Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luventhariel

re: App: Luventhariel

The application submitted by Luventhariel is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Luventhariel
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 43
Race : Elf
Class : Champion

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
While my main is on Crickhollow, and Crick will always be my Home, I enjoy playing on Landy for the musical events held here. I come to listen to many players who have bands in both servers, and to play here as well (let's face it, your crowds are bigger!). I have been "visiting" Landy for years now, and now that I'm here more often, I find myself missing the background chatter in kinchat. I would also like to get more involved in the Landroval music scene, other than just popping in and playing here and there.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
MMOs: Started with a very basic game, FallenSword, where I lead the 5th largest guild (The Army of Darkness), a tad of WOW (was not wowed), some SWtor and STO, DDO, and then Lotro 4 1/2 years ago. Been here ever since, and won't need another MMO until this one fades away.

RPing: Still have my first "Blue" box set for D&D, played up to 3.5, and went online. In the late 90's, right after The Crow came out, I helped run a Live-Action Vampire, The Masquerade, in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin (former home of TSR), based out of the Game Guild shop run by Margarette Weiss. It don't get much RPer than that... =)
Here in game, I'm more of a light RPer. I'll say that, I am RPing 95% of the time when I'm on, but never any kind of structured or pre-written RP. Haven't tried that yet.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
Central (Chicago)

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Luven is old. Not Elrond old, or Galadriel old. But thinks of Legolas as an elf-child old. She was younger than he is, at the time of her first battle. Helping run arrows to more experienced archers during the Last Alliance of Elves and Men, far from the main battles. She returned to Mirkwood afterwords and fell into a centuries-long depression. She did...nothing.
After the Battle of Five Armies, of which she was only a reservist, her life was changed by a simple wink from Gandolf, and a wave from a hobbit they called Baggins, as they passed by while talking to her King. Her thoughts often returned to those few seconds of time, but still, she did...nothing.
Years passed again, and she decided to leave Mirkwood. She wanted to know more about the ones they called Mithrandir and Baggins. So, she went to Elrond, in Rivendell, and stayed with him for years, until he told her that he had a vision, and that she should go with his sons to Ered Luin.
On her way back, while travelling through Bree, she met more hobbits, and heard music that wasn't a funeral dirge. And her life was changed again. She decided to stay...

Hobbits make Luven happy. Music makes Luven happy. Dancing makes Luven happy. Killing orcs makes Luven happy.
Killing orcs while dancing and listening to hobbits play music...Weeeeee!!!

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
Started with Last Alliance of Elves and Men, which was slowly fading, became an officer, but couldn't help but feel lonely. Left and joined Second Breakfast, and Lotro became a whole new and wonderful game. I've been an Events Officer for SB for just under 2 years now, helping host events such as Shirefest and Under A Fool Moon.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
No one in particular, but I know many of you, and hope that many of you remember me. :)

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
Yes, quite a few, many, lots. Heehee! I'll be playing with Kenghis in Mardi Gras Party in Weatherstock this year, my first time playing, but 3rd time audiencing.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
The story is spectacular, so Epic questing is my favorite. After that, it's the community, I love socializing, and playing with everyone, the music scene here is amazing. I also enjoy light RPing, and the occasional raid, and RPing during a raid...and Cosmetics! Lots of Cosmetics!

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I'm hoping that this will allow me the opportunity to be able to be more social with a lot of my friends that I have already met in LMB, and to meet new friends! But it will also be a better line of communication than the official forums for knowing who (a band) is playing where and when. I miss a lot of good shows because the word doesn't get to Crickhollow fast enough sometimes. (I blame slow Quick Post hobbits).

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
My grandmother once told me when I was little-little that both smiles and frowns are highly contagious.
I have a whole backpack full of smiles. :)
and hugs, and cheers, and claps, and other happy-contagious things.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I read The Hobbit for a book report my 2nd year in High School, and was hooked, reading LOTR and the Silmaril in my junior year. I've read the Hobbit and LOTR fairly regularly since then. When the movies came out...I have movie stuff all over my house (posters, sword replicas, etc). We don't talk about the Hobbit movies, in the same way we don't talk about HighlanderII or Deadpool in X3.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
Crickhollow will always be my main server. Second Breakfast will always be my main Kinship. As an Events Officer in SB, I have many obligations. So, I will always be there on Fridays for Bread & Jams, usually am there for Elevenses Mondays, and will always be there for any SB events. During big events like Shirefest/Winterfest I probably won't be here for weeks.
But otherwise, I am usually here at least once a week. In Crick I have a 6piece band (Alt Rock Band) which plays mostly 90's alternative, but a little of everything, just about every Bread & Jams. Here on Landy I have 3 hobbits in a band called Too Cute, who only play Bubblegum music. And Luventhariel has stayed a Sword and Lute for Hire or a Good Cause.

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   :)

Luventhariel

re: APPROVED - App: Luventhariel - by Tulenn

sorry about the spam, it said it didn't go through, so I resent it, and again, and again. Then I checked. Oops. :)

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

Nibun
Officer

Awarded:

Luventhariel wrote:
sorry about the spam, it said it didn't go through, so I resent it, and again, and again. Then I checked. Oops. :)

Oh, it's fine it happens! envy Thank you Luventhariel for sending it!

"Hvat er þat Khazâd er í mínum sal verpumk orði á? Fundthradiru uzbadul Gwyneth-dûm!" 

Characters: Nibun, Baudhaegas, Albodr

Masonis
Musical Wizard Officer

It's good to see her applying here. My Crickhollow alter-ego is in SB and she was a huge part of making the Shirefest happen there.
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Greetings Luventhariel,
Your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for an LMB officer to complete your interview. Nice to have another from our sister kinship Second Breakfast joining us.

Luventhariel

Awesome! Looking forward to hanging out with and being a part of the LMB!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum