Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zestes16

re: App: Zestes16

The application submitted by Zestes16 is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Gedrel
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 15
Race : Hobbit
Class : Minstrel

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I've recently just begun my journey through Middle Earth and am looking to further enjoy it by being part of a kin. I did some research and this kin was the most appealing to me, so I decided to give applying a shot. I'm looking for people who I can roleplay with while also being able to participate in quests/instances/raids. I want a nice community that can help me and that I can help (depending on my skill) as well. I think joining this kin, which is also focused on music, would be fun in two ways. One, I get to be part of a kin that roleplays and does quests. And 2, it would add to the lore of my character, a minstrel.

Player info:

Age Range:
under 17

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
I played Star Wars: The Old Republic for a while before I came to LOTRO. When I was younger, I played on an RP Lord of the Rings minecraft server until it shut down. I've also played a bit of Trove and Dungeons and Dragons (The actual game not online) as a dungeon master.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
I am in -5:00 GMT, Chicago Time

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
My character has always had an eye for adventure. When he was young, he heard tales of Bilbo's journey and the dangerous feats of other hobbits. When he was still a young boy, he discovered a love for music. He began playing in pubs, making a decent amount of coin. Although he loved playing his various tunes on a plethora of instruments, he's always had two dreams. One, is to play the bagpipes, just like his father. Secondly, he's always wanted to see Fangorn Forest and meet an Ent. Recently, Middle Earth has begun to darken. When Goblins were invading the borders of the Shire, Gedrel took it upon him to help defend his homeland. He vowed to do whatever it takes to protect the Shire, while still honoring his father in his musical career.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
I haven't been in any since I'm fairly new to the game.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
I was not referred, I just applied on my own.

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
No, this is really the first time interacting with the kin. I've seen it mentioned before in Reddit comments but I didn't know much about it until today. After this, I plan to check the calendar (Which is nice because I like being organized) and I hope to attend the next meeting either as a recruit or just to visit it.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
I've never tried RP in LOTRO but I enjoy it in other games so I'd look forward to that. I'm also interested in learning to play my instrument in a band. Since I'm still a low level, I don't have many experiences with raids/fellowship quests, but I look forward to participating in those as well.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I'm not quite sure what this means so I'll answer it in two ways that I interpret it as:

What does LMB expect of me as a member?

I am expected to follow the rules(of course). I will not abuse the kin chest. I will use chat channels for their intended use and nothing else. I will not grief or make others have a bad time. I will not spam. Basically, I will follow all of the rules and roleplay/quest with my kin.

What do I expect from LMB as a member?

All I really expect from LMB is a good environment where I can relax and do some roleplaying. I also expect a good community that can help me with difficult quests, but of course not to "babysit" me all the time. I'm looking for a group that is active and that I will enjoy in both roleplaying and questing.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
My strongest contribution would probably be roleplaying. I enjoy acting and I think I could help contribute to other players having fun by participating in roleplaying events. Since I'm a minstrel, I can also help with healing during quests and playing music in ensembles as well.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I have read all the books (Hobbit, LOTR Trilogy, Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, Children of Hurin, and Fall of Gondolin) and have seen all 6 hobbit and LOTR movies (extended editions) multiple times. My favorite scenes in the movie are when the Ents storm Isengard and when Rohan arrives at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. Both of these moments made me truly appreciate the epicness of the Tolkien universe. I am disappointed that they took out Tom Bombadil and the Scouring of the Shire from the movies since both of those scenes really helped develop the lore more deeply. Last of all, every time I read/watch the Grey Havens seen, I cry. Being the end of the hobbits' journey, it's so emotional having to say goodbye to Frodo and really makes you appreciate the work that Tolkien put into his novels.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I play a lot on weekends and a few hours after school on weekdays. I try to get on as much as I can (about 15-20 or so hours a week) and really am looking forward to hearing what you guys think of my application. Thanks!

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Zestes16 - by Byrcha

Your application has been approved for interview. Please contact an LMB Officer in-game via IM or by posting in the /alesandtales channel to arrange a conversation.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Welcome to LMB Gedrel!

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Promoting Gedrel to member

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Gedrel's/ Hatbeorn's application from 2018.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum