Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Mar-Evayave

re: Storyteller's Festival -- Sept 13 at 4pm -- Planning Thread

Okay, I have asked for the day off from work. If my boss is nice and gives me the day off I can do the following:

-Play with TSO
-Play with AE (if Geoff signs us up)
-Vendor when not otherwise occupied

R8 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) @ Landroval
Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

I'm not sure if I will be around much so haven't formally signed up Andune. Of course, any other member can take a lead and gather some players for a slot at the start.

Over and above any songs in the LMB playlist, I can donate 2 fine autumnal numbers for playing: Forever Autumn and Leaves of Gold (with lyrics).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

If we can raise just a little money, we'll unlock two exclusive cosmetic cloaks!

If the Orchestra could have the 3-4pm slot or the 4-5pm slot that would be fab for organising the masses.

Awarded:

I can't be sure of the time for the ending slot, because it depends on how many people sign up to compete. If you need an exact time, I recommend taking the opening slot.

Kira please excuse me! In my previous post I was talking about the opening slot. I thought we were starting at 4pm st?

Awarded:

The opening slot is yours. I look forward to it. People usually start showing up for an event 15 minutes or so before it begins. We'll start at 4:00pm EDT/server, but guests will probably be there starting at 3:45pm. We could use music while I explain the rules to the competitors and wait for them to pick places to perform. The crowd will need entertaining during this time. It will take about 30 minutes, depending on how organized and prepared they are. If you could play from 3:45pm until everyone's ready to compete, that would be perfect.

I'll arrange enough for an hour, well form up at 3.15 and begin playing at 3.30pm. This will give the gathering folks something to do. From 4.00pm we will try to play more soothing and less distracting pieces.

I am in the process of making something very special for your event. :)

Awarded:

This event is only about a week away.

It's time to announce the prizes!

3,000 Turbine Points for first place in each category.
1,500 TP for second place and 1,000 TP for third place.

Please spread the word! :)

Awarded:

I have made some small improvements to the decorations for the Storyteller's Festival. Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the token pile! There is now a red hobbit wagon next to the ranch, so if your tale involves hobbits, that might be a good place to perform. Now we have a little setting for each race -- elves and dwarves on the lake shore, hobbits and Rohirrim at the ranch, a campfire for tales at the lake edge, and scary huorns in two locations.

If you'd like to help with this event, please bring high and low altitude fireworks to launch from the ranch lawn before TSO plays, to help attract visitors to the right address. I could also use help advertising in Bree and Bree-land until the last moment.

Let's raise some money for kids! :)

Awarded:

Contestants: At 4:00pm we'll start going over the event rules. Next, you'll need to pick a spot to perform your act. Explore the nearby houses (inside and out) and find a place that is a good backdrop for your poem, song, or story. Don't forget to let me know where your spot is, because I'll be leading the audience to you!

Your address choices are: 3 Fountain Street; 3 or 4 Garden Street; 7 or 8 Chestnut Street; yard of the ranch (9 Chestnut St).
There are decorations with a hobbit, elf, dwarf, Rohirrim, spooky Huorn, and campfire theme. So, if you're reciting an elven poem, you may want to stand near the elven decorations. If you're singing a song about the Horselords, stand by the Rohan tents. If you want everyone to stand around a large bonfire while you tell a spooky tale, look for the bonfire and pick that spot.

Basically the event will run like this:
* Before 3:30pm -- Contestants sign up with Kiralynn. We launch fireworks from the front yard of the ranch to guide the audience to the right house.
* 3:30pm -- We go inside to hear The Starlight Orchestra perform.
* 4:00pm -- The band plays for the audience, while the contestants listen to the rules in a Raid group.
* 4:15pm -- Contestants explore the 5 houses listed above to find a spot to perform. They remain at that spot and tell Kiralynn where they are.
* 4:30pm -- The concert ends. Kiralynn leads the audience from contestant to contestant, giving them a chance to perform.
* After all acts -- The audience and contestants return to the ranch (9 Chestnut Street). The audience votes for the winners, donating money to earn more votes.
* After voting -- The winners are announced and prizes are given out. TSO is welcome to play more music if there is time and interest.

Awarded:

Stories were told, poems were recited, and songs were sung at the first annual Storyteller’s Festival. The event began with a concert by The Starlight Orchestra performing the Fellowship of the Ring Symphony. Under the direction of Lilikate, this twenty-four-member orchestra plays beautiful pieces that are simply lacking when attempted by smaller bands. The audience grew quickly as word spread about the quality of their performance.

Forum Image

While the audience enjoyed the music, thirteen artists made their way around the neighborhood, finding the perfect spot at which to present their contest entry. Ballads were sung by Baudhaegas, Erikin, Navrian, and Tennyson. Poems were recited by Byrcha and Winri. Short stories were told by Acornee, Berynon, Cressley, Viyoley, and Winri. A story and a poem were shared by Fayeh and Rhovanael.

Forum Image

The artists were dressed in an array of stunning and delightful outfits. They spun tales of lost love, haunting ghosts, obsession, the One Ring, an ill-fated expedition to Moria, and other topics with a spooky or Autumn theme. Some of the performances brought the audience to tears while others inspired a great roar of applause.

Forum Image

As the last story drew to a close, the audience returned to Windy Acres Ranch. Kiralynn invited the performers from each category on stage for a vote. The audience was encouraged to donate money to Rick Heaton’s “Extra Life” campaign, benefiting Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Click here to see the list of donations. If we have inspired you to help, please click here to donate and be a real-life hero. Feel free to mention the Storyteller’s Festival in the comments. After all the votes were tallied, it was time to announce the winners. The voting was very close. In one case, an artist took the lead by only two votes. The artists earned extra votes by raising money for charity.

Forum Image

In the Best Ballad category, the winners were Tennyson in first place, Baudhaegas in second, and Erikin in third. In the Best Poem category, the winners were Rhovanael in first place, Byrcha in second, and Fayeh in third. In the Best Short Story category, the winners were Acornee in first place, Cressley in second, and Rhovanael in third. The first place winners received a grand prize of 3,000 Turbine Points. Second place winners received 1,500 Turbine Points, and third place winners were given codes for 1,000 Turbine Points. At the end of the evening, $388 were raised for charity.

Forum Image

Thank you to everyone who attended, especially our performing artists. Many thanks to The Starlight Orchestra for an amazing and memorable concert. Special thanks to the heroes who donated to Extra Life – Alison Morgan, Anonymous, Claire Balani, Clifford Kutzner, Eric Nail, Henrietta N., Jane Haspel, Jay Schlegel, Marja Kerkola, Peter Spanos, Sara Stallard, and Tobias Hasselwander. Your generous act of kindness will be remembered!

UPDATE: Rick Heaton tweeted his thanks!

Awarded:

I loved reading all about this wonderful event, which I regretfully had to miss. What a great write-up, Kiralynn! It sounded simply marvelous.

Holly
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: