Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baronnecrospasm

re: App: Baronnecrospasm

The application submitted by Baronnecrospasm is as follows:

Quote:
Name : TolerantX Herbpipe
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 25
Race : Beorning
Class : Beorning

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I want to join the LMB because i show express interest in the music ideals and friendly atmosphere as well as rping at guild events. hopefully i can impress you with my company and mirth. :)

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any RP or MMO experience you may have: :
I play rpgs and the only other MMO that keeps my interest is Champions online anymore. I don't grief ppl and I am helpful if people ask for help and i could assist. LOTRO books and lore has always been an interest of mine and I hopefully can find others interested in RPing (that's one big reason im on Landroval)

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
EST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Beorning tailor kindhearted bear man. Left the vales to see the world and help others. He likes the colors violet/purple, red, and black, with violet being his favorite color. In order to be the best tailor, he has learned to hunt and skin animals. this practice is not widely accepted by beornings, but is needed sometimes. as a result of this, he currently resides outside of Bree and does not mention his profession to other beornings in casual conversation.

LMB experience:

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I've been to Weatherstock 2012 and 2013. I regretfully missed this year (i was using TolerantX as a runekeeper) I freaking love the events, it makes the game feel real like a medieval faire. one of the reasons I play LOTRO is because of LMB and i recommend it to all my friends and fellows who inquire about LOTRO or MMOs at work, so yeah you get praise. :)

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Crafting, Cosmetics, Fishing, and Music

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
to help promote and attend all events possible as well as find likeminded individuals and some day as a long shot when i get the guts to rp a minstrel i may be asking (not ever begging) if anyone wants to train me to even be as good as your band members possibly are. I basically want to promote attend and find some friends that might like me.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I want to promote attend and group as well as mentor others for the guild as well as just show the ideals of kindness and friendship. I am a heavy rper when i can find others to do it with. these are all activities i plan to contribute on a regular basis.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
i read the hobbit at a young age and the lotr shortly therafter. I have seen all the fi.ms and am guilty of getting my gf to watch them as well. I like the battle of helms deep as well as the scenes with frodo and sam and the fil the hobbit the scenes in the forest. i like the prancing pony and wish we could have some good rp scenes there.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I was wondering if I might be able to direct ppl to this page to possibly recruit. I have been a LMB fan since 2012 and have been wanting to be a member of what i honestly see as the best guild in LOTRO.

Baronnecrospasm

re: why? is there a specific reason i was denied a membership?

why? is there a specific reason i was denied a membership? and if so i'd like to know so i may be given a chance. <p> </p>
Aldekim
Officer

re: DECLINED - App: Baronnecrospasm - by Byrcha

A significant part of it is your character name which is felt to be a clear violation of the character name requirements in our charter. Perhaps you have another toon without the first name form and potential drug culture reference. We at the Lonely Mountain Band are serious about naming and family friendly culture in general. Please take a close look at our charter before considering applying with another character.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Baronnecrospasm

re: understood about the first name...

I was wondering how pipeweed is considered a drug culture reference. herbpipe is a given name by naming conventions in Middle -Earth much how Thorin Oakenshield had his bestowed. My character's first name may not be a "canon" name, but I stand by a last name not needing changed. I have plenty of alts and all share the last name. This is because my characters are almost always seen smoking their pipeweed in game. I t is a matter of fact that some of the kinship members here have seen me doing so and i've messaged 2 members in game and asked if they had any idea of the status of my application... all while smoking pipeweed and dancing to music one of them played. Also, in closing, pipeweed is included in LOTRO without any drug references, and is written about in all the novels. (heck it even has some nice abilities in Shadow of Mordor). If you will accept a different first name I would be happy to reapply with that character. The last name was researched before i chose it and really has more lord of the rings culture in it that one related to any drug. I smoke tobacco but tobacco isn in lotro its called pipeweed or i could be tobaccopipe, but THAT name would be against LOTRO canon, and not even close to a drug reference. Sorry If I've taken too much of your time, I just take offense when people assume its a drug reference in my name.
Baronnecrospasm

re: also your current members....

your kinship has people name "spotted" "strumpette" and "warcommand" none of those names have Middle-Earth connotations, yet you have a problem with Tolerantx? so basically if he was named Toleranx it would be a different story because of one letter? I understand the MAJORITY of the kinship has epic Tolkien names, but not everyone in your kinship currently operates within Middle-Earth naming conventions. Excluding others who's names might be off by one letter could be seen as some as elitism or picking and choosing people based on preference and friends currently in a kinship. please understand that i use family friendly' names and a one letter difference shouldnt be a big deal if you're already letting people with names like "Warcommand" in your kinship.
Shintako

re: DECLINED - App: Baronnecrospasm - by Byrcha

<p> </p>

I am curious about this also, Shintako Shimazu is a clearly Japanese name, yet I have created a story for her that allows that type of linguistic foundation within Tolkien-cannon, yet it is quite a stretch.

Awarded:

re: Re: also your current members....

Baronnecrospasm wrote:
your kinship has people name "spotted" "strumpette" and "warcommand" none of those names have Middle-Earth connotations, yet you have a problem with Tolerantx?

I double-checked the roster. We don't have characters with any of these names in our kinship.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum