Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales (ATX) 1/22 @ Forlaw, Wildermore, Fishing Ho

Ales & Tales!
Hail, friends! Join us for Ales & Tales Extreme this Monday evening at the fishing hole at Forlaw in Wildermore!

Nibbles & Nobs starts at 8:30pm with open-stage, followed by the main show at 9:30pm (EDT, /servertime).

Help Out Backstage:
If you would like to help out with any backstage tasks, please sign up at: http://tinyurl.com/atstagecrew
Newcomers welcome! No experience necessary...we will train! We do appreciate any help you can give!

Play with Old Winyards:
Old Winyards always has room for folks to join the house band!
If you would like to play with us, be sure to have the latest LMBPlaylist 5.30 music file downloaded/updated. Latest release January 2nd, 2017:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/file3.guildlaunch.net/128176/LMBPlaylist-5.30.zip

You may sign up for playing with the band this week at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit#gid=1589490101 on the right-hand side of the sheet. Or, just reply to this post.

If you are new, please indicate which instruments you play at the bottom of the sheet (and do bring them all with you).
Please be ready to rock by 9:00pm /servertime. Please wear burgundy...the color of wine!

Using Songbook to Sync music:
If you'd like to learn how to sync music with a band, Eilye has written a very informative guide explaining how to use the Songbook Plugin!
http://lonelymountainband.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10492542

Share a song or tale!
We always need folks to entertain!
If you have a song or tale to share, please come along and sign up to share it in the main show, or participate in Nibbles & Nobs' open-mic!

We do hope you can join us!

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Harnuth

Lower-level folks might be wondering how to get to Forlaw. If that's you, hearken to the tale of how Gibaldor and Guinimeara came to be in Forlaw. (Never mind that Forlaw might well be their birthplace; they are from Rohan, after all. This tale is about the mechanics of the game.)

The Conundrum: Gib and Guin are level 16 minstrels who, much to their dismay, got roped into playing bass and drums for a couple of unlikely folks named Harnuth and Crystalleowyn in a band named after an inn, the Hearth and Table, that exists only in an obscure corner of a far-distant land. They wanted to go to Ales and Tales, but didn't have a way to get there!

Fighting their way to Forlaw was out of the question. The entire world is at war. Enemies abound and dangerous wild animals are running unchecked throughout the land. Even worse, they don't even have decent level 16 gear; they leveled up rapidly by raising crops at the farmland inside the safe confines of the city of Bree and never had an opportunity to gather any goodies at their apparent level. (They are, however, quite accomplished farmers! If only you could farm your way back to Rohan! Which is what they really wanted to do in life and would be doing, had not this bally war intervened.) A ravening warg pays little heed Gib when he explains, "I'm a lover, not a fighter!"

At level 16, Gib and Guin cannot answer a Captain's summons. Their homeland has become a major war zone! Forlaw is in a level 70 area and a Captain can only summon folks who are no more than 20 levels below the destination. They of course had no swift-travel options; they had never been beyond Bree and were too low level to take the express horse from South Bree.

It seemed all was lost and we feared we could not have our bass player and drummer at Ales and Tales tonight, but then, a mighty hero arose to provide the path to glory! That is, Aedon said that they could Swift Travel from the South Gate of Bree for one Mithril Coin.

With hope rekindled, Gib and Guin hurried to the South Gate. Sure enough, there was indeed an option to travel for just one Mithril Coin!

Now, the problem they faced was that neither of had a single Mithril Coin. In fact, no one in the band knew much about Mithril Coins or had ever had much use for them. Harnuth and Crystalleowyn both had a few of the things in their coin purses, but were unable to hand any of them to Gib and Guin.

A brief conversation with the Stable-master at the South Gate provided the solution. They could purchase Mithril Coins at the market for as little as 50 LOTRO Points for 5 Mithril Coins, and both of them had amassed a stack of LOTRO Points! (Translation: I looked it up on the web and learned that we could buy MC from the LOTRO Store.)

And so, both Gib and Guin were able to acquire a few Mithril Coins, and they were able to travel safely and swiftly to the Stable-master in Forlaw!

From the Stable-master, they went north to the fishing hole to rendezvous with Harnuth and Crystalleowyn, all safely within the walls of Forlaw, and so to prepare for the exciting events of Ales and Tales Extreme tonight!

"Alas for peaceful folk everywhere.  It is an enormous task to convince them that evil people with evil intentions will commit evil deeds." --Aragorn
Cheggra
Officer

re: Tonight's Ales & Tales

Alas, I am still feeling under the weather, so I think that I shall turn in early tonight. I hope y'all have a great time!

The way this thread title got truncated, I feel the need to tell Guildlaunch - NOT BBB.
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: Re: Tonight's Ales & Tales

Cheggra wrote:
Alas, I am still feeling under the weather, so I think that I shall turn in early tonight. I hope y'all have a great time!

Aww feel better soon.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: