Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Rivendell Cup Course -- Saturday the 11th at 3:30pm EDT

This course is more complicated than average. I didn't design it but I love it!

WE WILL NEED MANY JUDGES TO MAKE THIS COURSE WORK. AT LEAST FIVE, PREFERABLY SEVEN.

Here's the plan...

* The person at the start line (probably Kaerri, the race hostess) will need to rush to the finish line to judge there as well. Using the milestone near the Last Homely House will help.

* The judge at the second checkpoint, the log bridge, will need to hurry to the #5 checkpoint, the final bridge, to help out. Take the direct route and you will hopefully beat the racers. This is important because you need to see that the racers come from the north (checkpoint #4) and NOT the milestone to the south.

* Two judges are critical at checkpoint #4, the arch where the racers head south. Because they will be bursting out of the woods and making a tight turn, they will be especially difficult to spot if there are any lag spikes. Backup judges here are essential.

And here's the course... (I will add coordinates later today.)

Forum Image

The race begins at the secret entrance to Rivendell valley. The start is an imaginary line between the two guards.
Forum Image

The first checkpoint is crossing the log bridge just west of the guest house, heading north.
Forum Image

The second checkpoint is crossing the bridge just south of the market, heading east.
Forum Image

The third checkpoint is passing north through the arch behind the house near the stables.
Forum Image

The fourth checkpoint is passins south through the arch on the road leading to the Misty Mountains.
Forum Image

The fifth checkpoint is the southern bridge leading to the Last Homely House, which must be crossed heading east.
Forum Image

The finish is an imaginary line between the statue of Gil-Galad and a cedar tree on the other side of the road.
Forum Image

Awarded:

The big race is tomorrow! We'll need plenty of course judges.
A bookie and treat vendor would also be awesome. I hope to see you there!

Awarded:

I'll be there to help judge, if needed.

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

Yay Molly!

Officer

Awarded:

I'll be online early to give a course tour if anyone needs it.

Here is the text I use in the Raid chat for explaining RACE RULES:

Welcome, everyone! The race is about to begin. I will now go over the rules for the race. Please gather around and listen carefully.

Riders must join a raid fellowship with the judges and remain in it until the race results are announced.

All war steeds will be allowed. You can use a light, medium, or heavy war steed with any gear and traits that you like. No standard (+62%,+68%,+78%) horses, goats or ponies are allowed.

ALL buffs and bonuses must be cancelled before the race begins, including those not related to speed. Please deactivate them now.

Riders must only use their horse for transportation. Stables, milestones, wayfaring, camps, rally points, acorns, mustering horns, summons and all other non-mount forms of travel are forbidden.

Spamming fellow riders, giving a false start signal, having allies ride in the wrong direction to mislead riders, and all other forms of unsportsmanlike behavior will result in disqualification.

The official start signal is the /charge emote -- if you read the text, see the animation, or hear the yell of the emote, the race has begun.

Riders must clear all checkpoints in the proper direction and order. Course judges are the final authority in determining if a checkpoint has been properly cleared. A decision can be appealed if screenshots or video can be presented immediately after the race.

Once you pass through a checkpoint, you may not turn around and go back through it. Continue forward to the next checkpoint.

If a rider falls from his horse, he may mount up again and continue the race. He will not be disqualified for swimming if he is dismounted at a water crossing.

At the start line, position yourself on the line by your head, not your mount's head.

The winner will be determined by the first rider to cross the finish line, not the first mount. Do not jump as you cross the finish line and continue forward so that you don't block the view of other riders.

We will ride a pace lap to show everyone the course before the race begins. If you have questions about the route, ask during the pace lap.

Please remain here after the race for screenshots, which will be posted on the racing web site at SteelAndMagic.com

If you have any rules questions, please ask them now.

We will now begin the pace lap. I will take you to each checkpoint in the proper order. I will stop at each in case you have questions. I will not show you the shortest path between checkpoints. That is for you to find. You can choose any path between checkpoints that you like.

Awarded:

The riders lining up at the finish line:
Forum Image

Our winners! Craicwyth in 1st place, Caiyyd in 2nd, Umpo in 3rd, and Nettlebow in 4th. I don't know what they're all looking at though :D
Forum Image

Officer

Awarded:

Congratulations to our winners -- Craicwyth, Caiyyd and Umpo!

Forum Image
Nettlebow has earned an alternate position in the Championship Cup.

Forum Image

Many thanks to our wonderful band, The Starlight Orchestra, and all of our volunteers!
We couldn't host races without you!

Jump to: