to cede their spot to an alt? It might be difficult tracking that if they aren't known to us (someone without a warsteed-capable alt might give their spot to another player, for example). As Eliwren's player, I'd as soon bring Bren in again (as I did last year) and skip racing in a qualifier in order to help judge or otherwise assist. It wouldn't be fair to allow it for one and not another, though.

Warsteed racing around Rivendell...the mind boggles! Which is a sure sign of its being an exciting race :D

Officer

Awarded:

I personally don't have a problem with people bringing whichever alt has a war steed. It's all about the player's skill and luck, which isn't dependent on the character. Even if someone lied and cheated to let a friend race, they're still giving up their shot at BIG PRIZE [TBA]!

Riders of Rohan was released on October 15, 2012. I imagine only the newest players don't have a war steed. I've been told that a dedicated player could level from 1 to 75 easily between now and the end of April.

Awarded:

I can organise a band for one of the Saturday Cup events. Not April 4 though as that is Easter weekend and will likely be a family gathering weekend here.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Keli, thanks for volunteering to organize a band. Once we settle on the dates, could you please help in contacting bands to see if they're interested?

Thanks for pointing out that April 4th is near a holiday. Fortunately, it's not the only qualifier race.

Do the other dates and times work for those who wish to volunteer?
I'm hoping to pick the best schedule so that as many people as possible can participate.

Awarded:

So glad the Spring Racing Carnival is a go this year! I will be gad to help with judging any/all of the races (the 4th may be the only iffy one). Perhaps we can ask Tomoeric to do the posters? The ones he made for Molly's play and the 12th Night ball were beautiful. I can advertise a bit on Twitter, but I do not have any contacts for blogging. Perhaps Lilikate can do that part?

While regular mount races are more accessible to everyone - I do like the idea of the war-steed races. War-steeds take a bit more skill to maneuver - it will be fun to see who ends up winning!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Serbryt
Ascetic

Will be hopefully available to record and stream at various points along the course, along with judging.

Serbryt/Icaria/Bladebryt/Randgrior
Palantorio

i would like to offer my band Notenzauber for playing at 2pm( BREAK time) for one hour. So if u are interested give me a short note ;).

- Deascaith - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Belegaer)

- Palwyn - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Landroval)

- Paldoria

- Rotmund - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Sirannon )
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Palantorio wrote:
i would like to offer my band Notenzauber for playing at 2pm( BREAK time) for one hour. So if u are interested give me a short note ;).

We'd love to have you play at the event. Lilikate asked for 2pm-4pm. Is there another timeslot you'd be able to play?

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Palantorio wrote:

We'd love to have you play at the event. Lilikate asked for 2pm-4pm. Is there another timeslot you'd be able to play?

Maybe at 1pm... 4pm is to late for many of us (11pm CET for me). I will talk to myband members today. (btw we have an very intersting mix of modern and classical Songs for this Event ;);) )

- Deascaith - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Belegaer)

- Palwyn - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Landroval)

- Paldoria

- Rotmund - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Sirannon )
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: