Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edarise

re: App: Edarise

The application submitted by Edarise is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Bjearn
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 60
Race : Dwarf
Class : Guardian

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
My name is Bjearn and I am a Dwarven Guardian who has been absent in the wars for the past 8 years. After being gone for so long I moved back west seeking a short respite and to explore the old lands to see how they have changed in my absence. While passing through Bree one day I saw a member of the Lonely Mountain Band and I was shocked, surprised, and overfilled with joy! My old friends and adopted family were still intact, and had grown while I was gone! Needless to say I made it my mission to make contact and attempt to rejoin the ole family. I look forward to reconnecting with old friends and comrades, and making new ones!

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
I have played several MMOs since 2006. Everything from WOW, Lotro, and ESO, to KOTOR,EVE, and even ones such as Wartune. I haven't played consistently though since Dec 2009 when I joined the Army. Now that I am out I have been getting back into the games. As for RP, I have some experience, but not a lot. I don't focus on it, but like to play along here and there. I enjoy going on adventures, participating in battles, and enjoying a good drink and smoke with friends around the fire now and again.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
Eastern Standard

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
I have several characters. First and foremost is Bjearn. He is an old, grizzled Dwarven Guardian who has participated in many a fight throughout lands west of the Misty Mountains, and parts of Moria. He began to explore the eaves of Lothlorien when the elves began to open their borders, but then mysteriously disappeared and wasn't heard of again until recently. He is now adjusting to the changes that have occurred in Middle Earth in his absence. There also was a small, unobtrusive Hobbit Burglar named Edarise. While not wet behind the ears, he was fairly new to the lands outside of the shire. He had a reputation as a supplier of excellent farmed goods, to include rare strains (in his day) of pipeweed. He disappeared around the same time as his friend Bjearn somewhere around Ost Guruth in the Lonelands. Finally we have Beohof. This Beorning was met by Bjearn as he traveled west after participating in the wars. As he learned of Bjearn's adventures and travels he desired to see these lands for himself. He traveled with Bjearn to the Halls of Thorin where he then began his exploration of the lands he heard from Bjearn. Beohof is always up for adventure, whether it be digging through a cave somewhere, or participating in one of the great battles that rage across the lands. If you ever need a friend at your side he will be there.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
I only ever was in LMB

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
I was in the kin shortly after the founding

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
My last LMB event was way back in the day as we first organized our band to play. I attended several practice sessions held outside the kinship house and would enjoy the music and fellowship of my friends. As for future events: If I can attend I will. I currently am working a nightshift at my job so most times I will be on will be late in the evening or at night.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Epic Battles, Skirmishes, generally playing with friends

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I simply wish to reconnect with old friends and make new ones. I loved playing with everyone back in the day, and I would love to get to know all the current members. I have always loved the game, and now that I have time I plan to play regularly. Having friends to play it with makes the experience all that much better.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
If you need in game cash I have always done an excellent job at making money on the auction house. If people need help or resources I have always tried to help them out. Back in the day I was one of 2 or 3 guardians so I acted as the main tank for several instances and kin events. If you need someone to help I will be there. If you just want to chat let me know!

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I grew up watching the old cartoon movie of The Hobbit before I even knew what it was all about. Several years later when the Fellowship of the Ring came out my parents bought a complete set of the 3 books and the Hobbit. I instantly recognized The Hobbit within the first few sentences because of the movie and all my memories as a young child. I fell in love with the stories, and that just grew as I read more and more. I sadly have never finished any of the other books, mainly because my collection was lost soon after I joined the military. I can honestly say I have always loved the songs and pretty much everything about the original Hobbit movie. My favorite of the other movies is The Fellowship of the Ring. It is simply too difficult to pick one scene in the films because I love the Shire, the devotion the hobbits displayed for each other, and the lengths they all went to for each other. I really cried at the end when Boromir died as he attempted to protect the hobbits.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I am returning to the game since my absence way back in late 2009. I have a lot of catching up on to do with the game, and I plan to take the time to explore everything. I look forward to getting to know everyone, and if you want to know anything about me simply let me know!

Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Edarise - by Lauralda

Good to have you back Bjearn! If you wish to share some stories of the times past, I for one would be most interested =D
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum