Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

re: Star Wars: The Old Republic -- Satele Shan Server

Having way too much fun with this game. I made the mistake of buying my fortress last night... just before I intended to log off and go to bed. An hour later, I was still decorating. haha I only had a few items that I had picked up, so figured it wouldn't take too long to place them. Then I got all the free stuff that comes with... and had to figure out how to use the decorating interface. It was fun. Made myself disconnect and still had a time going to sleep. eye roll

I need a sleepy head emote as I head off to work. Everyone have a terrific day!! :)

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Which stronghold did you get? I would love to see pictures of everyone's decorations!

Just as an FYI, the Dromund Kaas and Coruscant strongholds cost 4 credits (four!) during each year's Anniversary in December.
You also get free decorations on the day of the anniversary (and a lesser selection for a few days after the anniversary).

Another tip for new and existing players -- If you receive(d) stronghold decorations for achievements, you will probably get between 5 and 50 copies of the item to unlock. You can increase that number to 999 for FREE. Look at your achievements and click on that item in the list of rewards to claim additional unlocks. Sure, you'll never decorate with 999 of the same item, but you will still get +2 Prestige with every unlock!

Awarded:

Highlights of today's patch:

Chapter XIV: Mandalore’s Revenge! Join forces with Shae Vizla and a fearsome Mandalorian army in a heated battle to unlock the secrets of the Eternal Fleet. Players subscribed on June 1st have immediate access to this new Chapter, and it will be available for all other Subscribers on June 3rd.

New Alliance Alert: The Last of His Kind! Talz mercenary Broonmark has been hunting a Wookiee diplomat on Alderaan. Will you sway him to join your Alliance or put an end to his murderous ways for good?

Bounty Contract Week Returns! Hunt wanted criminals in this returning event. The event begins June 14th at 04:00 PST/12:00 GMT and ends June 21st at 04:00 PST/12:00 GMT.

General

Fixed a bug that caused players to be unable to remove Modifications from equipment.

The weapons awarded at the end of Chapter XII now have Weapon Tuning slots.

Fixed an issue where Smugglers and Bounty Hunters were not getting credit for completing Act 3 if certain conversation choices were made during the final Missions.

New Legacy Perk: Legacy Cargo Hold! Unlocks a Legacy cargo hold on your personal ship.

New Legacy Perk: Item Modification Station! Unlocks an Item Modification Station on your personal ship.

Legacy Cargo Hold: An additional storage tab may now be purchased for the Legacy Cargo Hold.

Numerous Item Modification Stations have been added to both the Imperial and Republic Fleets.

A Quick Travel point has been added to the Cartel Bazaar on both the Imperial and Republic Fleets.

Cartel Market

Companion Customizations for Companions obtained via Cartel Packs can now be purchased from the new vendor Tsorkeg in the Cartel Bazaar on both the Imperial and Republic Fleets.

The Appearance Options: Human Hairstyles 1 bundle now unlocks Hairstyle options for Cyborg, Chiss, Mirialan, Sith and Miraluka species in addition to Humans. Additionally, these hairstyles that were previously only available to humans to purchase at Appearance Modification stations may now be purchased by Cyborg, Chiss, Mirialan, Sith and Miraluka species.

The Appearance Options: Human Hair Colors 1 bundle now unlocks Hair Color options for Cyborgs in addition to Humans.

New Togruta customization options have been added! These are available to all players via Character Select or Appearance Modification Stations.

More information at: http://dulfy.net/2016/05/31/swtor-game-update-4-5-patch-notes/

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Which stronghold did you get? I would love to see pictures of everyone's decorations!

Hmmmm.... did not know I had a choice. I got the only one I saw available to me, the Coruscant apartment. So far, my decorations are nothing to brag about... just basic stuff that came with the apartment and follow up stuff in mails.

I did use my little barrel to create a table to go with the little chairs I got. How do you get more barrels to craft things?

:)

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

You can buy strongholds on these planets (from smallest to largest) --
Dromund Kaas (Empire), Coruscant (Republic), Nar Shaddaa sky palace, Tatooine farmstead, Yavin 4 ruined temple.

You can get furniture from the following --
* Felucia, the housing furniture vendor (find her in both guild strongholds).
* Drops from Heroic bosses (for pre-KotFE toons only) and Hard/Nightmare mode Flashpoints.
* Traded from any of the Fabricator Droids by using Prefabs (find all 3 Droid types in the guild strongholds or on Fleet).
* Unlocked by completing Achievements.
* Purchased with space mission, space battle, and PVP commendations.
* Purchased from the Light and Dark side vendors, once you have a character at Light 5 and/or Dark 5.
* Faction reputation vendors, many of which are located around Fleet.
* From Packs that you buy in the Cartel Market or items from Packs in the GTN.
* Holidays through quests.
* Every SWTOR anniversary through a special vendor that appears on Fleet.
* Purchased directly from the Cartel Market, individually or in sets.

TIPS --
* Crafting skills can make various types of Prefabs (Industrial, Synthetic, or Universal).
* Every Flashpoint you complete for the first time, in any particular mode, will unlock a Trophy decoration.
* Every pet, mount, and companion that you unlock automatically becomes a stronghold decoration.
* Every foe you defeat for the first time in the Eternal Championship unlocks a Trophy decoration.
* Reputation vendors are always available on various planets (for planet-based factions) and on Fleet in the lower level Bazaar (for event-related factions). You don't have to spend all your credits/tokens during the event.

You will find all 3 Fabricator Droids that accept Prefabs in the guild strongholds and my personal strongholds.
Coruscant guild SH -- computer room, across from the entry room with the elevator.
Nar Shaddaa guild SH -- black market, second door on the left as you enter the upstairs lobby.
Tatooine SH -- One by the Jawa vendors, the other two inside the utility tunnel.
Yavin 4 SH -- On the balcony past the Rakata transportation device, first doorway on your right in the main temple.

Here's a guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/07/27/swtor-galactic-stronghold-decorations-list/

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2016/06/01 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

Interesting to know that there are LMB active folks there. I already belong to a guild there with other folks from Landroval, but they are not at all active. I am very active on another server and do not wish to abandon my friends there though. I could come play on a casual basis though.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Here's a tip on playing low level characters --

On each planet, there are a number of hidden Datacrons lying around.
They're easy to find on the starting planets but become more challenging to locate.
You only need to visit each datacron once, with a single character.
Each datacron unlocks a permanent attribute bonus for your entire Legacy.

Here's a guide to finding them: http://www.swtor-spy.com/datacrons/

They can be easier and more fun to locate as a group.
You'll need patience, a little jumping skill, and a good sense of humor. :)
The various pushing and pulling skills are also quite handy.

Enjoy!

Awarded:

SWTOR Live Stream News -

* In the last 6 months, players picked 59% Light side mission choices, 41% Dark side. (When it wasn't neutral.)

* On June 28, another chapter will be released, about Gemini.

* On June 28, a multi-month contest begins -- Light versus Dark!
-- All Light and Dark mission options selected contribute to the winning faction's total during the contest.
-- There will be (semi-)weekly reports on who is winning.
-- There will be 6 tiers of rewards based on participation.
-- Everyone who participates gets a companion at the end.
-- The new companion design will belong to the winning faction.

Awarded:

I created a Tulenn (Empire) and would love an invite to your Guild.

I am having a blast(literally) playing the Smuggler/Gunslinger/Saboteur... I just reached Level 10 so I'm just getting used to it all but it's fun!

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha and Lhinnthel can invite LMB members in SWTOR. Also you can contact Arkelios (E) and Talinth (R) if you don't see me online. Just let him know you're in the LMB and he can do a /ginvite. You can find me as Mirosha or Savaja (E), and Kiralyn (R).

Also... everyone please use the pets, gear, vehicles, everything in the banks.
Not just for your main but also for any alts you play.
When the supplies run out, I can add more. Let's keep the inventory fresh. :)

Hey Kiralynn, I have several characters (OK 11) on Begeren Colony, both R @ E. Will send you and in game mail.

Main ones using at this time is Kalamar (E)
Grindek (R)
Vendek ((E)

Hope to see you online. Don't play a lot, but do enjoy it when I can.

Vendek
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Tearna can invite on the Republic side. I did start a dark side character (Tearnah) this evening, a bounty hunter.... and Byrcha let me into the dark side kin but not sure if that character was promoted enough to invite others.

Really trying to play my bounty hunter cold and heartless.. but it is hard. They keep giving me such sob stories and options to be nice! *sighs* I think I've had as many light side notices as dark side. haha

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Heh, that is part of the reason why I started several characters, so that I can play some as pure to either dark or light, some as mixed. But it is still hard!

I can invite but not promote, which should be fine. Kira can handle the promoting whenever she checks in.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kyrian
Kyrian Starwalker
Officer

Awarded:

Tearna Quickfoot wrote:
Tearna can invite on the Republic side. I did start a dark side character (Tearnah) this evening, a bounty hunter.... and Byrcha let me into the dark side kin but not sure if that character was promoted enough to invite others.

Really trying to play my bounty hunter cold and heartless.. but it is hard. They keep giving me such sob stories and options to be nice! *sighs* I think I've had as many light side notices as dark side. haha

I completely understand this. I have never been able to level up a dark bounty hunter. I have deleted them within a few levels every time. I do have high level bounty hunters, but they are pure light. TBH, later on in the story, being light sided as a bounty hunter will make even more sense.

There is nothing wrong with going light side in any class. I do have light sided Sith even. Some classes just feel wrong to me as dark. I have same issue with Troopers and Jedi. The other classes work for dark side for me though.

Anyway, maybe try a Sith for dark side for starters and stick with light for your BH. You can repair the dark sided points later.
Anthemisa
Anthemisa
Officer

Awarded:

I just found some time to download SWTOR now my Anthemisi is a jedi consular a smuggler-gunslinger of the Republic on Begeren Colony server.
I used the referral, but did not subscribe the game, I think it is quite possible to level higher without sub.
Kira, and thanks for all the info, it's a pretty game :)

Last edited by Anthemisa on 2016/07/09 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: