Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aldekim
Officer

re: loggin blues

Decided to alt to my F2P for a while and can't get back in game now. Fails on attempting to reach patch server on initial login launcher. Hope it is nothing major. Everything has been a bit buggy since getting my new hard drive yesterday. Oh well we'll see.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

Barf.

Good luck, Aldekim. Short of asking if you downloaded LotRO from Steam, I can't think of anything to ask.

Honor and fun,
Dann a.k.a. Gori

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Aldekim
Officer

No I didn't use steam, I used the Lotro default download system. I am at a loss, and will at least try to redownload the game, though I am having great difficulty finding a method of redownloading short of creating a new F2P account, which is how I did the most recent download. Unless I have some success that way, I may need to cancel my King of the Wind races and find some way to get the kinship cash I am currently holding to another kinnie. I may be able to enlist the assistance of a friend in the area to get that much done. Time will tell the tale.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Oh, I hate it when things get buggy like this! Here are a few things I found on the forums that you might try?

+ Access the launcher menu > options > proxy and set to "no proxy"
    + Try deleting or renaming the "UserPreferences.ini" file in your Documents Directory.
    + Try doing the Repair option on the launcher. This will reset all the settings to their defaults and you will have to re-do any you have changed.
    + Access the launcher menu > options. Click on the retrieve updates automatically.
    + In the launcher menu, try switching to another language (forcing a new round of updates). You can revert to English after it does any updating.
    + Make sure your Windows clock time and date is correct, and check that your pc language is set to English.
    + Powercycle your modem and router for 30 secs and ensure 'Turbinelauncher' in your game directory is set to 'run as administrator'
    + Finally, here is the lovely troubleshooting guide that I have bookmarked for these occasions :P http://support.turbine.com/link/portal/24001/24001/ArticleFolder/72/Launcher-Errors

You may have already tried some or all of these, but I thought it couldn't hurt to share them with you as I've had troubles like this in the past where one or another helped! I installed LOTRO through Steam when I built my new PC, but I run it using the TurbineLauncher.exe found in the SteamApps folder instead of through the Steam interface and haven't had any of those old problems, so far. I do ope you'll be able to find a solution!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

There is also the option of calling tech support on the phone. The phone support guys are always incredibly helpful.

I contacted Turbine support by e-mail, and redownloaded the game. I think it was the e-mail that resulted in me getting back in game last night. So hopefully things are set now. I am going to limit my actions for a few days until I feel more secure, but things seem to be going well now. Thanks for the advice.

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

So glad you were able to get it sorted out, Aldekim!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: