Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FSchuttee

re: App: FSchuttee

The application submitted by FSchuttee is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Stenori
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 17
Race : Dwarf
Class : Champion

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
A friend of mine is already in this kinship and got me interested in joining...plus he talked into trying LOTR Online. I also play Standing Stone's other MMO -- Stormreach -- which I have been playing for about 8 years now with VIP status. Most of my characters in that game are in guilds which seem to be similar to the Kinships in LOTR. I am still learning this game, but am enjoying it and may go VIP to some degree as funds allow.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
As I mentioned above, I have been playing the Stormreach MMORPG (D&D) as a VIP since December of 2009. I am also currently playing Perfect World's Neverwinter (D&D also)for a little over a year now, occasionally VIP as funds permit. As for role=playing games, I have been actively playing them (table-top versions) since 1977,usually as a gamemaster. So, lot of experience with roleplaying and about an intermediate level of using computers.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
EST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Stenori is a dwarven champion, currently at 17th level. He is also achieving higher levels of mastery as an armsman...getting into the journeyman level with prospecting and weaponsmithing. He hails from the Grey Mountains and is acquiring much favor with his fellow dwarves and the Men of Bree. He loves to fight the forces of the Shadow, drink, and acquire wealth. He does tend to be more tolerant of elves than most dwarves, but has an abiding hatred of goblins, orcs, and the traitorous Dourhand dwarves.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
None.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
Yes, Avangrod.

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I have been to couple of LMB parties recently. Aside from the music and dancing, I am still not sure what's going on otherwise. I figure with Avangrod's help and attending more functions should get me into the swing of things.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Questing and improving as a Champion.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I am hoping to gain more insight into this game as it is quite different in "flavor" compared to the D&D MMO's I play. I also like to meet new people and have fun. I will say this MMO is not so "hack & slash" as the D&D games. I think this game attracts more mature players because of this and so I hope to not run into "trollish" players like the D&D ones.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
Lot of experience with roleplaying games and similar MMO's. I also believe I am fairly easy to get along with and like to meet new people.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
It's been years, but I have read The Hobbit, the LOTR trilogy, and the Silmirillon (I hope I spelled that right). I have also seen the movies multiple times, both at the theater and on TV. I also have the DVD's for all the movies...the extended versions for LOTR and the regular versions for The Hobbit. I am not a purist as some people are and I really enjoyed all six films. I loved the battle scenes and the more humorous segments of the films. I still don't recall the Stone Giants' scene from the first Hobbit film being in the novel though.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
Finally, I do have all the books that came out for LOTR tabletop roleplaying game Decipher put out about 15 years ago, and am thinking of getting a more current version that is coming out now. I also still have the War of the Ring boardgame plus expansions that came out around 1977 or so too. I think I also have the DVD's/VHS(?) versions of the HObbit and LOTR that cam out around then too.

Aldekim
Officer

re: APPROVED - App: FSchuttee - by Aldekim

congratulations, your application has been approved. Please seek out an officer in game for your recruit interview. You may wish to
/joinchannel alesandtales to assist you in finding an officer in game for your interview.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Avangrod

Welcome Frank! (err Stenori!!)

I have known Frank for over 5 years, possibly closer to 10... have played in many of his pen and paper roleplaying games at his house and different venues ... he is a hard core roleplayer and gamer! (and a really nice guy) He even owned his own gamestore at one point.

Glad to see you here.

Avangrod

Just got a phonecall from Stenori, his computer has a bad virus, so he is going to be out of action for a while. Hopefully he can access the forums from another source to post here.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum