Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Saturday, thats right, SATURDAY Night sieges!!!

O Frapjous day! Callooh! Callay!

So, during the officer meeting and kinmeeting last sunday, I was speaking with Laonikis, who has always wanted to participate in grouping, but for whom the sunday gatherings he usually cannot make. I know this can be a problem for other members as well, and Laonikis has graciously offered his efforts and assistance gathering up parties on Saturdays.

Now, he told me he can usually be on around, I think he said 1pm server time, so that wouldn't TECHNICALLY make it a Saturday NIGHT siege, but we can quibble over the name later. However, for those of our membership that have been looking for more grouping opportunities, Laonikis can use your assistance, and your support, on saturday afternoons.

Now, the first couple of weekends might be tough. In my experience, it's been rather difficult to get people organized for grouping, especially considering disparate levels, what instances people have available or still need to buy, and what people may be tired of or have need of. However, our BIGGEST concern right now, is finding people willing to LEAD these new companies on their adventures.

We often have a great many interested and enthusiastic players, and many of the veteran LMB kinmembers will often lend a hand if the company only needs one or two more to make a party, but many groups are hesitant to proceed without at least SOMEONE willing to take responsibility for leading the company through.

Now, I know leadership can be a daunting idea, but the truth is, it doesn't HAVE to be particularly hard most of the time, and with LMB kinmembers, you'd be amazed how much patience and support you get from our kinfolk. And if anyone has any prevailing fears about leading a group, but would like to overcome them, Andeon is always offering leadership training runs on request, to help you nail down some of the difficulties of getting into a leadership role for the first time.

So please, offer Laonikis whatever support and advice that you can on the next several Saturdays if you happen to be on, and if you're even willing to CONSIDER taking on a leadership role, please, please feel free to contact me, or just step forward - I promise you, the Kinship of the Lonely Mountain Band is both desperately in need of your service, and eager and willing to help you succeed!

if anyone has any questions or support to offer along these lines, feel free to post in this thread, or contact me in-game mail or via PM here, or contact Laonikis directly using the same means. Happy Hunting everyone!!

yay for Saturday! Laonikis is getting experience. I know because I and others have grouped with him lately. He do like dat stuff!

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Harperella
High Officer

It is great to see banders stepping up for leading groups! We've been a little thin here lately, and Saturday Night Sieges will really help out. Well done, Laonikis, and I urge all banders to follow his lead in starting up regular grouping nights. All it takes is for one player to stake out a date and a time, then show up each week. Word gets around and you'll have a group of regulars in no time!

--Harper

I was all excited by the subject line ... until I read farther and realized you actually meant Saturday NOON Sieges. Not very likely, at least for the next couple-three weeks.

I would be able to make the usual Sunday NIGHT Siege this week, though ... are they still happening?

You know... there's nothing stopping us from sieging whenever we feel like it... :)

Personally, I'm just fine with sieging at noon and then sieging again in the evening. Gratuitous slaughter for everyone!

Andeon
Officer

thank you all for your support and interest, as always! Yes, of course, the Sunday NIGHT siege should be happening as usual this sunday. And, as camara wisely pointed out, there's absolutely nothing stopping people from siegeing whenever the mood strikes them - the only reason I tend to focus on a *particular* time, is it tends to help people organize, when they know they can *expect* that a person will show up at a certain time mentally prepared to participate in a particular activity

I *always* like to hear of our kinmates going off on grand adventures any time of day or night, and I'm very much looking forward to anyone with a plan and a schedule in mind to start showing up and offering their services. It may take some time for people to get the idea, but given some time, you'll usually see more and more support, as people get used to the idea, and start to work it into their expectations of when and where and what :)

so, battle on dear friends, and I look forward to seeing many of you on Sunday Night, and hope to hear about fun adventures many of you had on Saturday as well!

Officer

Awarded:

Great initiative! I'll be happy to lend a hand if/when I'm online. this saturday looks promising

Personally, I'm sadly unable to project a fixed date these months for regular grouping as I'm working irregular shifts till Jan, but I'll be trying to impromptu groups as and when - those MetaDeed instances are still on the todolist! Neru's started trying to tank stuff, starting with the In Their Absence instances :P
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: