Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales 6/2 @ Tiny Frog Island, Bree-Land

Join us for 'Ales & Tales' tonight as we continue our lake-theme with a visit to the Everclear Lakes in Bree-land! There is a tiny island there favored by frogs (if not by turtles); it is just off the Greenway, west of Thornley's Worksite, just north of Dogwood's Farm. 'Nibbles & Nobs' starts at 8:30pm with open-stage, followed by the main show at 9:30pm (EST, /servertime).

If you would like to help out with any backstage tasks, please sign up at: http://tinyurl.com/atstagecrew.

If you would like to jam with 'Old Winyards', please have the most-recent LMB playlist. You can sign up for playing with the band at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnIxmCbTo2KgdGxXNFBkVWtlazVJamU2QU05aHhvV0E#gid=90 on the right-hand side of the sheet; this will also be the location of the setlist for the show (eventually); if you are new, please indicate which instruments you play at the bottom of the sheet (and do bring them all with you). Please be ready to rock by 9:00pm /servertime.

We hope you can join us tonight on the shores of the Everclear Lakes! wink

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Wooo! Frogs!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

Alas I will not be able to make it tonight.

Now some will just decide I am off chowing down on all of the pies and ales that have been stuffed in to my mail box lately. Don't take away their fun playing with that image. Sonca scurrying off towards the Tower Hills pulling a wagon full of the Weatherstock pies and ales would make a good (and believable) story. lol

In reality I have an emergency eye appointment this evening to take care of an issue that flared up again. Even if I get home before A&T starts my eyes probability will not take kindly to the flickering screen of my laptop with the game running.

Awarded:

Will be there, for the main show at least, work may well stop me from doing much beforehand.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

New LMB Playlist 4.18! Please update if you can, so that we can maybe play some new tunes tonight. :)

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Eilye
Field Marshal

Sunrise in frogtown...

Forum Image
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Did the frogs sing along? :)

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Did the frogs sing along? :)

Of course, they're Chorus Frogs!

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Oh! What a gorgeous shot. Eilye!

For any who missed it, here is Codella's tale:

Tamoro says, 'Next up, we have Codella with a tale to share!'
Codella says, 'Greetings everyone!'
Codella says, 'I have a short tale to share tonight, inspired by our amphibian friends here.'
Codella says, 'I hope you enjoy..."The Tiniest Frog"!'
Codella says, 'Once upon a time, there lived a tiny frog.'
Codella says, 'He was born on this very island and he was the bravest, most adventurous frog in his whole colony.'
Codella says, 'Unfortunately, he was also the tiniest frog, so no one ever took him seriously.'
Codella says, 'Then, one day he set out to prove himself the most heroic frog who was ever spawned.'
Codella says, 'His family laughed at him, but he just pushed out his throat and said, "You'll see! I'll be the most heroic frog who ever lived!"'
Codella says, 'The very next morning, he came upon a turtle who had been turned upon his back.'
Codella says, '"Oh thank goodness you're here!" cried the turtle.'
Codella says, '"Please, won't you get someone larger and stronger to help turn me over? I've been stuck here for so long!"'
Codella says, '"There's no need!" cried the tiniest frog. "I'll help you!"'
Codella says, '"Er, are you sure?" asked the turtle. "It's just that you're so tiny and..."'
Codella says, '"I may be tiny, but I'm the most heroic frog in the world! Don't worry, I'll save you!"'
Codella says, 'But though the tiniest frog pushed with all his might, though he huffed and struggled and strained his tiny frog legs, he could not turn the turtle over.'
Codella says, '"Look," said the turtle. "I appreciate what you're trying to do, but maybe you'd better get some help instead."'
Codella says, '"No, no," puffed the tiniest frog. "I got this!"'
Codella says, 'The tiniest frog tried again to help the turtle, but again, he could not budge him an inch.'
Codella says, '"Like I said," sighed the turtle. "I do appreciate your...help, but I do need to get home at some point today.'
Codella says, 'Maybe you could just head over to the sow over there and ask for some help?"'
Codella says, '"I may have only encountered a setback," cried the tiniest frog dramatically, "But never fear, friend turtle, I shall return with greater strength!"'
Codella says, '"Right," returned the turtle. "I'll just lay here, shall I?"'
Codella says, 'And so off the tiniest frog went.'
Codella says, 'When he came to the sow, the tiniest frog saw that she had broken her leg in a hunter's trap.'
Codella says, '"Oh thank goodness someone came along!" cried the sow.'
Codella says, '"Please, run down to Old Madam Shrew who lives just down the hill. She'll know what to do!"'
Codella says, '"Never fear!" cried the tiniest frog. "I'll help you!"'
Codella says, 'But instead of going down the hill to Old Madam Shrew, the tiniest frog began to try setting the sow's leg.'
Codella says, '"Ow, ow!" squealed the sow. "You're hurting me!'
Codella says, 'Please, just go down the hill to Old Madam Shrew. She's well-versed in medicine, I know she can help!"'
Codella says, '"Ah, but so am I!" cried the tiniest frog. "Never fear, I am the most heroic frog in the world!"'
Codella says, '"...Does that mean you've studied medicine?" asked the sow.'
Codella says, 'The tiniest frog paused.'
Codella says, '"Certainly, my good sow, taught by the finest master of my colony!" he cried, somewhat falsely.'
Codella says, '(This was entirely false, by the way.)'
Codella says, 'And the tiniest frog set to work attempting to bind the sow's leg.'
Codella says, 'But though he was as cautious as he knew how to be, though he poked and prodded most delicately, the sow continued to cry out in pain.'
Codella says, '"Please, just go to Old Madam Shrew!" cried the poor sow. "That's the best way you can help me!"'
Codella says, '"I may have encountered another setback, my dear lady," cried the tiniest frog, "But I shall return when I have versed myself in medicine enough to cure your grevious wounds!"'
Codella says, '"Right," sighed the sow. "I'll just lay prone for a while, shall I?"'
Codella says, 'And so off the tiniest frog went.'
Codella says, 'Though he did not believe he needed Old Madam Shrew to help the sow, he thought on it and came to the conclusion,'
Codella says, 'That she was the best person from whom to request medical advice in the vicinity.'
Codella says, 'As the tiniest frog came down the hill, however, he heard a most alarming shriek.'
Codella says, 'Rushing down the hill, he found a fox snarling at the entrance of Old Madam Shrew's burrow.'
Codella says, '"Step away from that burrow, foul villain!" cried the tiniest frog dramatically.'
Codella says, '(If he'd had a sword, you can be sure he would be brandishing it.)'
Codella says, '"Oh, what new snack is this?" asked the fox, turning to the tiniest frog.'
Codella says, '"Why, you wouldn't make more than a mouthful. Shoo, tiny frog, and leave me to my dinner."'
Codella says, '"Oh, thank goodness someone is here!" cried a voice from within the burrow.'
Codella says, '"Please, rush down to the bear den a short ways from here and ask for help! I cannot leave without this fox first being driven off!"'
Codella says, '"Never fear, my dear Old Madam Shrew!" cried the tiniest frog. "I will drive the foul beast away!"'
Codella says, 'But though he tried with all his prowess and bravery, though he ducked and dodged and beat away at the fox's paws, he could not drive the fox away.'
Codella says, 'Finally, getting fed up with this game, the fox swiped one paw at the tiniest frog, sending him head over heels into the nearest bush.'
Codella says, 'After some consideration, the tiniest frog decided his heroic services would best serve the shrew after some hard training.'
Codella says, '"I may have encountered yet another setback," said the tiniest frog while rubbing his sore head. "But I shall return to your aid at a later time, madam!"'
Codella says, '"Well, do hurry up!" shrieked Old Madam Shrew. "I'd like to get out of here some time today!"'
Codella says, 'And so the tiniest frog went.'
Codella says, 'As he hurried along, he came upon a huge cave filled with the musty smell of bear.'
Codella says, '"Who goes there?" cried a fearsome voice.'
Codella says, '"It is I, the most heroic frog in the world!" cried the tiniest frog. "What villain is it that hides in shadows and issues challenges?"'
Codella says, '"It is I, the Fearsome Bear!" roared the bear as he came into the cavern entrance. "What business do you have here?"'
Codella says, '"I am to prove myself the most heroic frog in the world!" explained the tiniest frog.'
Codella says, '"I have encountered the turtle, and the sow, and the shrew, and the fox, and so I challenge you, Fearsome Bear!"'
Codella says, '(There's a lot of yelling in this story, isn't there?)'
Codella says, 'But as the tiniest frog charged into the fray, the bear, with one mighty sweep of his paw, knocked the tiniest frog into the wall.'
Codella says, '"Tiny fool!" said the bear in exasperation. "You have much to learn of heroism."'
Codella says, 'Laying bruised against the cave wall, upside down, out of breath, and much the worse for wear, the tiniest frog began to consider that the bear had a point.'
Codella says, '"Perhaps I have been over-hasty in my attempts to prove myself," admitted the tiniest frog.'
Codella says, '"But what am I to do then? I'm the tiniest frog in my whole colony! If I'm not a hero...what am I?"'
Codella says, '"Yourself," answered the bear gruffly. "That ought to be enough."'
Codella says, '"Now come," said the bear, picking the tiniest frog up and placing him upon his back. "Let us go back to these encounters of yours and see how they fare."'
Codella says, 'And so, the tiniest frog and the Fearsome Bear came upon the fox, who they drove off together.'
Codella says, 'They then welcomed Old Madam Shrew to their party, who was quick to set the sow's leg.'
Codella says, 'The sow quickly led the way to the turtle, who she turned over in a thrice.'
Codella says, '"Now you see how heroism is accomplished," rumbled the Fearsome Bear to the tiniest frog.'
Codella says, '"Yes, indeed," agreed the frog. "I could not have accomplished so much without you all."'
Codella says, '"Thank you, my friends," he continued, bowing grandly to each of them.'
Codella says, 'And so it was that the tiniest frog returned to his family, just as tiny, just as brave and adventurous, but also...'
Codella says, 'The tiniest bit wiser.'
Codella says, 'The End!'
Kaleigh says, 'Yay!'
Bittercress says, 'Very nice Codella'
Cymbidia says, 'Oh, I do love a good tale!'
Tamoro says, 'Thank you Codella! That was a fine tale!'

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Eilye
Field Marshal

Lhinnthel wrote:
For any who missed it

I am absolutely positive that this remark is in no way connected to the teensy tiny lapse of consciousness I experienced in the middle of that somewhere.

Forum Image
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: