Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Postcards from Middle Earth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craicwyth
RohanArchitect
Officer

Awarded:

re: Level 85 1st Age Weapon Weapon Designs

When procuring a new weapon, I believe that many, if not the majority, of people who play LOTRO consider, "How does this improve my character's ability in combat?" However, there are those among us whose first consideration is, "Will this go with my outfit?" Unfortunately, there are not many pictures of first age legendary items available, which makes it difficult to determine the desirability of these weapons. In part to rectify this situation, I compiled screenshots of four of the new level 85 first age weapons: the mace, dagger, one handed sword, and one handed axe. I hope these help in your decision to upgrade:

Forum Image

To be honest, I am less than impressed...They are a little flashy for my tastes. Also, hopefully someday they will start having swords with proper guards again.

Thanks for posting these! I am a total sword fan, but lately I've been using a dagger. Why? Because I'm just sick of the "light saber" effect of legendary weapons. The dagger seems a little less obtrusive. Also, swords tend to clip into your mount. I really really really wish we could turn off the LI effects entirely. I love the cosmetics of so many weapons, forever obscured by a bright white nimbus.

--Harper

Awarded:

Even better, I'd love to be able to cosmetically equip weapons. There were some really nice looking halberds at lower levels that I miss. I'm not sure it would be a huge project to do so. Just have the weapon we "actually" equip determine stats, damage, etc., and have the cosmetically equipped weapon be the one everyone sees.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Postcards from Middle Earth All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: