Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales 2/16 - w/ Mythgard & Prof. Corey Olsen

I believe Mythgard is already using GoToMeeting for their Monday get-togethers. I think you just log-in in your browser and you're set, but hopefully Laerlenn can clarify.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Old Winyards will also be performing at this event of Special Magnificence: currently we're planning our traditional opening set (approx. 20-minutes), followed by the Tolkien Professor's talk (60ish-minutes), concluding with the 'dance set' from Old Winyards (approx. 25-minutes). I'd like 8 musicians for this, so that we can play some of our bigger songs (w/ lore- or game-related lyrics), but we'll also play LMB favorites such as 'Durin' and 'Gil-Galad'.

If you'd like to play with Old Winyards on Monday Feb. 16th, please sign up here and/or on the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnIxmCbTo2KgdGxXNFBkVWtlazVJamU2QU05aHhvV0E#gid=135.

Also, if anyone would like to do some pie/ale/pipeweed vending to a crowd which includes some folks who are new to the game, please grab the traditional yellow outfit and sign up!

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Molly Bayberry
Officer

Awarded:

I'm really looking forward to this! It looks like you've got your set list, but I could sing Treebeard's song, "In the Willow Meads", too.

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Molly Bayberry wrote:
I could sing Treebeard's song, "In the Willow Meads"

Hoom hom ... we could, we could ... tongue out

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

*bump* The gig with the Tolkien Professor is tomorrow! Old Winyards still needs a few more musicians, if you'd like to sign up. wink

Lindorieh
Morfindiel
Officer

Awarded:

Here is the GoToMeeting link. You can sign up ahead of time and it will give you an email with the link to use the day of the event.

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3807559653517881345

I have done raids with GTM in the background and have not noticed a lot of lag. YMMV of course, but the Mythgard people have been using it very successfully at their events.

Laerlenn.

On Crickhollow - Morivanye- Rangers of Ithilien

On Anor: -Morfindiel, Laerlenn -Mythgard

On Ithil: Morfindiel - The Kin

Tamoro
Officer

Awarded:

I wonder if the Professor knows anything about a certain Secret Pie Vault.....

High Officer

Awarded:

When you register, do you have to use your real name? If so, can you use whatever name you wish to login to the actual meeting?

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

Woo hoo, I can make this one. Love Monday holidays.

Lhinn, as far as how GoToMeeting, from my experience, the name is what is usually displayed to all participants and just needed to differentiate between people. When I use it at work, I usually just use my first name and last initial. In this case I registered using Sonca's name and her e-mail account. If the Mythguard folk have an issue with that, I do not know. But I won't be using my real info.

Officer

Awarded:

Lhinn, You can use your in-game name and any email address. That is probably easiest for people to know who you are because your name shows up in the list of participants. You don't need to use your real name.

On Crickhollow - Morivanye- Rangers of Ithilien

On Anor: -Morfindiel, Laerlenn -Mythgard

On Ithil: Morfindiel - The Kin

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Thanks for the clarification :)

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Bavelbella
Bavelbella

I try to attend.
Corulin
Corumael
Pretty Officer

Awarded:

I'm sorry but I had to remove my name from OW sad I just got a phone call telling me I have to go to the hospital early tomorrow and A&T starts around 3 at night or thereabouts and I can't stay up as late as usual or I won't be able to wake up early.

And I had so looked forward to listening to the professor! *pout*

I hope you all have a great time! =D And do some hobbit dance #1 for me! envy

Awarded:

Maybe it'll be available for later enjoyment via podcast?

Hey!

I am going to be awake and would love to join, is there anything easy I can be put on as I have to finish sewing a very basic Merida dress by sun up!
I'd love to play the Pib parts!

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: