Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Bittercress
Bittercress

Awarded:

re: ESO

I'm not playing, even though Serbryt has tried to entice me with a free copy, but when I saw this question earlier I bounced him an email at work. This was the email response I got:

"Guilds in TESO are very different from LotRO. Firstly, they are player, not character based. So when you join a guild, all of your characters, alts etc all have access to that guild, in this respect they are far more like joining custom chat channels. You can be a member of up to 5 guilds at any one time, and can chat to all the people in all of them at any time, irrespective of the alliance your current character is playing on. Guilds can have up to 500 players in them, once they have 10 members they get access to a 500 slot shared guild bank, once they have 50 or more members they get access to a guild store, which is TESO's equivalent of an auction house. Some guilds will likely exist purely for the purposes of buying and selling, crafters and gatherers especially will find such groupings useful. The alliance that a guild allies itself with only affects PvP, you can only claim keeps and other resources for your guild if you are on a character of the appropriate alliance. The guild store is normally only accessible by members of the guild, but when a guild owns a keep, all visitors to that keep can buy from the owning guild's store."

Hope this helps!
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Oh! An LMB group on ESO would be nice. My character is Tealan and she is a Nord, but also can play with any alliance due to part of the pre-order package.

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Bittercress
Bittercress

Awarded:

Oh and he did add that if anyone needs to get in touch with him in game, mails and tells to @shyndarkly will get to him no matter what character he is on. Harass him please and tell him to get his LotRO app in!
Andeon
Officer

if people are willing, and can stand it, I'm willing to foster an LMB mirror guild in ESO.

If I did, I'd have a few rules, mostly mirroring the professional behavior and respect we have in the LMB for members - I'm open to other suggestions as far as requirements, but I think I'd set it with much the same social demeanor as LMB as well - Light to moderate RP, family-friendly environment - I'm *less* interested in music than our LMB founders were, but I have no objection to the presence of our dedicated musicy sorts, although I'm not sure what the music outlets are in ESO.

However, I *would* ask, being a light RP focus guild in another game, that players be willing to leave behind the Tolkien-side of being an LMB'er, and embrace the Elder Scrolls Lore - I love Tolkien as much as the rest of you, but I like to respect genre boundries, and so I'd ask people to embrace ESO lore as their new focus, at least for the ESO side of a guild.

I'm not sure there are any limits to creating guilds, so I can probably just pop in and start it tonight - The guild will be started on my main which is Daggerfall Covenant based, but like some have said, you join a guild based on your account identity, not character identity, so once you've joined the guild, all your characters are essentially members, although I suspect the primary presence will be Daggerfall Covenant based.

I'm going to be @phermitgb in ESO, my character is Ayeddenn, and if folks are interested, I can certainly coordinate with you to get you invited

It's an option if people are interested...I currently lack a large number of secondary guild features, like websites or voice-chat servers, but if there's sufficient interest in making it "a thing", I'm more than happy to go the lengths necessary to make it work

we'll see how it plays, and I look forward to finding some of my LOTRO friends and allies in ESO!

it's up - The "Refugees of Tamriel" Guild is up - you can contact @phermitgb for an invite - he'll be on usually late nights, and sometimes during weekends, if the idea appeals to fellow LMB'ers in ESO. I'll use this last post as a quick introduction to the light-rp background of the guild, but I have no intention of using this thread or our LMB website as a resource for the ESO guild - if it's popular enough, I'll host a website for it, but I imagine it'll just be a convenience for fellow LMB'ers, with some light RP opportunities - RPtunities

The Refugees of Tamriel is essentially a collection of all those that have been displaced by the war for the dragon throne. Having lost family, home, country, identity, to the war, these folk are invited to find a new family, a new home, with each other. While the guild is based Daggerfall covenant mostly for geographical purposes (and because the founder started there as his chosen alliance), the members need not swear allegiance to ANY alliance in particular, and are free to come and go as they please, as their new adopted home is understood to be temporary, as they each attempt to make a new life in the wake of their former destroyed lives.

that's the basic gist - I've got a more...dramatic...write up that I'm working on - 5 members and we get access to a bank, and I think it's 50 for the guild store...I wouldn't hold my breath to hitting 50 with just LMB'ers alone, but I'm going to be very, very discrete with selection of members, at least at first - primarily, LMB'ers will all be welcome, as well as friends and allies of LMB'ers on recommendation. If the guild and the game proves to be popular enough, we'll go into more detail - but that's it as I've set it up

obviously, other folk may have already found guild homes, or prefer to set up their own ideal guild setups, and I'm fine with that - but someone mentioned a need, and it was something I'd been considering doing, so it's up now, if folks think it would be useful for them

that's the end of my recruitment here in the LMB forums - if anyone wants an invite - feel free to send me a forum private mail here, or mail me at what should hopefully be @phermitgb if I understand the naming conventions correctly in ESO - otherwise, I leave this thread alone on this point from this point forward.

COUnt me in... I'll send a mail letting you know my toons' names...
Nolewen

Count me in as well. My account in TESO is Lial, and my main character is Lial Mystborn, currently a lvl 18 Templar in the Altmeri Domain. I have characters in the other factions as well. This is my first venture into Tamriel. I have never played the stand-alone games, and so I spend a lot of time reading the literature on bookshelves. Citizens have remarkably extensive libraries!

I think they are doing a very good job with story, though I find the UI cumbersome compared to Guild Wars 2 and LOTRO with which I am familiar. Yesterday I was bitten by a game bug that resulted in my losing rather costly storage upgrade and a rather large sum of game gold that I'd just deposited, and that I hope will be restored. In the meantime I am out and about in the forest trying to earn enough to pay my repair and travel bills. I have an Imperial white horse, but spend most of my time on foot searching for resources.

I've been playing for an hour or so early in the morning before the household is up and about, and another couple of hours in the evening after they are tucked in for the night. I am enjoying the story, the scenery and the adventure.

Tamreth
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Oh, I'd like to join as well! :) I think my player ID is @Tearna though I went with Tealan as my first character. DUH. hehe I'll send an email tonight when I get home from work.

Tealan is only 11. I've been taking it slow and easy and spending a good amount of time exploring and gathering and crafting. I'm in no hurry to reach level cap and I've never been a big fan of pvp except for things like the capture the flag game in WoW. I don't like ganking or being ganked, so so no need to expose myself to something that is going to make me irritated. :)

I haven't started any alts yet. Enough to take care of just one for now. hehe

As for music... they have some preset tunes on 3 instruments you can play, but they aren't meant to be played together best I can tell and you don't get to pick which tune you play. So, it isn't something anyone is going to spend a lot of time doing unless you are utterly and terribly bored or standing around waiting for group members to show up.

I will say, it is very nice to go into various buildings and areas and hear musicians playing tunes that sound like tunes... tunes that shift from song to song, some with the bard singing even (NPCs not players). I never understood why Lotro, given the abc music system richness, chose to use awful, non-descript nothings for those few bards you find standing about and the minstrel trainer. Yuck!

But off my soap box. Looking forward to having other LMBers to chat with while exploring ESO. :)

Oh yea... I play ESO in the evenings after work and on weekends ... except when I am in Lotro. hehehe

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

I decided to give it a go, and am having fun so far :)

Tamreth, send a Help request about the storage? If nothing else, the email should be entertaining - I had a glitch where one of my characters couldn't see anything in the bank (despite its being nearly full) and reported it, and got the following email later that night:
Quote:
Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

Our soothsayers have determined that the minions of Molag Bal have unjustly relieved you of some of your hard-won possessions. The mages in charge of our wards of protection are deeply sorry for this oversight. They wish to assure you that they have identified each and every adventurer who lost items, as well as each and every item that was lost. They are busily summoning the missing items back from Molag Bal’s vaults in Coldharbor.

Warm Regards,
The Elder Scrolls Online Team

I've seen several reply's like this Qiredis, there staff is great, and RP's better then most players.
Galzagar
Officer

Awarded:

I will also send you an in game mail Andeon with my intentions of joining the guild. I am really enjoying ESO so far. It will be that much better to enjoy it with LMB friends.

I am still debating... I really don't wish to "waste" any more money on gaming if I'm not sure of sticking with it for any length of time...

Suncho

My only regret so far is that I only bought 1 account of the imperial edition as a pre-order - it would have been nice to have 2 accounts with the explorer's pack perks.

You should know if you come over that there are no guild tags (or nameplates for that matter) in the UI; unless someone mouses over your toon they won't even know your name; and in guild chats you are referenced by your Account Name - not your current toon name, though toon names do show up in general zone chat. You can't inspect people, and there is no way to look at a crowd in a marketplace and say "those are all LMB".

Every account can be a member of 5 different PC guilds (NPC fighters and mages guilds and the like don't count). A lot of folks are making "guild store" guilds - just for buying/selling/bartering purposes in addition to any RP or ContentVanquishing guilds they may join.

There are a lot of options in this; you could be a member of an RP group, and a different group that does Raid or PvP content; and a 3rd group which enjoys discussing Modern Philosophy, and 2 guilds who are Merchant Exchanges. And each one is account wide - I'm not sure I've grasped all the implications yet.
Andeon
Officer

sent out several friend invites, and received several as well. Also got one from someone named Mornath? Mornthar? something like that - didn't include any message, and that character name isn't mentioned here, so I have no idea who that was...

I'm not sure if guild invites can be sent out with people being offline, so if we want to arrange a guild, we'll have to get together sometime saturday, I would suspect.

still enjoying ESO myself - hope you all are too

Awarded:

Oh, sorry about that, Andeon, I'm still learning how things work over there. I'm @morntha over in Tamriel... a level 12 Argonian templar, Hopes-for-Dawn, and a couple of alts. :)

I like the look and sound of the game, very much-- the only drawback for me so far, is the community. LotRO and the LMB have spoiled me.

I'll be out of town until Sunday afternoon, but I hope to join the guild when I return. Blood for the Pact!! Er... unless we are AD or DC?

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: