Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artemisia/Artimisia

re: App: Artemisia/Artimisia

The application submitted by Artemisia/Artimisia is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Artimisia
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 20
Race : Hobbit
Class : Minstrel

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
Hi! This is Artemisia from Landroval who is listed as a member currently, but I no longer have access to that email. I'm appealing to guildlaunch to do magic to get access to my old account, but got tired of not having access, which might never happen, so I created an account which I can always delete later to at least read the forums while they are elves and decline to tell me yes or no.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
Look on the forums under Artemisia, lol. Also EQ, EQII, and a half dozen or something other MMORPGs. God knows you probably have my original application which I remember being very voluminous and nerdy.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
Server Time

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Clone of Artemisia, I suppose

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
LMB

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
me

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
Ales & Tales, Weatherstock, and used to help run book club

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
crafting, geeking out, exploring.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
More of the same. So far, on Anor, very happy.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
No desire to be an officer again -- my health is dicey and I tend to disappear maybe days/weeks at a time from being able to sit up and game. But I am a lore monster and a terrific but admittedly more rusty than was Tolkien geek. Perhaps I could help with an incarnation of the tours or book club.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I have not only read the books but a good deal of Tolkien criticism and related Inklings literature, and even slogged through things like Morris' fantasy that influenced JRRT (and trust me, it's not for the weak). I've seen the movies, and though they are nice tributes and f/x movies, they are what I'd expect from a zombie movie fanboi. Particularly the Hobbit. He should be spanked.

Rather than a favorite "scene" I think one of my favorite things about the books is that as I've grown older, and learned more about just about anything, every reading adds more depth and is a different journey for myself, personally -- because I've changed. When I was a kid, they were sword and sorcery adventures (sort of like the movies, eh?) -- about learning to be a brave little hobbit who found light in the darkness to brave the monsters under the bed. When I was an adult, they were all about Aragorn, the reluctant hero who must shoulder responsibility and embrace honor when he should rather be with his love or hunting and exploring in the wild. But now that I am older, they are about the eternal cycle of generations, of responsibility, and how we pass responsibility to the young and have to trust they will understand what to do with the world we leave them, and hope they do not blame us for leaving them for the western shores without their problems solved. We tried our best, we lost much. Perhaps we will not see such again. Really, it's an eternal story cycle, isn't it?

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
Hi! :)

Artemisia/Artimisia

re: APPROVED - App: Artemisia/Artimisia - by Aedon Durreah

btw, this threw me a magnificent error on submit, which I might have copied, but I didn't -- but you might want to test it whoever maintains such things.
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Hi there Artimisia, you are indeed still showing as a member of LMB on the forums for sure under your main name Artemisia. I know sometimes it is nearly impossible;ee to retrieve and old acct from guildlaunch.
You are all set to be brought in with the new character. In your notes put Artemisia

Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

I assume this is not Anthemisi

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

No, completely different person.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum