Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rheniogil

re: App: The Sith Drummer

The application submitted by The Sith Drummer is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Usvir Flamewreath
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 20
Race : Dwarf
Class : Minstrel

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I've been getting more interested in the musical aspect of LOTRO, to the point that I've learned how to use Maestro and started making my own arrangements and writing lyrics, and I want to get involved with a group. LMB has provided a great deal of enjoyment for me and so many others that it feels like a natural choice.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
I've been RPing - face to face, occasional LARP and online - for over 30 years, including probably the longest continually running tabletop RPG ever (36 years and counting). Though I haven't yet done any RP here, I've been on LOTRO for five years; some of that on Arkenstone but the less said, the better. I did RP on SWTOR for a year or so, until 5.0 dropped and so did I.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
EST (New England)

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
I haven't fleshed out Usvir's background much, as I'm still undecided whether and how much I want to roleplay with him. I have established that his family came up to Erebor from Enedwaith when he was no more than 15 or 20, to answer Thorin's call for miners and craftsmen after the Battle of Five Armies. The move made him very unhappy, and he developed some odd and Elfish tendencies in his adolescent rebellion, including woodworking and facing his dwarvish fear of forests very much head on.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
The Sundered - a cranky old kinship of Old Turbine alumni.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
I suppose I was referred by all of you from seeing and hearing you.

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
The only regular, recurring event I've caught more than once is BBB, rollicking good time that I prefer not to miss. I also made it to the White Lady 10th Anniversary, in which y'all participated. And others I'm sure I don't remember. I've enjoyed them quite a bit, even though sometimes I don't recognize the pop source material of your filks. (Awful old fart here!)

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
I'm an absolute story junkie. I do like group instances but I'm not hardcore about it.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
My expectations are fairly loosely drawn. I want to have interesting people to hang out and sometimes do things with in game. I want to play music now and then with a group of fun people, who are excited but flexible rather than religious about it. I want to get feedback on some of the filk I've been writing from people who will neither pull punches nor be vicious about it. That pretty much covers the bases I suppose.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
Hm, I don't know - I'm a find a space and fill it type. As I said, I write and I'm learning to arrange with Maestro, but you have lots of people who do that. I'm leveling a dual role character, so I can fill slots in fellowships in the right leveling range. I can remember my way around Moria, which is apparently a feat. (But at the same time, I'm prone to completely losing the next word in my sentence sometimes. Oddly this only happens in speech, not writing. Brains are weird.)

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I've read The Hobbit and LOTR; I tried to get through the Silmarillion but I dove into it too young and didn't have the patience. I've been meaning to have another go. I saw the LOTR films and despite being saddened by some of the cuts and changes, I thought they were brilliant. I fought back tears at the Saxon poetry of Theoden King and the charge of the Rohirrim, and eyerolled a lot at PJ's making Gimli more comic relief than anything. (John Rhys Davies! You're doing that to John. Rhys. Davies!)

Can any of us be as enthusiastic about the Hobbit films? Oy. My most enduring memory is facepalming until my forehead hurt at that daft molten gold sequence. And the Legolas barrel thing that Didn't Happen. I don't care, it Didn't Happen. And...basta. But the last time I read The Hobbit was when I was pretty young, and I just soaked it all in with an equally ravenous pleasure. I've really got to revisit the text.

Misc:

I don't give 'em hell. I tell 'em the truth and they think it's hell. - Harry S Truman
Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: The Sith Drummer - by Lauralda

Greetings, Usvir! Your application has been accepted. The next step is to find an officer in game for a recruit interview. The easiest way would be to /joinchannel alesandtales and ask if a LMB officer is available.

On a personal note, enjoyed reading your app :) My views the movies are similar. The Silmarillion is my fav book for lore. Looking forward to enjoying Middle-earth with you!
Rheniogil

Wouldn't have anything to do with my being a BBB fan, now would it? surprised twisted
Corulin
Corumael
Pretty Officer

Awarded:

Interviewed and invited! Welcome to the LMB, Usvir! =D

Usvir Flamewreath wrote:
Wouldn't have anything to do with my being a BBB fan, now would it? surprised twisted

Probably envy

Awarded:

BBB fan? Where?

Rheniogil

looks around blankly

I dunno, Man. I didn't do it.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum