Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

re: New Ales and Tales time and Ales and Tales Extreme!

See the survey results in the News forum. Here are the changes being made in response to the survey:

1. Ales and Tales will move back an hour to 9:30pm /servertime and Nibbles and Nobs will start at 8:30pm /servertime. (This means 8pm Old Winyards rehearsal, folks! If you log in at 9, practice will be over! If you log in at 9:30, A&T will be starting!) This will not be in effect for the next A&T (June 11) but will start the Monday after that (June 18) to give time for advertising and making people aware, including announcing the time change at the June 11 A&T.

2. Ales and Tales Extreme will be held monthly on a Friday evening. I think we'll start this month, after Weatherstock - June 22 or 29?

3. Over the summer maybe we can also do some ATE (yes, ATE is the winning acronym) on weekends, as there were several requests for a weekend daytime slot to accommodate Europeans, either for ATE or for the regular A&T. I envision doing a Friday night ATE once a month, but also some Saturday ones when I'm able to get online then. Guess we could do flash ATEs like the flash horse races, even - maybe just 30 minute shows where we invite anyone who can play a song or has a tale still in lyrical that they could retell, to show up in X location for an impromptu party!

4. Speaking of those requests for a weekend/daytime/European friendly Ales and Tales every now and then: We won't move the regular A&T from Mondays. We got some grumbling last time we went off server for A&T, because those folks who didn't want to leave Landroval by creating a Crickhollow alt were upset that there "was no Ales and Tales" that Monday. So having A&T on a weekend would have to mean an additional show each week (or every so often). That, plus ATE, will be too much for me to coordinate, but I think it'd be great to have an A&T weekend edition if someone else wants to take the reins on organizing it!

Hi Lenni!

If it wouldn't be too much trouble -- and if there are enough people available in OW to perform it -- may I request the LMB "Far Apart, Never Alone" song toward the end of ATE tonight? I prefer to dance tonight, but if you are short one person for this song, I think I may be able to fill that spot.

(I get off work shortly before ATE is to begin, so will be rushing to get there on time. The only instrument I have in by bags is my harp.)

Thanks, and I hope I get my wish tonight. :)
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

We can try. It's 8 or 9 parts, I think, so for this new time slot and level-limited location we may not be able to get enough...

Yes, I thought that may be the case. Perhaps it would be less aggravating to save it for another A&T night when there are easily enough people to play it properly.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: