Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Ealthina

re: Planning the third anniversary of Ales and Tales

I am terribly sorry I was not able to attend tonight grand festivities, but RL called and smacked me in a big way. See you all in-game! Should be back on tomorrow..
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Photos and poll results! Photos and poll results, please!

Awarded:

HERE is a video I threw together very quickly. Make sure to watch it in HD!

Here is a picture from inside the Green Dragon:
Forum Image
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

I was terribly busy with managing acts, to attract attention of Harperella and 'enrage' Byrcha! (no, not intentionally!) so no photos taken by me!

It was a triumphant show despite missing parts of the OW...I wish that we discussed earlier situation of that OW-related non raid performers. Similar to normal acts they need to be poked to take stage or must be invited to raid...
Anyway, a burnt child dreads the fire! I learnt that I had to be much more coordinated with the band leader in hard way!

Except Dringil, acts went smoothly. I became indebded to him some pies...

Thank you very much everyone who made this possible and represent as if trouble-free.

Thank you very much Galenhir, Harperella, Lennidhren, Byrcha, Apis, Floradine, Fronna, Mellilot, Tomrica, Parduke, and Aivya(Trignee) and the rest all I forgot the mention names!

I apologise to Estellost, Shinarra, Astleigh, and Melanie, I wish that you were able to perform as planned...*pouts*

Also countless thanks to all who took acts!

*bows deeply*

Thank you very much for giving me a chance!

Last edited by Anthemisi on 2012/08/25 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Officer

In the end it was a great show

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

Nice video Tomrica!

Here are all the pictures I took, starting with the Old Winyards rehearsal: http://www.flickr.com/photos/elinnealotro/sets/72157631176224878/

(Including a couple when I forgot to turn off the UI *cough*)

Kira, we ended up not doing any polls. There was quite enough going on for one event. :)

I really enjoyed the evening, hearing peoples' memories of the earliest Ales & Tales, and sitting cozy around the fireplace listening, and everybody getting into the dancing outside. It was fantastic that Galenhir got to attend the beginning, direct from England! One of my favorite moments was at the very end when we were setting off fireworks, and a guy next to me remarked, "I came to use the oven, and now I'm drunk and things are explodin'" Then a few seconds later... "I'm not complaining." Ales & Tales does have a way of drawing in the random passerby. Great show, everybody!

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Tomeoric

Awarded:

When Harperella said, "Go with light..." - while perfectly timing Improved Song of Restoration on the mass of characters on-screen... I went blind from pure awesomeness. I so regret not having the camera rolling for that, as it was a most impressive display, and I was honestly mesmerized by the whole short speech as the skill was going through its induction. She reared up on her mount and took off, while the crowd was left stunned and speechless. The first word I saw was from a dwarf next to me who simply said, "Whoa".

Bravo Harperella... bravo...
`Tinki`
Officer

Tinki fully intended to be there,but ended up in the emergency room from about 6pm to 9:30 pm. Dang the back luck! Back home today and intend to play the game.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Jayed the Bowmaster

my internet kept going out last night...so I had to log off..damn you comcast

very sad to miss this sad
Harperella
High Officer

Thanks to everyone who made this a great 3rd anniversary. I'm a little rusty with the MC routine, and I'm afraid I made Anthemisi's job a little harder by introducing the wrong acts at the wrong time. But I really loved the feel of this 3rd anniversary. We had a very enthusiastic crowd, great acts, and great music. Ales and Tales has come so far these last three years, and I couldn't be prouder of what we've become. This event has become a cornerstone of Landroval community and music, and I'm constantly amazed at the creativity and enthusiasm that it continues to elicit. Well done, Lonely Mountain Band!

--Harper

Awarded:

Thanks y'all for the video, pictures and tales of the big event!

Awarded:

Harperella wrote:
Well done, Lonely Mountain Band!--Harper

This is my prize!
Dear Harperella, you were hard to instruct but AWESOME!
I can die in peace now!

Officer

Awarded:

I very much liked how calm it all remained. We did not go crazy with long speeches, extraordinary special acts and guests. We totally performed the well proven concept and recipe. I deem this as a great quality. Others maybe would have gone crazy with presenting one sensation after the other and very likely fail with that. We just ran the normal thing as usual and naturally ran it perfectly. I really love this kind of laidback professionalism. And Anthe, you were an integral part of that top notch crew.

It was my first attendance, back from a year of traveling, and I must admit that I was taken by all the performances and presentations and speeches.

There's always a feeling of community and of belonging at these events that make me heart feel all warm and fuzzy. And I was pleasantly surprised that those emotions were still there after such a long time.

Well done.

And thank you to all the people that contributed to making this event happen. The audience is most grateful. (Well, at least I am, and that must count for something.. hahaha)

Again, great performances by everyone and I'll be attending more!

~Ada

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: