Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CGriffin
Officer

re: Medallions growing on trees!

OK, so I'm way behind in my developer diaries... I had eating to do!

Anyway, now that I am reading them, check this out:
The big thing which stood out to us was the difference in currency rewards between our existing scaling spaces and the Isengard cluster / Roots of Fangorn. The amount of currency / hour players could get from the Isengard cluster compared to the scaling spaces heavily encouraged players to focus on running the Isengard cluster. While we want players to run the Isengard cluster and Roots of Fangorn, we don’t want to completely leave the Scaling Instances in the dust. To help address the difference, each auto-bestowed optional quest in Fornost will give Medallions instead of Marks. This should help to even out the currency gaps.

As each wing has three bosses, there will be three chests. Each chest will give players the standard rewards (skirmish bounties, relics, Item Experience Runes, etc). The first and third chests will also give players equipment. Similarly to the Great Barrow, Annúminas, and the other classic instances we’ve given the scaling treatment, Fornost now drops level-scaling items. Just shy of forty new items were created for the Fornost cluster and divided between each space. The new items are intended to help fill some gaps with stat combinations in gear from Scaling Instances, and to help players gear up using Scaling Instances. All the rewards previously found in Fornost are now available on the Classic vendors found at your Skirmish camp of choice.

So, who's up for some Fornost action? Cam and Hin are goin after those medallions!

Aldekim
Officer

Count me in.

~Aldekim

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Beorbrand
DeGeneral Degeneratus

Awarded:

Me too!
Harperella
High Officer

I'm really looking forward to exploring the new Fornost cluster! But I can't speak for my availability. This summer is pretty packed!

--Harper

it's really quite nice to see the scaleable instances getting some incentive love. I've done 2 of the wings of the new fornost - water wing (snicker) is really quite challenging, but a lot of fun - the 2nd one (earth wing, i think?) was a little more mundane, but still nice to see it both scaling and chopping up fornost into more manageable pieces

I'm more than happy to bring this up upcoming SNS, for scaled folks (lvl 75) or for on-level folks, and I'll be sure to mention that the rewards have scaled rather nicely as well - thanks for the catch Camara, and I'll look forward to seeing as many of you as can manage this sunday!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: