Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyrian
Kyrian Starwalker
Officer

Awarded:

re: SW:TOR

There are 2 places you can check out for friendly faces.

Rangers of Ithilien have a few playing on Begeren Colony.. both sides.
http://tyrianrangers.guildlaunch.com/forums/index.php?gid=226582
Contact me for more info

Sons of Numenor have a few playing on The Ebon Hawk, mostly Empire (Scions of Korriban)
http://www.sonsofnumenor.com/community/index.php/en/scions-of-korriban
Contact me or Benjimir for more info.

Both guilds have members on both sides and are a bit inactive atm. Son Has been becoming more active lately though.
There are a few regularly playing on The Ebon Hawk though and the guild is actively recruiting.

Updated March 9 2013

Last edited by Kyrian Starwalker on 2013/03/09 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Seldora
Elithurien

For those who haven't heard: SWTOR is going free-to-play on November 15.

The game has some very strong storylines for those who like the SW universe. My favorite was the Imperial Agent - I played that one to level max and it was engaging, fun and original.

I personally don't think the F2P move is going to save SWTOR in the end, and knowing how EA is, it could get go downhill quickly if the money doesn't pour in. Some are even saying that the F2P move is just a big money grab before they pull the plug, which would be unfortunate.

So if you are looking to take a LOTRO break or want a cool single-player game (cause it mostly is that) to try out for the holidays, it's definitely worth a spin.
Kyrian
Kyrian Starwalker
Officer

Awarded:

Well, with all the issues i am having with LOTRO, you can dind me in TOR.

Mostly on The Ebon Hawk. Empire side.. looks for Kyriann, Dynamiite or Morianna.. or search for Scions of Korriban. That is the dark side of SoN.
Ijnar

I just had a chance to try this game.
Have a smuggler, Schutze on Beregen Colony and a trooper, Hilts on The Ebon Hawk.
From the forum links its hard to tell if The Sons and their 22nd 9th, or the Beregen outfit are active.
If there's lmb on some other side I can re-roll one.
Elyita

Awarded:

I've been playing TOR this weekend with my husband; I have a level 13 Sage named Elyanne on .. I think it was the Beregon Colony? The west coast-RP server.

I'm enjoying it, though I think that's more cause I get to play with my husband than anything.. I doubt I will get into it much once he's tired of it.

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I was told over the weekend that SW:TOR is free to play, but that almost everything costs money to unlock, including many quests. Does anyone have a guide to the F2P structure?

Awarded:

As far as the official information, the account type comparison chart is here: http://www.swtor.com/free/features and a f2p FAQ is here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449.

From what I've heard, the free model is excessively punishing: you don't get all of the quickslots, you can't send mail, you earn XP at a slower rate, everything costs more in game money, and you have a limit how many quests you can do per week of each of the various kinds. You do get to play through each class story line for free at least. I haven't played SWTOR since it was in beta, but I've thought about trying again for the story line, since I loved KOTOR and KOTOR 2. The problem is my current computer can't handle it, and I'm starting to fear that the game might go under before I get a new one. confused

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Ijnar

This is a pretty good breakdown of the Cartel market- http://www.darthhater.com/articles/feature/22357-the-real-cost-of-cartel-market-items
They forgot to sell character slots. eye roll
While Premium(4.99+) unlocks a bunch of petty restraints, it's not the same freedom you get in the lotro model.
Seldora
Elithurien

I played SWTOR for three months after launch, left, and started a new toon with F2P. Lots of features that I relied on earlier now cost money, and it is painful at points. Still, the strength of the game is in the storylines, and so it's worth playing through some of the better ones even as a nerfed player.

Honestly, I worry about the game's longevity, so my advice is that if you ever thought about playing the game and are intrigued by all the good reports about the story, I'd take some time out in the next few months to play through some of it at a casual pace. Treat it like a single player game with multiplayer chat/instances and you're good to go.

There's lots of rumors about the possibility of EA pulling the plug on SWTOR, though I think that it would be at least 2014 before that happened. But, there is precedence for this happening as Star Wars Galaxies was just closed down last year. And keep in mind that Disney just bought Lucasfilm and announced that there will be Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 and two more films to follow. If there's any interest in creating strong video games to go with this release, you can bet that EA will cut a deal to bury the game.

So there's really not a better time to check this out. :)
Ijnar

I agree with the above. The story lines are well written. It's like a single player with party option.
I don't think money will be required until endgame. A good sideshow.
There are some interesting articles about why swtor failed to capture and retain. Lets hope Turbine can learn from those mistakes. wink
Dhagras
PDL

I have many Characters on the Jedi conveant server which can help people out if they need it or if they want some one to play with.

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thraktuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Is anyone else actively playing these days? I downloaded it this weekend (It took two days wow!) and have been enjoying the game play so far. If anyone is on The Ebon Hawk server, I'd love to say hi! I'm T'urenya on the Republic side :-)

Last edited by Lhinnthel on 2014/10/18 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Vendek

I play, but I am on Begeren Colony.
Mar-Evayave

I used to play (on two servers, one PvE and the other PvP) but not anymore. Unless you pay you can't level to max (even subscribers have to pay to reach new level caps), so this game isn't a true f2p. It's free to try out for the first 50 levels. A glorified trial.

Wish I could give it a glowing report, but until they do away with that, I'm not going back to the game.

R8 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) @ Landroval
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: