Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Spring Racing Carnival - Sat, May 17 - Planning Thread

Forum Image

It's time to organize this year's Spring Racing Carnival, an equestrian extravaganza with fun and prizes.

To make this event a big success, we'll need your help!

Date: Saturday, May 17

Current Schedule:
TimeHostLocationEvent DescriptionBand
10am-10:45amLilikateShire/MDSmell the Roses Shire SprintBit's Pieces
11am-11:45amLilikateShire/MDSmell the Roses War-Steed Sprint?
Noon-12:20pmHarperellaMichel DelvingMiddle-Earth Rare Breeds ParadeLilikate's Creatures
12:30pm-1:15pmHarperellaMichel DelvingWestfarthing Horse Show (mounted fashion contest)Lilikate's Creatures
1:15pm-2:30pmBREAKLunch break.
2:30pm-4pmAldekimShire racetrackKing of the Winds Sprints (4 sprints + final race)Die Meisterbarden von Bree
4:30pm-5pmCraicwythHorsefieldsFormation riding team demoAndune
5:30pm-7:30pmKiralynnHengstacer farmsHengstacer Stampede Rodeo (barrel racing, comedy show, name-that-breed, name-that-song contest)Just Abby's
8pm-8:20pmKiralynnHengstacer farmsHengstacer Sprint (qualifier)Just Abby's
8:30pm-9pmKiralynnHengstacer farmsBree Championship CupThe Remediators
9pm - tilKiralynnHengstacer farmsSRC ConcertThe Remediators

Rodeo Schedule
* Introduction - 10 min
* Comedy segment 1 - 10 min
* Barrel racing - 30 min
* Comedy segment 2 - 10 min
* Name That Breed - 15 min
* Comedy Segment 3 - 10 min
* Name That Song - 20 min

* Rodeo Clowns (3) -- The Sore Thumbs: Mave, Krohkur and Briallan
* Barrels (3) -- Byrcha, Bittercress, and Bellcari
* Championship Cup bookie (1) -- Needed

Notes
* The 1:30pm-2:30pm is open. Do you have an idea for an equestrian event you would like to host?
* We could use lovely advertising posters that fit well inside forum and blog posts (usually around 600 pixels wide).
* We need gold for the grand prize. If you're sitting around on a pile of 1,000 gold with no idea what to spend it on, here's a great way to show off your dragon's hoard.
* All horse races will need judge volunteers. This is a very easy job. You stand at a checkpoint and watch the racers go by, taking screenshots. After the race, the host will ask if you saw certain people at your checkpoint. You'll check your screenshots to verify they went past your checkpoint. Sometimes, we're able to get nice prizes to reward our volunteers.
* The following riders are pre-qualified for the Championship Cup - Kikilaa, Cirthalon, Eliwren, Artemieth, Hoboin, Louellana, Mornareth, Tinylea, Craicwyth, Gonda, Limilniel, Mellime, and Meneladan.

Please help make this SRC (Spring Racing Carnival) the best one yet!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2014/05/19 9:12 pm; edited 20 times in total

My contribution: Smell the Roses Shire Sprint.

We gather at 10am

10.30am(EDT) - A Shire Sprint on +68% mounts. Starting and finishing at Michel Delving, check points are: Needlehole, Scary, Woodhall and Hobbiton.

11.15am(EDT) - A War Horse Sprint. Same route.

I will begin to sketch out the public information for this now.
However I cannot have these ready before the middle of next week. So hopefully by the 16th I will have a poster as well as an announcement post ready.

Last edited by Lilikate on 2014/04/10 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Schedule updated, thanks Lilikate!

Would Old Winyards or TSO like to perform at the Spring Racing Carnival? If so, please choose slot(s) soon. I want to give you priority sign-ups.

Would anyone like to perform at the rodeo as the traditional "clowns" for the comedy skit?

Would any of you like to host an event?

This will probably be our last SRC, so let's make it a good one. :)

I would offer the TSO, but if you want a band to play during a display or event... I think half the riders would be TSO.

I'd bring the Creatures to the Rare Breeds parade if we could get enough people to play.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Lilikate wrote:
I would offer the TSO, but if you want a band to play during a display or event... I think half the riders would be TSO.
I'd bring the Creatures to the Rare Breeds parade if we could get enough people to play.

If TSO plays at the 9pm slot right after the Bree Cup, you won't have to worry about people being busy during a race. Let me know if Creatures decides to play the horse show/fashion contest. That would be lovely.

I'd love to Kira but TSO at 9pm is impossible for me... it's my 3am sad

You can have the "Creatures" for the Riding Display and I will go post on TSO Forums and see if I can find you a suitable alternative for the 9pm slot.

I posted over at TSO Forums, I am sure you'll have more bands soon than you know what to do with.

After the Greenfields event, I will post a signup for the SRC Creatures Band...
Bittercress
Bittercress

Awarded:

I'll be there, definitely as a judge, and as a musician if needed. Beyond that I'd offer to be a clown ... but I'm not very funny.
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

The Just Abby's are available to play for some of the event. I told Abby that I would let her know what times are available once we know who all is playing.

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Would the Creatures be playing the Noon horse show/fashion contest, the 5:00pm riding team demo, or both?

The Remediators would like to play the Bree Cup and post-race concert, starting at 8:30pm.

All other slots are open as of 10:45pm on Friday.

Here's the post in the Landroval forums:
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?545996-Spring-Racing-Carnival-Sat-May-17-Calling-all-bands-and-volunteers!

The earlier hour may be more suitable to Mr Buggins Kira. We will be able to find another band to follow us. There are so many these days. Confirming the Noon spot for LMC.

Just jiggle those times, we gather for the Shire Sprint at 10am to start the race at 10.30...Then Gathering the racers again from 10.50- 11.00. The Warsteed Race Starts atrace starts at 11.20am

We should be clear by 1150 am (All going well)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Aldekim -- Die Meisterbarden von Bree would like to play during your event. Does that sound good to you? Is there anything in particular you'd like them to play?

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Aldekim -- Die Meisterbarden von Bree would like to play during your event. Does that sound good to you? Is there anything in particular you'd like them to play?

I could not be more thrilled. I would love to have Die Meisterbarden perform at the King of the Wind Sprints.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I have 1,500 TP to donate to your event, Aldekim. This is three 500 TP blocks, so you can award 500 TP to the top three, or 1,500 to the winner, or 1,000/500 TP as you wish.

I have confirmed with Die Meisterbarden.

Awarded:

How is our schedule looking so far? (See post #1.) If you need to make a correction, please let me know ASAP. Thanks!

NEWS

* We have three rodeo clowns putting together a clever comedy show!

* We have some Turbine Points to give away. (No word from Sapience yet, but I'm hopeful.)

* We still need bands for events, especially the formation riding team demo.

* We need riders for the rare breeds parade. I'm hoping to show some of the really rare horses this year - red skeleton, hobby, red dawn, first marshal, cave-claw, isengard great, bree, many colors, mahogany, dale-lands, free-people's PVP, and the dunedain/galadhrim/ost dunhost war-steeds. If you have one of these and can ride in the parade, please let me know.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2014/04/16 9:26 am; edited 3 times in total

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
I have 1,500 TP to donate to your event, Aldekim. This is three 500 TP blocks, so you can award 500 TP to the top three, or 1,500 to the winner, or 1,000/500 TP as you wish.

I have confirmed with Die Meisterbarden.

As this is a "winner take all" type event and there will be 4 qualifier winners one 500TP award would be nice for the overall winner. Hopefully any others can be used for other events. Thank you for confirming the performance by Die Meisterbarden vonn Bree.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: