Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales 5/20, Celondim Docks ???

Well, you know what they say: the show must go on! So, in spite of the music-bug, "Ales & Tales" is on for tonight, as usual. Also as usual, we need a bit of help with backstage tasks: see http://tinyurl.com/atstagecrew to sign up. But mostly we will need Old Winyards folks to show up a bit earlier so that we can test for music-bugginess -- we may have to move to a new location if no one can hear us.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Tomeoric

Awarded:

Due to a previously scheduled RL event, I'll miss out on tonight! Good luck with the sound bugs!

Awarded:

I tested a couple of days ago, Celondim Docks and Duillond were bugged (including inside the festival area).

For what it's worth, good locations (at time of testing) were:

Outside Combe Gate of Bree by the wagon
Archet, near entrance
Inside Thorin's Hall
Inside bar fight area of Thorins
Shire Homesteads (was testing at 6 Brookbanks)

Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

I should have no problem getting there in time to test before the opening set, but I'll definitely be there for the closer.

My testing so far seems to show that the zone boundaries are more likely to be ABC friendly than deeper inside the zones. I have not been able to play ABC's properly inside the shire homestead I have houses at 4 & 5 Brookbank St. since the update. I do not remember the neighborhood name off hand.

(and yes I am jealous that it worked for Keli at #6)

I hope to be there, but I mentored a kinnie just Friday so I will not be available for mentoring.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kyrian
Kyrian Starwalker
Officer

Awarded:

Staddle works, but there are other bugs still to deal with.
Moving from practice area to new spot rebugs bands.
Volume notation doesn't work, especially for horns and bagpipes.
Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

I just got hit hard with some RL problems I have to deal with. I may not make it tonight.

Awarded:

Good luck with everything, Sonca...

Honor and fun,
Gori a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Sorry to hear that, Sonca; I hope it all works out.

Good news from Ales & Tales! We moved to the Raglan neighborhood, and after one relog we could all hear our own instruments in the band *and* also the inst of the other performers! Some songs (using songbook) sounded slightly "slower" though -- 6-(Aeg)AlesandTales and 3-(Par)-Hush in particular. Didn't appear to be lag, and didn't affect all songs.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Molly Bayberry
Officer

Awarded:

Sonca, we missed you, I hope things weren't too terrible.

Yes, we found a workaround, sort of, for one of the music bugs. But there seems to be so many!

For example, after Ales & Tales, Melanie and Friends played a song and the flute sounded all breathy and windy, it was very distracting. Madaelin said it has to do with the volume controls, which have been meddled with by an evil spell of some white wizard, I don't know who.

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: