Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Everquest Next

Reading the update gave me some fun ideas!

If I was an evil overlord...

* I would get a property on the island volcano. I'd build it to look like a pet adoption center.
* I would build so that the NPC monsters all get stuck in an underground pit beneath my friendly-looking property.
* I would add a doorbell that causes a trap door to open, allowing guests to fall into my subterranean labyrinth.
* Guests who survive the menagerie of monsters can solve a puzzle which allows them to activate the hot lava system, flooding the maze with fatal molten rock, allowing them to survive on a small pedestal. All the monsters die and the guest gets a sudden blast of XP. Oh, and a gold piece - dungeon explorers love that - and a puppy.

Ha! That made me laugh a good while Kira.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

Kira, don't listen to the dark side of he force! Hehe, I tweeted the devs about your evil plans and suggested they make it so that if a monster is trapped for too long it will go enrage and break free with violent force, destroying your building until it can get out.

lol

Alright, so here's the next move they did yesterday. They opened up the alpha forums for everyone to read. Only people who bought a founder's pack can post but everyone can go and read what is being discussed.

If you want to take a look go here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eqnlandmark/index.php

And make sure you take a look at this thread. Screenshots of things people built so far: https://forums.station.sony.com/eqnlandmark/index.php?threads/share-your-screenshots.313/

Officer

Awarded:

There goes my idea of building a zoo.
But, you can make it up to me. Post this: http://youtu.be/1G2LvelFPNg
Maybe it'll get them thinking about horse racing. :)

I feel bad for someone who has a monster visitor with bad pathing, then logs in to find it got frustrated and destroyed his creation. (There WILL be bugs in the NPC pathing, there always are.)

Awarded:

Hello everyone, long time no see... I am more or less lost to Landmark as it seems. The game is slowly developing more and more into what it is supposed to become. The developers are doing an awesome job in working with the community. They answer questions, already took mine and other's suggestions and put them in the game. They put on a weekly 1-hour show called Landmark Live (see https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbCPvdjOe6W08Nan-ml2i140o6sFWm1Hs ) in which they keep the fans up to date with what is happening in the game development, showcase player builds, demo new building techniques, make a whole lot of silly jokes, laugh a lot and generally create a strong bond between the fans and themselves. I have never seen something like this before, it is really great.

Currently we have a little group of friends I know from Lotro in Landmark and we call ourselves the "Landmark Hobbits". Everyone is building their take on a hobbit hole with Whiteberry taking the "lead" by far (she has far too much time!) with building a wonderful home for herself with many cute little rooms. I myself am developing a "Hobbit Hole Construction Kit" that consists of several modules so I can build tunnels, L-corners and T- and X- shaped junctions. These are the connecting parts between the larger rooms. You may also know Amorey from her wonderful paintings and She, Whiteberry and I started a project to bring some much needed furniture and other items into the game when the "Player Direct Store" is launched in May. Currently we are brainstorming what we want to make, create it as a 3D model and then we want to submit it in the hopes, SOE will take them and put them into the game. The earnings from the store will be donated to a children´s charity.

There are some other players around who you may know from Twitter or from the Laurelin server. I believe Lhinnthel is also in the game, right?

I still have 3 beta keys which I am willing to give away. If anyone is interested, please send a mail to Mynkus.Aladana@gmail.com - oh yeah, I have changed my itentiy for the future. It was always a little awkward to be called Floradine so I decided to go with an old name I once used in WoW. You can also find me in ESO under that name. Although only on the European server and there I am going to play either solo or with some old German friends.

Here is how to contact me:
Email: Mynkus.Aladana@gmail.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Mynkus (@Mynkus)
Blog: http://Landmark.Mynkus.de (it's a .de domain but the Landmark blog is in English)

Alright, this all sounds very much like I am lost for Lotro and the LMB. To be honest I am not really sure about that and I have not made any real decision about it. But I certainly need a good long break from Lotro after some very very strange things that happened to me and others during my dealings with Turbine and it's staff. Landmark allows me to relax and forget about those things and put my course into a brighter direction. But I hear that Sapience is continuing his live streams and also is trying to get some devs in front of the camera in the attempt to better the relationship with the players. If all else I did on the Player Council was for naught, this one thing -it seems- I managed to put into their hearts. If that's true then I am happy :)

Awarded:

addendum:

1. If you are interested in a beta key make sure your computer meets the game requirements. You have to have a 64bit Windows and 8GB memory. The game caches the voxel data on the hard drive so it can quickly accumulate 30 GB space or more, depending how often you hop between different islands. Which is very common.

2. The Landmark Hobbits can be found on the server Understanding EU, island Spring. You can /join hobbits to come into our channel and say hi! Note that this channel only works when you are on the Understanding server.

3. I have written some beginner's tutorials. Visit my blog to take a look at them, the address is in the previous post.

Officer

Awarded:

Love the building stuff. Very similar to Rift, but seems like the tool options are even better.
I find it hard to trust SOE though.
Ealthina

After trying the Landmark Beta there will be no way in Mordor I will even bother. I found Landmark to be..well..horrible in ever facet of play so I will be sicking to LOTRO and ESO...
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Aw, Floradine, I hope you don't leave LOTRO forever. I'm so sad to see another great friend depart for other worlds! I hope you have great fun building a new Shire.

Awarded:

I am having a great time in landmark, The building tools were at first a bit odd for me, but now that I am accustomed to them I am loving building on my claims. Although the game is still in development, and there is much to be added in still, I am more than satisfied with the speed at which the game is progressing.

Anyone wishing to visit me, Aedon can be found on Serenity, Island of Cave. I am a wee bit North East of the Spire.
Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

A small update. Landmark development is still going strong. Tomorrow we will get some nice furniture, a bed, a bookshelf, a stool and candles and a bunch of rugs too. New props (as the devs call them) will be put into the game constantly. Still the game lacks some important emotes like /sit and /laydown. I really hope they will be developed soon.

Within the next two weeks the islands will actually become islands because they get oceans around them. In preparation I moved to an island edge and look forward to get wet feet.

A new "blueprint" was posted yesterday and it lays out which new improvements are about to come in the next few months. You can find it here: https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/the-new-improved-blueprint-4-29-14.34413/

Kiralynn, mounts (horses) are now confirmed. Your horse races with self-made obstacles can actually become a reality in a few months.

High Officer

Awarded:

ooh, I had not seen the new blueprint yet! I'm excited to hear that horses will be in the future. The landscapes will be fun to race across! I'm also looking forward to water! While my claims are on a hilltop, they do overlook what I believe to be a small lake that someone has built a little cottage on! While I can't devote a lot of time to Landmark and my building skills are still a WIP, so far, it's a fun 'game' with a great community.

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Floradine wrote:
Kiralynn, mounts (horses) are now confirmed. Your horse races with self-made obstacles can actually become a reality in a few months.

I found this comment, "Mounts: Yup. Horses are the first goal. We'll see about more."
Have they said anything more? Will they all be the same speed? Will they jump? Will they have tack or be customizable in any way?

Awarded:

No, nothing of all that yet, they are far away, still. But I can write up a post on the forums about mounts in that regard so they may be able to think about that stuff before they actually create the systems.

Oh. Wait. Oh boy.

You know... they are introducing their Players Studio to Landmark soon. That's the ingame store in which players can sell their own creations (if they are accepted by SOE). They have it up and running for PlanetSide 2. People are already creating helmets and even skins for the ingame vehicles there.

Now translate that to Player Studio for Landmark and horses...

Awarded:

I thought a little more about the speed thing.

There already are items in the game that make you run faster. I'd expect those would have an effect on the mounts, too. But that's not a big deal because these items are craftable by everyone for very low mat requirements and they are not on a timer or anything.

So it could be in the pre-announced rules for a race that everyone needs to have this item equipped to get them all to the same, fastest, speed.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: