Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

re: Suggest a location for Ales and Tales!

These locations look wonderful, Veri! I think many of them have not been used since I've been an Ales & Tales regular so I think it would be great to add these to our list of places!

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

I've added several to our schedule over the next few months, with some of the Thorin's Gate locations leading up to Winterstock.

Also, we'll want to start warning folks that we'll be visiting The Rift on Oct. 23rd and Mordor on Oct. 30th.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Avanc wants to hold one at his House - 6 Bay Road Ristal
Avanc gave up his day in December for the Lonely Mountain Pie Company so would like to see him scheduled first.

Also

Valkris found another Hall she would like to host in.

5 Waterbank Road, Rildir, Falathlorn

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Hmm, we now have back-to-back visits to Belfalas housing, both islands, in early December, which seems a bit repetitive (and now we want to add a third trip to Belfalas). Is the Pie Company visit a Yule-themed party? If not could we swap it, perhaps with the Duillond visit on Nov 13th? Otherwise, our next openings aren't until February.

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Either sounds good Byrcha. Could switch it out or we could put it off until in February sometime. You are right about 2 visits to Belfalas so close together.

Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

I have a suggestion...... How about if we put the Pie Company on 11/13.... since November is sort of a pie type month lol.... and suppose we put Duillond in February and then made 12/4 a more snowy location like maybe Edhelion or something... I remember having an A & T up there one December a long time ago.... I think the snowy areas during Yule are kind of nice.... just a thought :)

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Anything works for me, I did remove Pie Company from December and marked that date as free. I know we will be doing Winterhome as well, but we could do a Winterstock Preview in Thorins Gate?

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

We do have sites on the road to Winterstock the two weeks prior in January: Thrassi's Lodge and Vale of Thrain / Arming Cave. Pie Company in Nov. and Edhelion in Dec. sounds good!

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Make it so Captain!

Burdie
Daffodilia

re: Ales & Tales location

Hullo folks. I was out of game for a while due to RL stuff, but am back and trying to get in the swing of things again. I am trying to update the Happenings list on the LOTRO forum, and when I tried to wiki next Monday's location, it came up with nothing. So I'm guessing it's either something new (which doesn't seem right as that would likely be an ATX), or a player's home.

Can I please get an address or further description to add to the Happening listing? Any help would be much appreciated.

GDPR#3463094

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

It is actually in the Wolfhaven neighborhood in Breeland too.

Burdie
Daffodilia

Thank you for the clarifications. Much appreciated.

I was trying to find out when then next Ales & Tales was located and noticed that there's nothing scheduled after the next few weeks. So here are some more suggestions, veering more to the south. Yes, some of them have been visited before, but not for some time now.

Echad Candelleth - The Trollshaws - Near Stable

The lower level is quite roomy and fairly scenic, if a bit "quest-hubby", but we wouldn't be obstructing anyone. There's a smaller upper area if you feel guilty.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Gwingris - Eregion - Near Stable

Very roomy, with your choice of crumbling ruins to dance around in. Another quest hub, but there's plenty of room so as not to bother people.

Forum Image

Redhorn Snowfall - Eregion - Not Near Stable

It's a long, dangerous climb up a snowy mountain. When you get to the frozen corpse, you know you're there. If we're lucky, there'll be a massive blizzard, complete with lightning storm!

Pros: I think it would interesting to have a party under such crazy conditions
Cons: I'm probably alone in thinking that.

But hey... it might not be a thunderous blizzard!

Forum Image

Minas Elendúr - Eregion - Not Near Stable

Lower down the Redhorn Pass is the entrance to Minas Elendúr, with a sizable courtyard in front of it. It's the top bit, in this image:

Forum Image

Minas Elendúr - Eregion - Near(ish) Stable

In south Eregion, just off Mirobel, is another ruined building with a fairly attractive courtyard. Cuz it's Eregion... and that's what they have there.

Forum Image

Maur Tulhau - Enedwaith - Near Stable

It's a hobbit village! But it's like... they're Welsh or something. Does anyone else think that? I really get the feeling that these are supposed to be like "distant cousins from that faraway place" so they're all Welsh-ish. Anyway, it's a hobbit village with even goofier hobbits. C'mon!

Forum Image

Also, nearby is The Fishing Hole. After-party location? You get an achievement just for finding the place!

Forum Image

Harndirion - Enedwaith - Not Near Stable

It's a skirmish camp, but it's big and roomy and has giant statues that look cool. No one's going to complain that you're playing near a skirmish camp, because... it's skirmish camp. If anyone wanted something from it, they'll just go to the one in South Bree like a normal person.

Forum Image

Pool of the King - Enedwaith - Near Stable

Just behind Lhanuch, past the occasional baddie. It's not especially flat, but it makes up for that by having a giant stone head.

Forum Image

Zudrugund - Enedwaith - Not Near Stable

Oh, it's a trek. You get an achievement just for making it there. An ancient Dwarven library. The dwarf that runs it is crazy and probably won't mind the noise.

Forum Image

Last edited by Veriwin on 2018/02/05 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Grand suggestions, Veri! Echad Candelleth is low enough level for a regular A&T, the others are ATXers. I've added Redhorn Snowfall in late Feb. ("if you pass the corpse, you've gone too far"). The Enedwaith Hobbit village is a great one for springtime.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: