Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Aldekim
Officer

re: Fifth Anniversary of Ales & Tales!

Viyoley of Dale wrote:

*About the fireworks*

I remember there were group of colored hobbit lasses at one of the Andune concert, they might be Kikila alts?, can' we hire them?

I believe they were an offshot of Die Meisterbarden von Bree.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Aldekim
Officer

Oh, and while I'm here I would mention that I have composed a simple anniversary poem for presentation at the event.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Harperella
High Officer

Byrcha wrote:
Harper, it would be great if you (and Galen?) could "say a few words" about the history/significance of Ales & Tales. Leading some dances would also be nice, since we seldom have that these days. And maybe a freestyle harp tune?

Kira, I'm sure OW can provide some music for fireworking -- but then we need volunteers to launch fireworks. :)

I'll open my bit with a freestyle tune, then speechify a bit on A&T. Organized dances can be a bit difficult inside the Green Dragon. Let me go check it out in-game to see how we might work it.

--Harper

Five years! I wonder if I can get my beard any longer at the barber vendor? Perhaps whiter at least lol!

I SHALL BE THERE, and would be happy to say/do anything needed short of sampling Barrow cheese.

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Glad to hear it Galenhir!

Oh, last year we held it in the area outside the front door of the Green Dragon -- plenty of room to dance.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Should I bring fireworks or has someone invited Die Meisterbarden's fireworks team instead?

Awarded:

Kira, you should plan to bring/do fireworks since it was your idea. If the Meister-hobbits are around then maybe they can assist (though not really their timezone).

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

All righty, the Fifth Anniversary of 'Ales & Tales' is less than one week away! So far, we have an intro by Harper/Galenhir, a poem by Aldekim, fireworks by Kira/OW/volunteers, two epic sets by Old Winyards ... and? Does anyone else have a story or poem to share? We also could use a vendor or two.

Kira, can we do fireworks to 8-Beyond?

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
Kira, can we do fireworks to 8-Beyond?

Pick any song you like. I do have two concerns with this one, though.
First, will we have 8 people available to play music, plus 6+ more available to launch fireworks?
Second, I think fireworks go best with really high energy music. The song you've suggested is beautiful and relaxing.

Might I suggest one of these, based on how many musicians we'll have:
5-(Keli)Shimmy Shimmy Shake.abc - 3:12 <--- This one would be perfect!
6-(Flo)UeberDenWolken.abc - 3:40

Maybe we can find (or make) one that has a variable number of musicians that will work regardless.

I do like the idea of picking a song ahead of time, because then I can time the fireworks to it. :)

Fireworks launching volunteers, please carry a sparkler in your off-hand if possible, thanks!

Awarded:

Since it is the Anniversary show, I am expecting 8+ musicians (Eilye demands no fewer!). We'll play 8-Beyond anyway, so we can go with one of your other suggestions for fireworks. It would also allow some OWers to help launch the fireworks if the song requires fewer musicians.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Keli, do you mind if we use 5-(Keli)Shimmy Shimmy Shake.abc ?

Awarded:

Of course play it, all my songs are for all

Eilye
Field Marshal

Byrcha wrote:
I am expecting 8+ musicians (Eilye demands no fewer!).

/shakefist
Sullo Leafwalker

Awarded:

I will be there!
(And I will do my absolute best to stay the whole time. Unfortunately I will be on-call for work that night, so if the pager goes off, I will have to poof. tongue out)

Awarded:

The 5th Anniversary of 'Ales & Tales' is this Monday! We hope you can join us! We still have room for a tale or poem or two.

Old Winyardsers -- please sign up in the usual manner at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnIxmCbTo2KgdGxXNFBkVWtlazVJamU2QU05aHhvV0E#gid=105

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: