Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durakili

re: App: Durakili

The application submitted by Durakili is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Durakili
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 107
Race : Dwarf
Class : Champion

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
FREE BEER!
Oh, wait, thats something else..
I want to have fun! To join with a bunch of fun people and just enjoy the game again. You all seem to have a lot of fun with the game, and I'd like to join the party

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
Well- LoTRO since Closed beta, Age of Conan for a bit (LOVED Herald of Xotli play), SWTOR for 3 years or so. I've been a Goonswarm linegrunt in EVE for a couple years. I keep coming back to LoTRO for the story and the people

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
EST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Durakili is a poor orphan dwarf who was fostered in the Shire. While the hobbits were somewhat kind, the repeated insults (Foot-Face and the like) got on his nerves- even if the parties were great. Upon maturing, he went back into the Dwarven lands- but found traditional dwarf occupations of mining and building were incredibly boring. Durakili then decided the life of a champion was for him- as he thought that he'd get discounts on ale.
Despite the disillusionment of having to pay full price, and take out more trash than he expected, he is still helpful to the Free Peoples of Middle Earth

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
I've been in several kinships on Silverlode, and my last active kin was Freedom Fighters on Arkenstone

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
Carysta- we've been kinmates off and on for the last 10 years

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
No- I haven't had the time. Unfortunately I have a little 9 week old girl that makes getting to any event somewhat difficult

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Playing tourist, really. Running about seeing everything.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
TO TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! - Wait, wrong meme ;)

I expect to have fun!! Just to have a good group of people handy to help make the game fun.
Of all the MMOs I've done- LoTRO is the only one where a good community helps make it worth logging in every night.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
Well- I like helping people through the game- always have. Plus, helping people enjoy the game as much as I do..
Possibly free beer at festivals as well...

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I've read the usual ones: The Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and the Silmarillion. I prefer the Silmarillion really- it reads more grandiose that the others.
I've watched the Lord of the Rings movies (The director's cut ones are just SO MUCH Better)- I've watched the Hobbit trilogy (I'm not really impressed)

Personally- the most meaningful and touching scene is right after the Trees were drained, and the Valar asked Feanor for the silmarils to restore them. I felt so strongly for him: everyone pressuring him to give up his epic achievement that he probably never could duplicate.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I like long walks under moonlight in Angmar, chopping down the undead and having a great time.

Carysta

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Durakili - by Aedon Durreah

I can attest to the fact that Dura has been my friend through many dangers over the last many years of LOTRO :) Even when I steal his ore nodes. So good to see you again Dura!

Is it festival time yet?
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Congratulations, your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel Alesandtales and ask for a friendly LMB officer to complete interview.

Durakili

Thanks!!!

And thanks for having me!!!
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Interviewed and invited. Welcome to the Kin Durakili.

Nibun
Officer

Awarded:

re: re: APPROVED - App: Durakili - by Aedon Durreah

Durakili wrote:
Thanks!!!

And thanks for having me!!!

You're welcome, brother! Looking forward to exploring Middle-earth together *toasts*! cool

"Hvat er þat Khazâd er í mínum sal verpumk orði á? Fundthradiru uzbadul Gwyneth-dûm!" 

Characters: Nibun, Baudhaegas, Albodr

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum