Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harnuth

re: App: Harnuth

The application submitted by Harnuth is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Harnuth
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 28
Race : Race of Man
Class : Champion

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I like the charter.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
I don't enjoy PVP games; am a gamesmaster in a D&D-type adventure. Been playing that stuff for about 40 years.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
CST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Harnuth is the son of a horse rancher in Rohan. Having heard rumors of the war, he has ventured off to find his role in it.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
Gladden server, United Ones guild, Harnuth. Joined just a couple of weeks ago.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
No

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
Went to Winterstock. Really enjoyed it.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
I'm a tourist, more than anything. I'm in no hurry to level up though I'd like to get to higher levels to experience more neat stuff.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
Keep up with the event schedule. Folks to talk to. Folks who understand my enthusiasm for Tolkien's work.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
Don't know.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I've been reading Tolkien since before you were born. Of course I've seen the movies. Other than noting that Peter Jackson's Hobbit and Lord of the Rings films justify the existence of the entire movie industry, there's not much to say! :)

Misc:

"Alas for peaceful folk everywhere.  It is an enormous task to convince them that evil people with evil intentions will commit evil deeds." --Aragorn
Harnuth

re: App: Harnuth

"Alas for peaceful folk everywhere.  It is an enormous task to convince them that evil people with evil intentions will commit evil deeds." --Aragorn
Harnuth

re: APPROVED - App: Harnuth - by Aedon Durreah

I discovered that I did save the wordy bits from my original application on January 14, 2017. So, for your amusement, here is what I said:

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:

I read the LMB charter; it sounds like exactly the sort of charter I would have written if I were creating a kinship on LOTRO. My girlfriend, Crystalleowyn, and I cloned our characters from Gladden just to attend Winterstock IV. After getting some experience on Landroval, we decided to actively play on the server. So we need a kinship, and LMB was the logical first place to look.

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have:

I started playing D&D in the 1970's, mostly as the gamesmaster. I've tried several online MMO games but really do not enjoy PVP games at all and Pay2Win games even less. I am the Gamesmaster today on a private grid where people enage in Medieval roleplay; mostly that's providing judgment calls on technical points.

And, for what it's worth: I am a professional science fiction writer in real life, a member of the Science Fiction Writers of America, and among other crimes against normalcy, I am the founder of Norwescon, a big science fiction and fantasy convention held in Seattle each year.

Tell us about your character:

During his early childhood in a village in Rohan, Harnuth expected that he would grow up to be a farmer or a rancher. Those expectations were shattered, however, by the burning of the Westfold and wild rumors about the illness of King Theoden. War was coming. He knew he would have a role to play, but he didn't know what. He wasn't part of Eomer's troop and Meduseld didn't seem interested in doing anything, so he decided to venture out to learn more of the impending conflict to found out where he fit it. Perhaps people in the more cosmopolitan lands west of the Lonely Mountains could explain what was going on. There were rumors of elves and wizards in those lands.

He went to take his tearful leave of this lifetime girlfriend, Crystalleowyn. To his delight, instead of saying goodbye, she wanted to accompany him on his quest of self-fulfillment.

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):

We originally created our characters on Landroval so that we could attend Winterstock IV. Lovin' it! We were just looking at all the other things on the calendar when we decided to apply for membership in the kinship.

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :

Mostly a social environment, a place to ask questions about LOTRO, a place to discuss the works of J R R Tolkien where folks know who the Inklings were, hearing about upcoming social events. There are probably a lot of game mechanics about kinships that I haven't learned about yet. I've been on LOTRO for 3 years, I think, but my highest character is level 32. (It suddenly became more interesting when Crystal created her character and we could go exploring together.)

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :

I don't know. On Second Life, I'm a builder, scripter, texture artist, animator, merchant, mentor, teacher, and landlord; but in LOTRO, even after 3 years or so, I'm mostly an ignorant noob. I'd be happy to help with just about anything that's within my meager abilities.

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :

I first read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings in 1968, my Freshman year in college. I don't know how many times I've reread the books since then. The movies, or perhaps one epic 21-hour-long movie in multiple episodes, justify the existence of the entire film industry. My favorite parts of both are scenes that reveal the life of people in the cities, especially those of Men and Hobbits. I'd be very happy with another 20 hours or even more with just scenes of life in Hobbiton, Bree, Edoras, Dale, Laketown, Erebor, and Minas Tirith. No big conflict needed; I'll watch the mushroom pie baking contest and love it!

Misc:

Love the slogan, "Far apart but never alone." It really hits home.

(Note to me: This is in file '\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\The Lonely Mountain Band\LMB Kinship App Harnuth 20160114.txt.)
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Harnuth - by Aedon Durreah

Hi there, your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for an LMB officer to complete your interview.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum