Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lindorieh
Morfindiel
Officer

Awarded:

re: Sunday Night Siege 5/194

Hey Andeon! Thanks for leading a great skirmish run through Thievery and Mischief! I was getting a lot of RL distraction during the final, successful boss fight. Can you post what you figured out, since I wasn't able to hear it?

Thanks!

Lindorieh

On Crickhollow - Morivanye- Rangers of Ithilien

On Anor: -Morfindiel, Laerlenn -Mythgard

On Ithil: Morfindiel - The Kin

Andeon
Officer

Sure thing Lind!

First things first, though, thank you all of you that came - fought hard - those that left early, I'm sorry we missed you, but thank you so much for helping us get as far as we did - those that filled in last minute slots, thank you very much for making sure we could see it through to the end!!

And thank you everyone for kind-hearted support, and for the considerable stamina and patience it took to make it through - you all did a fantastic job

As for the final review

Those attempting 12-man "Thievery and Mischief", and getting lost in the cloud of different effects and aura's, here's what we figured out so far

at the 12-man tier 1 raid, there are 4 final bosses. At least 2 of which have an aura - I can't remember any of their names,
the woman (rose?) is a healer AND has a constant healing aura, but ALSO has a damage transfer to the big orc guy (blogtaz) - so, most of the damage you do to her goes to him first.

The big orc guy (blogtaz)has an aura that slows people, and makes the initial placement of bosses and tanks very difficult. It will also make kiting other bosses very difficult.

there's horn-helmet guy (Bhrait?) who deals lots of ranged fire damage

And finally Balak, the half-orc (mostly normal looking) guy that has a huge aura that buffs the total morale of the other 3, and periodically drops banners that buff him and his friends

How you deal with the bosses depends greatly on your group makeup, but heres what worked for us with 2 guards, 2 wardens and 1 captain tank, with almost no healing (one rk and 2 captains HOH), the rest being hunters and burgs

Most people kill Rose first - but you absolutely want to move her and her aura away from the rest of the enemies - I find that moving her to the far east side of the arena (as far away from the town hall as you can get) works best. For the others, we moved Horn-Helmet-Fire guy to the south corner of the town hall (just next to the gate), and held, tried to pull Balak (normal looking guy) to the far north corner of the town hall, and sorta held giant orc guy (Blogtaz) more or less center (just make sure he's clear of the healer's aura)

At first, I wanted to take down Blogtaz first, because I figured that would make Rose easier to kill (and I still think so), but for whatever reason, Blogtaz seemed to be tanking like a pro, while the 3 of us that were beating on rose slowly whittled her down to nothing. Or we would have, except at 100k health, we re-set the instance :)

So, first of all, make sure all your people stay well away from the entrance gate, as you run the risk of re-setting your instance and undoing all your hard work

That being said, there may be some secondary effect on Blogtaz, or perhaps there were more people firing on rose and I just couldn't see it, but Rose turned out to be far easier to take down than Blogtaz.

So, for proven methods, I'd move rose over to the far east side, and have the entire company that isn't tanking or healing, focus fire her down. Remember that it's *desperately* important to interrupt her heal induction, as she could easily heal back up to full.

When Rose is down, we moved to Blogtaz, however we got stumped for about 30 seconds (at least, may have been more like 60) - when Rose is defeated, she releases some kind of Healer's Down buff, which, as near as I could tell, either made Blogtaz immune to damage, or healed/absorbed so much that his bar didn't move for a very long time. Either way, if you're going to repeat our success, I recommend just auto-attacking until that buff removes - no need to lose power doing attacks that wont do any damage.

Still, once the healer-down buff went away, Blogtaz slowly fell to our continuous blades, then we moved to Bhrait, who, without any healing, and with only 2 bosses left, fell even faster, then Balak finally.

HOWEVER...if I had it to do over again, and if everything works the way I *think* it should work, I'd recommend the following

Take Rose off into the corner, and keep her there. Position all the other bosses the way we did, but focus on Balak (normal lookingish guy) or Blogtaz first. Balak gives a huge base morale buff - if you can kill him first, and keep Rose from healing anyone (by interrupting heal skills and keeping them away from the aura), then killing Balak first would make all the other bosses significantly easier to kill. Then Blogtaz next, so there's no one to absorb the damage for Rose - then Rose, and finally the horn-helmet-fire guy.

This **ASSUMES** there are no other effects going on than the ones I identified. As I said, Blogtaz seemed unusually difficult to injure while Rose was still up. If it was because she was healing him (we might have failed to stop the inductions) than assuming you can keep the interrupts on rose, Blogtaz/Balak should both be relatively easy to defeat, and would be better choices to start with, as Balak makes ALL the bosses harder to defeat while he's up, and Blogtaz makes Rose harder to kill while he's up.

Hope that made sense - if not, I'd be happy to go over it with you in voice next time we get a chance...now, I'm off, hopefully, to do some of that singing that Floradine has been patiently waiting for for over a month.

Officer

Awarded:

Oh, and the huge fire bombs by Bhaltar (or whatever his name is). Took out half my total health every time.

Thanks for the summary Andeon! Next time will be a breeze.

Lindorieh

Andeon
Officer

just a note - those huge firebombs that he casts out - are interruptable - if you've got a 2nd person capable of standing by and just stunning/interrupting him when he does that, you can save the whole raid a ton of damage

however, high tactical mitigations would also help against that damage, as would I think RK's can provide a fire-resist debuff and some other such - but still, overall, just interrupting the attack would probably be absolute best!

yes, I cannot stress enough, in this game, high mitigations seem to be one of the key features to surviving many of the badder boss battles in LOTRO at the moment - sadly, there are few places to get high mits (tactical being preferable to melee, it seems, in general) several high virtues provide excellent mitigations, and there are a few specific items (pocket items and armor) that provide excellent mitigations (mits) as well

Officer

Awarded:

Aye, it sure was a fun time! Great leadering and mustering of folks Andeon - *salutes the Cappy!*
Healing - Dominho and Tamirien/Craicwyth did a spiffing job!
Aaaand I gots to unleash my pyromaniac self without concern for CC - muahahaha.

Oooh didn't know the fire blasts were interruptable - in which case, warden tanking that boss would be a great idea for future runs (wards have an almost instant interrupt: spear-shield = The Boot, and if set on potency - it *is* instant). Just a thought - as I thinks we lost a number of the medium armoured to the flames (the lights have an advantage due to will = tact mit)
Lindorieh
Morfindiel
Officer

Awarded:

Good to know about the mitigations. I sometimes get lost in all the traits we can have, and there isn't a good guide (that I know of) since the new updates.

Lindorieh
Morfindiel
Officer

Awarded:

Oh, and Andeon, you have the patience of a saint!

Tamirien

Andeon mentioned that we reset the instance. Indeed that happened, but I'd like to give a special Kudos to the recovery. People stuck to the game, the raid recovered, and we defeated them anyway. That makes for an extra special victory, at least IMO. It's so easy to lose focus and just give up when something like a reset happens. In fact, I was headed for the door when the instance restarted. I took a couple seconds trying to get out, figured out what happened, and switched back to my assignment.

Excellent recovery, and a thrilling victory envy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: