Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Fifth Anniversary of Ales & Tales!

Mark yer calendars! Alert the media! Bake some pies! The five-year anniversary of Ales & Tales will be held on Monday August 18th (at the Green Dragon in Bywater, of course).

Actually, we may still have plenty of pies leftover from Weatherstock. But do plan to join us on August 18th if you can. Also, we still have room for a tale or two.

Old Winyardsers -- please sign up in the usual manner at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnIxmCbTo2KgdGxXNFBkVWtlazVJamU2QU05aHhvV0E#gid=105

Last edited by Byrcha on 2014/08/17 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Calycanthus
NoCyg
Officer

If pie and ale is needed, I still have several hundred of each leftover from what I made for Weatherstock. Just let me know if it's needed.
Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

Yes, there is still plenty of ale, pie and pipe weed sitting in various larders after Weatherstock. The Brewery and Mad Badger are still full, as is my mailbox.

Officer

Awarded:

Does anyone want to join together to play themed music and put on a coordinated fireworks display? 8)

Awarded:

A fireworks extravaganza sounds like a great idea!

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Eojawyn

re: Can't wait!

Very exciting...I can't wait!

Crickhollow-Second Breakfast: Eojawyn (Woman Champion)-Main, Irizeth (Elf Hunter), Russelia (Hobbit Hunter), Ajarel (Elf Runkeeper), Moriquel (High Elf Runekeeper), Semi-active: Ismenis (Woman Minstrel), Clethra (Hobbit Guardian), Escryth (Woman Burglar), Idunnr (Woman Loremaster), Olivinia (Hobbit Minstrel), Isyla (Beorning) Landroval-Lonely Mountain Band: Ajarel (Elf Warden)-Server Main
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

The Fifth Anniversary of 'Ales & Tales' is less than two weeks away -- Monday August 18th!

We have a fireworks extravaganza in the works. Do we have any Special Guests who might make an appearance? If so, let us know what you have planned and how much time you need.

Alas, we have no Tales lined up yet? Where, oh where, might we find some??

We have plenty of ale/pie/weed -- but we need some yellow-clad vendors.

Harperella
High Officer

I shall endeavor to attend. Mind if I MC?

Could it be jointly with Tamoro? Speaking purely for myself, I'd hate to see the Hobbit who helps keep this tradition alive week in and week out not be included in hosting.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I'll bring what fireworks I can, but please bring Rainbow and White, as I don't have many of those.

Eilye wrote:
Could it be jointly with Tamoro? Speaking purely for myself, I'd hate to see the Hobbit who helps keep this tradition alive week in and week out not be included in hosting.

I don't want to grab credit from the great work from our regular Ales and Tales crew. How about I give an intro speech (with Galen if possible) and then lead an organized dance set with Old Winyards at the end of the event? Anniversaries are a great time to look back where we've been, and there are plenty of great memories throughout the five years of A&T.

Awarded:

Eilye wrote:

Not to worry Eilye! I have an idea as to how we can jointly handle the emceeing.

I'll do the initial opening prior to OW taking the stage as I normally do, but then introduce Harper as the Special Guest MC for the evening prior to OW's opening set. Harper will say a few words (hopefully with Galenhir), then OW will take the stage for the opening set.

I'll still be playing with OW and also doing the announcements as normal at the midshow point while Mentoring is going on. I'll leave the rest up to you, Harper. If you like, I'll cover emceeing when you do the organized dances.

I'm hoping for a full staff that night... vending, sound engineer, etc.

Also, Perhaps we can persuade Gori to share a tale with us on this special occasion! I'm really hoping to have a good sampling of all the fine songs and stories that have made Ales & Tales a destination for the past Five Years!

Officer

Awarded:

Are there any volunteers to play some rousing, upbeat, high energy music during the fireworks show?

Awarded:

Harper, it would be great if you (and Galen?) could "say a few words" about the history/significance of Ales & Tales. Leading some dances would also be nice, since we seldom have that these days. And maybe a freestyle harp tune?

Kira, I'm sure OW can provide some music for fireworking -- but then we need volunteers to launch fireworks. :)

Anthemisa
Anthemisa
Officer

Awarded:

I volunteered to be a stage manager of 5th anniversary of A&T to remember same atmosphere at the third anniversary...

It's been almost a year for me to join stage crew of A&T, I'd be very happy to on duty for the special occasion. Surely I can double up stage managing works with any volunteering kinmate. I hope to be able to serve effectively to talented people of LMB and A&T regulars.

I'm already over excited for the special night! lol

*About the fireworks*

I remember there were group of colored hobbit lasses at one of the Andune concert, they might be Kikila alts?, can' we hire them?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: