Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Sunday Night Siege 06/24/12

sadly, and somewhat coincidentally, I will once again be absent this upcoming sunday. Curiously enough, it will ALSO, to a certain extent, involve tri-tip - but this time, I'm headed back to college to join old friends and new for a weekend long gaming convention - and the best tri-tip steak sandwiches in the country

you ever find yourself travelling up the 101 through San Luis Obispo, STOP AND ORDER THE TRI-TIP STEAK SANDWICH AND AN ORDER OF FRIES!! just trust me on this

http://firestonegrill.com/

That being said, I should be resuming my regular SNS schedule hopefully the weekend after, and look forward to seeing you all a bit more in game (I've been rather absent lately, but things are starting to chill a little back here in RL for Kermit, and I should be finding some more time to enjoy LOTRO soon)

A number of the Kin showed an interest for traveling to the Vile Maw, and a date with the Watcher. Without the point officers in attendance (Andeon and Tinki), the rest turned to affairs of their own. Perhaps they didn't see the pleas of their kinmates.

Forenniel stepped in and said she would organize the venture although we would likely have to recruit folks not associated with the Lonely Mountain Band. The group of Lonely Mountain Band soldiers along with a smattering of other folks set out to the depths of Moria.

One shot. Yes, a group of less-than-experienced folks, a hodge-podge collection got together and with an excellent description, and precise leadership, one shot the Watcher (Forenniel, what was your friend's name who led us? I'd like to acknowledge him here, but forgot his name). Tinarian, my guardian friend was the only casualty of the fight. She did as every good guardian does and stood at the point for a key fight with a single tentacle.

After that exhilarating victory, the intrepid group stopped by to visit Lilikul, aka the Turtle, and soundly defeated him as well.

Kudos to all involved! Oh, and I hope the all-officer group in Limlight Gorge succeeded as well.
Gaerthand

I've got a few screenshots from those runs. Sadly, but not surprisingly, I forgot to take shots of the actual fight with with that little turtle.

Thanks Forvenniel for putting the raid together, Arancerthelion for leading us to victory and all the others for working really well as a team! That was fun!

GPS: Saelpeth - LM (29M) | Draugthol - LM (25E) | Gaeriell - Captain (25M) | Olivinea - Minstrel (H)
Andeon
Officer

very very well done, all! taking a mostly newish group and one-shotting the watcher is an extraordinary accomplishment! in fact, you're making feel just a tad inadequate :)

but I'm glad you all had a wonderful time

as for other kinnies having other things to do - that's perfectly all right - sounds like you rose to the challenge and found an intrepid crew of fellows - and sounds like you found some folks that we should look for again as well

sadly, with more and more kinnies joining SNS, we actually have less and less reason to recruit from outside the kin, which is a sad thing, becuase we often find excellent people by doing so

we'll have to start seeing if there's some way to encourage groups to start recruiting outside the kin again, and send us out meeting new people, and taking our adventures to the community once more

one last time, good work, and I'm glad to hear we had some fun in the spirit of the day - looking forward to resuming our regular schedule soon - back from a very satisfying weekend of tri-tip and gaming, and as soon as I can figure out why my stupid client can't connect to LOTRO and get it fixed, I'll be joining you all once again

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: