Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Molly Bayberry
Officer

Awarded:

re: Solve-A-Mystery Sign-Ups -- Actors Needed! - Oct 25 at 4pm

All right, I'll be there. I don't have a preference as to how to help, whatever is needful.

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I have revised the first post with the latest information on the event.

Current Roles
The current sign-ups are:
RolePlayerPlayed ByDescription
Witness 1Hollyberyeherself
Witness 2Lilikateherself
Witness 3Lindoriehherself
Witness 4ByrchaBraxwald
Witness 5CorulinDimfalas
Chief InvestigatorMorgunithStamberey The IC organizer of the investigation who answers questions.
Road Warden 1Claralyn???A town guard from Bree who helps everyone find their way.
Road Warden 2Mornawen???Second warden (optional)

I need to know the following from each volunteer --

* The name of the character you will use for this event.
NOTE: You are all witnesses and not suspects, so none of you will have to leave the party or roleplay being a thief.

* Confirmation that you can attend from 3:45pm until 5:30pm.

* An email address (or PM if you prefer) where I can send your game information.
NOTE: Each person gets different information. You must keep yours secret until it is time to give clues to investigators.

If you want to begin working on your outfits, dress as if you attended a Phantom of the Opera style masquerade ball.

Thank you again for volunteering. This is going to be an amazing event!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2014/10/16 1:50 pm; edited 8 times in total

Awarded:

Hi, Kiralynn,

I am confirming that I will be there at the times you state, and I am really looking forward to it!

If it really is okay, I would like to roleplay on Hollyberye. Hollistar would be my second choice. I don't have to be kinless to do this, right? I wouldn't want to to have to temporarily leave the kin.

I will PM you my email but I think you have it already :-). I will keep my script/part secret and start working on costume and emotes, Lyrical, etc.

Hollyberye
Lilikate

I am still looking for an additional pair of musicians to play at this event. Rehearsal this Saturday. Also the Remediators would welcome any musicians who wish to play with them a welcoming/end of event set.

Hi Kira,

Probably easiest for me to attend as Lilikate :)

You have my email

Can attend for the entire event.

I will be attending in my TSO white formal attire!

Awarded:

The characters can be any race, gender, class, or kinship affiliation. Bring whomever you like. You will all be playing witnesses rather than suspects. You will be interviewed by the investigators and giving out clues about the suspects, who are NPCs. The short story summary is that you were attending a masquerade ball when something valuable went missing. In the ensuing chaos, all of you saw things that will help the investigators determine who is responsible for the theft.

Awarded:

I can attend at that time, and I would like my information sent in a forum PM, please :)

Would it be OK if I just read through my info real quick before giving you the name of the character I'll be playing? I'm leaning towards Corulin, but not sure lol blushing

Officer

Awarded:

We may need to switch the Chief Investigator and a couple of other roles around if we don't hear from the rest of the volunteers soon. I know that schedules can change, which is why I'm checking now that we're closer to the actual event date. We'll survive if a Road Warden has to cancel at the last moment, but the game breaks if the CI or a witness doesn't make it.

Please confirm your attendance if you haven't already, and let me know which character you'll play so that I can include it in the game document. Thanks!

I can make it! But I may have to level a Bree character. Unless you could take a human character with a Sindarin name?
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

I am planning to be there. For a Bree-land type witness, Braxwald would probably work best (unless the role is written for a Dwarf, in which case only Yahr will do).

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Cressley wrote:
I can make it! But I may have to level a Bree character. Unless you could take a human character with a Sindarin name?

Any race, class, and gender is fine. Pick the character you'd most like to bring to a masquerade Halloween party.
Just let me know their name so that I can update the master document. The Chief Investigator will need to know.

As some of you have noticed, we're dealing with a Zebra puzzle. I feel that this will work best, given the short window of time in which investigators must solve the mystery. It's very straight-forward with regard to clues, giving you all plenty of opportunity to roleplay. Despite the few number of clues, the puzzle will still be a challenge.

Who stole the ruby necklace?
For bonus points --
* What color was their mask?
* What food did they eat the most?
* What musical instrument did they play?
* What pipe weed did they smoke?
* In what order did they arrive?

The extra details will make sure that some people don't win by simply guessing a suspect at random, in order to be among the first to correctly answer. I don't want to make the 1-in-4 odds too tempting. Even if someone answers later, if they get more of the details correct, they'll still win.

I believe that I can attend from 3:45 pm to 5:30 pm, I will be using Stamberey and I'll PM you my email address.

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Morgunith wrote:
I believe that I can attend from 3:45 pm to 5:30 pm, I will be using Stamberey and I'll PM you my email address.

Hopefully you'll be able to stay a few minutes longer. If necessary, show up later and miss the auction. The Chief Investigator is the one who reveals the solution to the mystery at the very end. I'm hoping you won't have to leave suddenly if the event runs over. I try to keep them on time, but sometimes things happen outside of my control.

Awarded:

I'll be playing a male elf called Dimfalas :)

Officer

Awarded:

Kira, I will be using Lindorieh. You can PM me the info directly.

Looking forward to this!

Lind.

On Crickhollow - Morivanye- Rangers of Ithilien

On Anor: -Morfindiel, Laerlenn -Mythgard

On Ithil: Morfindiel - The Kin

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: