Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Galenhir
FOUNDER

re: Ales & Tales 2/16 - w/ Mythgard & Prof. Corey Olsen

Greetings all!

I have been in contact with Trish & Corey of Mythgard institute. We would like to have "Mythgard Monday" combine with Ales & Tales on February 16th. February 15th is when Gandalf comes back to like, so perhaps Corey can discuss some of the lore related to this or anything else we decide on.

It would be cool to combine our events a few times a year in coordination with some important lore from the story.

Let me know if this works and we can put all the necessary folks in touch.

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Amberflower
Officer

Awarded:

This sounds exciting! I love the idea!

Alt kin: Virtus Tentamine Gaudet - Packzii, Amberflora, Idrynna, Tartlett

"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him."

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places;
but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief,
it grows perhaps the greater."

"...together they (Aragorn and Arwen) went up into the High City, and all the stars flowered in the sky."
Thaelie

I think I just geeked out slightly at this. Wonderful idea. :)

Awarded:

Fantastic news, Galenhir! We had been dismayed that they hold their events at the same time as Ales and Tales and hadn't as of yet taken our offer to visit, leaving both groups the poorer. I don't know what level restrictions that group might have, but we can certainly hold A&T in a low-level friendly location that evening. It would be good to decide on a location in advance so we can plan/announce accordingly.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Tamoro
Officer

Awarded:

I like this! I've been trying to follow the Mythgard Mondays via Facebook, and it would be awesome to do a combined event!

Why not host it at the Bird & Baby in Michel Delving? That seems like the perfect location for this.
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

What a wonderful idea! Many of us have expressed sadness at not being able to attend Mythgard Mondays - really looking forward to it!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Tamoro
Officer

Awarded:

Danniwyn wrote:
Why not host it at the Bird & Baby in Michel Delving? That seems like the perfect location for this.

Agreed, the B&B would be the perfect spot.

I would stay up for this!

OK 2/16 is locked in as ALes & Tales/Mythgard night. B&B works - very fitting given the Tolkien/Lewis connection and easily accessible for all.

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Molly Bayberry
Officer

Awarded:

YAY!!

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Galenhir
FOUNDER

Ok we have a FB event page for this now: https://www.facebook.com/events/390294127798646/?source=1

Danniwyn

Will the professor speak in game chat, or will we need to go somewhere else to hear him speak while we're at the Bird & Baby?
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Danniwyn wrote:
Will the professor speak in game chat, or will we need to go somewhere else to hear him speak while we're at the Bird & Baby?

We will be using GoToMeeting, link TBA at showtime. My understanding is that this will allow us to hear the Tolkien Professor similar to using Teamspeak. We can also ask questions using this facility (typed, I believe).

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aldekim
Officer

Byrcha wrote:
Danniwyn wrote:

We will be using GoToMeeting, link TBA at showtime. My understanding is that this will allow us to hear the Tolkien Professor similar to using Teamspeak. We can also ask questions using this facility (typed, I believe).

We may wish to consider the impact of this on people who do not have powerful PC's. To do this people will need to open a second window to access GoToMeeting which will add lag for some, and will likely require playing the game in windowed mode to access GoToMeeting at the same time as the game. There will be some unhappy people, but the event is well worth the trouble for those who have PC's that can handle it. (I asume GoToMeeting does not require extensive set up or registration) Perhaps someone can test this set up in advance to insure GoToMeeting can be heard when the LOTRO window is actively in use to hear regular Ales & Tales content. Just a thought.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: