Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

re: Solve-A-Mystery Sign-Ups -- Actors Needed! - Oct 25 at 4pm

Darn, I can't make this one! Oh well, best of luck to those who can! And I say more power to non-LMB people who want to volunteer - that frees up LMBers to participate in the mystery-solving. I don't think they'd need access to the forums though, would they? If I remember rightly, in the past you've done mostly parts assignment here, while further discussion took place over emails, which you can do with anyone that doesn't mind sharing their email address.

I always looked over my info at least the day before, if not earlier, and went to my house to try out emotes and speech texts. (Going to your house means no one else can see what you're doing!) If you don't have a house, you're perfectly welcome to use mine - all LMBers have access to go inside. This is also helpful when setting up your Lyrical, because then you can test everything out!

I suggest using /shout rather than /say, to avoid the /say bug and to make sure everyone can hear you even if they're far away. I personally suggest NOT using emote text to give clues because some people may have emotes turned off (I know I tend to turn it off at such events). That goes against what Kira said though, so it's really up to personal preference. When I was the chief investigator, I tended to alternate blocks of speech in /shout with descriptive text in /em (such as "/story explains the situation.", which displayed as "Eliwren explains the situation." while her arms waved around). That gives you the emotes, some alternate text for the emotes, plus important info isn't getting potentially lost.

Officer

Awarded:

So far, we have the following sign-ups:

* Suspects - Hollyberye, Lilikate, Lindorieh, Byrcha
* Witnesses - Corulin
* Chief Investigator - Morgunith
* Road Wardens - None

We will need a few more volunteers if we're going to pull this off.
We need at least one more suspect and a road warden/understudy.

If you can volunteer and you're not on the list above, please post and let me know how you'd like to participate.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2014/09/15 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Okay, I have been pondering a theme for this. How does this sound...

We'll base it loosely on the Phantom of the Opera. The ranch will become a fancy theater. Strange and startling things have been taking place. The investigators need to figure out which suspect is the "phantom", causing all the trouble and mishaps. This will tie in nicely to using the ranch as our theater in December. It will also give the band an idea of what type of music to play. (Perhaps TSO would like to do all the songs from Phantom?) What do you think?

Awarded:

We need at least two more sign-ups to host this event. Four suspects is a minimum and a road warden (AKA understudy) is very important.

If there's something you'd like to see changed about the event to make it more fun, please do post suggestions. I'm always tinkering with it, trying to make it better, so your perspective would be very helpful.

If we can't find enough volunteers, I can perhaps host a different event, so suggestions on that are welcome, too! :)

Awarded:

I should be able to help with this (though, you know, availability could change). Yahr is clamoring to participate once again, but having now been "typecast" perhaps I should use another character?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The Remediators have signed up to play for this event. They're going to put together an hour of themed music.

I'd like to volunteer as a Road Warden if you still have a spot to fill, or a "concerned neighbor."
Lilikate

Oct 25th you say?

Can my role of Band Leader be written into the script. It would make it more plausable for my character.

I have a store of characters at your disposal, I don't need to use Lilikate to lead a musical group.

Who made a really nice version of Music of the Night. I am searching in vain for it in my folders. Help!

Kira- I have a nice collection of Phantom music ready. I will work on the Labels and Spread sheet tomorrow. I need 8 musicians but not all the pieces are for 8. Do you want me to recruit within the kin or send out the invite to others?

Now I am worried I have my events confused.

For the October Solve a Mistery I have created some Phantom of the Opera Music as I thought that was the theme of the event.

For the Theater plays I have the intent to work with the Remediators, I understood I was to find, convert the music. Going to find some midi to work with after the Update...

With so many events it is too easy to get confused. :)

Awarded:

The Remediators are hoping to play for the Solve-a-Mystery event. The music for SaM is very straight-forward.

They want to help you with music for Theater Night. This is the event I need the most help with, when it comes to music.

I agree, between Solve-a-Mystery, Theater Night, and Winterstock, there is a lot going on around the LMB. Exciting times!

I apologize for any confusion.

Awarded:

Here are our actors --
* Suspects: Hollyberye, Lilikate, Lindorieh, Byrcha
* Witnesses: Corulin, need one more
* Chief Investigator: Morgunith
* Road warden: Claralyn, need one more

If you would like to sign up for this event (or you're no longer available), please let me know right away.
Once the script is written, the game falls apart if people are missing. Thanks!

To add further to Byrcha and Kiralynn, last year I used Lyrical, but used it for /emotes AND /say.

I typed up all my emotes to enhance my statements and when you double click an emote and statement quickly in lyrical, you'll do both at the same time.

I wish I could participate again this year because it's SO much fun. Alas, I will be out of town

Forum Image

Molly Bayberry
Officer

Awarded:

How long will this event run, do you think, Kiralynn? I took part in the first one many moons ago, but I don't remember how long it took. I'd sign up if the event would be over by 6:30.

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Last year, it took around two hours. We're aiming for the same, here.
I'd like to get the auction done in 30 minutes and the mystery done in 60 minutes.
After that, the music and partying will last as long as people are interested.

On that note, I'm still looking for volunteers to help with the auction, to make sure it goes quickly and smoothly.

Page 2 of 4

Jump to: