Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Sunday Night Siege 07/08/12

sadly, and I can't tell you how bad I feel about this, I will once again be absent this sunday - these sunday absences should be a thing of the past after this upcoming sunday, but various schedule changes with my friends have forced me to alter my own schedule to match, hopefully briefly

last sunday was an exciting arrangement of different instance runs from my own perspective, and I hope others had fun as well

Gaerthand has expressed some serious interest in kin-run Draigoch raids runs. We had a regular thursday group running with Khizli and company at one point, I haven't heard much of it recently, but that is one option for those of you interested in making draigoch runs

but if you can't get in on that for scheduling or various other reasons, organizing some draigoch on sundays is certainly not a bad idea either

I'm happy to help organize groups for such runs when I'm available, and if you have a personal interest and I'm *not* available, feel free to organize a group yourself. I *highly* recommend running your first several runs with reasonable expectations of not being successful - the instance still suffers from occasional bugs, and requires considerable skill from everyone involved, as well as some rather dicey navigation and fellowship maneuver skills

at the minimum, I would recommend getting at least 2 key people for any Draigoch run - first, you'll need someone that knows the paths to take to chase down and kill the "feet" - you'll also need someone familiar with the system for "tanking" the head - I've done the head tanking, but I still wouldn't lay odds on my ability to lead people through the winding maze of tunnels that is defeating the "feet"

also, the other key thing you'll have to do with any Draigoch run, is very carefully set up beforehand who takes what part in a fellowship manuever - you don't *have* to have the maneuvers memorized (although it doesn't hurt), but making ABSOLUTELY SURE that each person in the FM fellowship understands whether they're supposed to be #1, #2, #3, etc in the order is *KEY*.

there are, of course, considerably more detailed instructions to successfully navigating the instance, but the above 2 points are the ones that I think you really OUGHT to get down before attempting it, although, in the end, you wanna run in willy nilly for fun, I'm all for it :)

there are prevailing arguments about how well geared/traited you *have* to be to run the instance - but for the purpose of Sunday Night Siege, gear/traiting requirements are less important to *me* and the groups that *I* run, and as such, if you're not feeling particularly gear-worthy, you may still be able to get in on those runs at the very least.

however, as I mentioned, I won't be available *this* sunday - even when I'm not present, in fact, ESPECIALLY when I'm not there, I still want to see people having fun and challenging themselves - please, please feel free to callout in the spirit of SNS, and see if your fellow kinmates and friends and allies are willing to join you in battle and adventure!!

post here if you have any other specific requests, advice, questions or whatnot - we'll see what comes up as time moves forward

re: Re: Sunday Night Siege 07/08/12

Andeon wrote:
Post here if you have any other specific requests, advice, questions or whatnot - we'll see what comes up as time moves forward.

As I put in the instance request list, Tinarian (67 Guardian) is hoping to complete the Volume II, Epilogue quests. She has two that require groups: a small fellowship into one of three Dol Guldur dungeons, and the biggie--Sammath Gul. She'd prefer folks also in need and close in level (65ish), but at this late date I suppose a "ringer" may be inevitable.
CGriffin
Officer

Tamirien wrote:
As I put in the instance request list, Tinarian (67 Guardian) is hoping to complete the Volume II, Epilogue quests. She has two that require groups: a small fellowship into one of three Dol Guldur dungeons, and the biggie--Sammath Gul. She'd prefer folks also in need and close in level (65ish), but at this late date I suppose a "ringer" may be inevitable.

I dunno if Cam is a "ringer" but she needs those as well. None of the rest of mine have made it to the epilogues yet.

Aldekim
Officer

I suppose it's a symptom of my end game avoidance, but I still need the last of the LG openers where you gather ingots and set off troll attacks. I managed to finish two thirds of it before the group I was with broke up. It is fairly difficult and requires 6 level 75 participants.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Tamirien

CGriffin wrote:
I dunno if Cam is a "ringer" but she needs those as well. None of the rest of mine have made it to the epilogues yet.

Oh yeah! Camara is definitely a ringer =D But completing content, especially WITH kinmates, overrides all other concerns cool
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Our trip to Grandma's got shortened by a day so we'll actually be getting home Sunday instead of Monday (I won't have to miss A&T!) - depending on what time we get home, I'd be glad to help with those epilogue quests (I think Lenn just has two of them left to do but I can tag along for the rest if needed) or LG trolls. It'll probably be later than SNS usually starts by the time I'm back online though...So, anyway, if people are still looking for help with things when I get there, I'll join in.

curiously enough, I too have some of those epilogue quests - I suppose it's irony that I wont be here to help out :) sorry about that, but it sounds like there's enough leftover that you'll still have good odds on finding help to finish those

that LG group sounds interesting as well - if it doesn't get wrapped up soon, look me up during the week - I'm finding more play time during weeknights, and while I'm currently chopping through old content in Dunland, I'd certainly be up for helping out in LG, fighting trolls, and getting some of that new content under my fingernails

sounds like this upcoming Sunday is shaping up to be an exciting one - I'm looking forward to hearing what we may accomplish

We managed to gather an all-Bander raid (big thanks to Dwinobald for putting it together and leading it) and take on Draigoch in his cave. It took us some time to form the group, get through the initial tunnel, go through the explanations. On the first attempt my client crashed halfway phase one, which resulted in a wipe. We did pretty well on the next attempt (according to the experts who led us) got off nine out of twelve FMs and got nearly to phase three, but due to the whole thing lasting so long some of us had to go and we had to call it a night. It was a very valuable experience nevertheless! I made some screenies as usual :)

Forum Image

GPS: Saelpeth - LM (29M) | Draugthol - LM (25E) | Gaeriell - Captain (25M) | Olivinea - Minstrel (H)
Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

Nice screenshots!

Leading that raid was a hectic task, but loads of fun nevertheless. Big thanks to all who came.

We should be able to bring him down next time -- no excuses! :)

well done everyone!! Driagoch is turning out to be quite a lot of fun, when the stupid thing doesn't bug - what a horrible way to end an otherwise enjoyable run -

on a second note, while it can be considerably harder (and somewhat less accessible) Andeon has yet to even see the inside of shadow and poison wings of Isengard - I know that's a little out of date now with the all new ROR stuff coming out soon, but I'd still like to see those instances at some point

my multiple sunday interruptus should hopefully be over now, and I plan to be on next sunday at the usual time - thank you once again Anarwald, for galvanizing a kinship run this last sunday - and remember, we still haven't really given the right kind of focus to our lowbie kinmates in awhile - I'm going to have to schedule a whole month of lowbie runs and low-love instance runs, try and get people to re-visit GA, Fornost, and Annuminas - places we've long neglected but many people would still like to see and experience

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: