Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales, 10/8 at the Horsefields

Heads up, fellow Old Winyards-ers! The show this coming Monday will be much more ambitious than usual, since we'll also be providing background music for the Performance Riding team and the accompanying Horse Show. There is also a set for the announcements/mentoring, since signup for the horse show will happen at the same time and could run longer than the announcements.

I've posted the song list at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnIxmCbTo2KgdGxXNFBkVWtlazVJamU2QU05aHhvV0E#gid=2 -- this is the Stage Crew sign-up document, look on the second sheet.

Also, some of the songs (highlighted in blue) are new. Two of them are in the new LMB zip file, version 4.2, released just a couple days ago. You can find it in the usual place ( http://lonelymountainband.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5145705&gid=128176 ). The other two songs can be found elsewhere in the forum:

http://lonelymountainband.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8734127&p=31782006&gid=128176#31782006

http://lonelymountainband.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8734127&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&gid=128176[url][/url][url][/url][url][/url]

We'll need 8 musicians. I'll assign parts later. If you are planning to be there and planning to play, just reply here so that I can plan accordingly. We'll also plan to have practice at 8:00 pm Monday as usual. If you can print out the song list or have it on alt-tab, that will help. Note that the order of the songs could still change slightly.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

re: Re: Ales & Tales, 10/8 at the Horsefields

Count me as double of something, can't be a main player under such stress :)

RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

I should be able to play - although, when will the horse show start? Will it run past 11? If so, I can play for the opener...better not during mentoring/announcements if I'm giving the announcements, because I won't be seeing OW cues then :-) ... but I can't play for the horse show if it's past 11 /servertime.

Awarded:

I'm in! but I can't play past 11pm as well..
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

There is a current thread in the Windy Acres sub-forum which describes the proposed order of events. The plan is to start at 9:30 and be done by 11:00, as usual.

OW opening set (10 min)

Performance Rider Intro (5 minutes)

Horse Parade (5 minutes)

Riding Performance (5 minutes)

Announcements + Mentoring + Horse Show Signup (15 min)

Horse Show (30 minutes)

Poems and other acts (20 min)

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Lenn and Anthe, we'll likely need everyone playing to cover the numbers with 8 players. For the announcements, we have just two long songs, so those can hopefully be queued.

Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Should be OK for me then!

Warning, though: There's a chance I won't actually make it to A&T this week - depends on if we finish writing our midterm exams this weekend or if I'm still needing to work on that on Monday. But if I am there by 8 I will play with OW.

Awarded:

Is there any chance OW can handle playing the background music for the parade (4 minutes of any upbeat, energetic music), the formation riding demonstration (a custom ABC file), and the horse show vote tally (3-5 minutes of any music)?

Here's the file for the demonstration: http://roll3d6.com/abc/1-chethills.txt
It's a custom extra-long version of Whiskey in the Jar, not the original Chetwood Hills.
That would free up more riding team members to participate in other ways.

Even if only 2-3 people play it, so long as the crowd can hear, that's great. It's a 1-player piece, the only reason to have multiple people playing it is so that they're spread out so the audience can hear no matter where they're standing along the wall.

One other request - could OW please set up to play at the base of the hill on the east side of the sports arena? We need the audience as close as possible to the eastern outer wall of the arena, otherwise some players won't be able to see riders when they're on the far side of the field. They also need to be as close to the light post at the gap in the eastern wall (in the middle north-south), for the same reason. This will put the band playing at everyone's back during the performances, it's true. However, if the band lines up against the wall, they'll be blocking the view of the performers and also pushing the audience farther back, to the point they won't see the riders at all times. Thank you so much!

Awarded:

So that's 5-minutes beyond the 30-minutes of the horse show? Either way, OW can cover it. OW already has a song in for the parade, 25-beerhorses, and plans to download the new 1-chethills.

We may have to ask people to move up next to the field, but can do so during the rider-intro. OW can set up at the base of the hill to begin with and won't need to move.

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Hmm, perhaps we should call this one "Bales and Tails"??

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Old Winyards-ers (Old Winyardeers? Old Winyarders?), don't forget to get the three downloads for tonight's song list (see first post above): 4.2 LMB zip file, 1-chethills, and 25-beerhorses. Note that this version of chethills is not the same as the one in the LMB zip file. Rebuild songbook once you have the new files. Thanks!

Tomeoric

Awarded:

Lots and lots of pictures here from the event. Great job everyone who put this on... it was awesome!

Awarded:

Thank you very much for photos, and many apologies about my power! It went suddenly, I found myself in darkness, tried not to scream, but couldn't -it was sort of whimper, not a scream-! Both granny and mom woke up, they scolded at me for staying till late!
*sigh*
I hope the rest of the show went well, folks were too surprised to send me their 'cats' (acts). It was an epic A&T.
Thank you Windy Acres Rach, Formation Riding Mates, I promise to attend training, your performance was stunning!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: