Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Sunday Night Siege May 27th, 2012

all right - so I've been a tad remiss in keeping up with this thread - sorry bout that :)

first of all, big thanks to Tinki, who volunteered to take over the rather confusing and difficult task of wrangling folks for this Sunday's SNS! I'm sorry I was unavailable - a friend of mine graduating from college (for the 2nd time) is headed for parts unknown, and we wanted to give him a big sendoff.

For this upcoming SNS - we have a variety of requests and interests, based on what I've heard in kinchat, and so I offer up the following options

1 - LOVE YOUR LOWBIES!! - It's been quite a while since I've run a dedicated low level instance training run for lowbies - if we have a decent quantity of people interested (I'd say 4 or more) I'll be happy to pull one of my long-unused 20's out of mothball and run some Great Barrows, happy to teach anyone new to grouping a good collection of the basics.

2 - FORNOST REBORN!! - The oft overlooked, under-appreciated instance of Fornost has been revamped - it is now broken into multiple sections, SCALEABLE!! and of course, already bugged in at least one place, according to the release notes. It is to laugh. Still, I'd love to revisit Fornost with a brave group of high level adventurers, or if we can find a willing leader in the 35+ range, a mostly on-level group might have a most exciting, challenging experience - I don't really know though, haven't been through the revamp yet

3 - Annuminas - We talk about Annuminas a lot, but rarely go there - but for anyone in the high 40's (I think? I know they lowered the level requirements at some point) Annuminas is a very interesting, but absolutely GORGEOUS experience - for some reason, Annuminas is just a very nice looking place to do battle, and I'd like to go back, as would several other people, if I remember correctly

4 - Isengard 3-man instances - we still have quite a few level cappers looking for all manner of draigoch and upgradeable gear - those 3-man instances can prove to be quite challenging AND quite rewarding - if we have sufficient numbers interested in that, I'll be happy to help organize (and if not otherwise occupied, participate)

5 - Deed Runs - it turns out Andeon has a TON of deeds to complete that I've been overlooking, and Isilwren has been kind enough to be running regular instance runs in moria of late - we may have a bunch of end cappers or near end-cappers looking to tweak up their virtues (as those virtues turn out to be rather handy as you approach end-game) and so there may be good reason to make some runs through some lower level stuff for the sake of completing some deeds

6 - Carn Dum and Urugarth - as always, there's almost always SOMEONE that needs something from CD/Uru - if we have sufficient numbers that *need* the run, I will be happy once again to help organize a team

and, as always, we're happy to accommodate whatever interests may arise day-of - please feel free to call out in kinchat, or better yet, send private tells to myself or whomever may be talking about gathering groups for SNS, and we'll do our best to see that everyone gets to participate that we can manage

as always, runs in the spirit of SNS are intended as much to be learning experiences as they are intended to be instance runs. *Especially* those led by Andeon personally - while anyone is welcome to gather in groups at any time of day or night, sunday monday or any other day, groups gathered with the spirit of SNS in mind will generally have a stronger focus on learning the instance, teaching class abilities and general grouping tactics and etiquette, and as such may not be as profitable or as short and straightforward as some might like - please keep this in mind when volunteering for SNS groups - SNS leaders will also try remind people of this

We did a mid 40s Water run wing of Fornost. There is a certain Goblin with 2 tons of adds we never figured out. I think its an improvement over the old system, but thats seeing just 1 wing.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Andeon
Officer

is amused by the idea of Fornost Water Wing

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=water+wings&hl=en&sa=X&biw=1280&bih=909&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=Ytc3iug5009vKM:&imgrefurl=http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/48593/game-of-thrones-season-2-episode-5-the-ghost-of-harrenhal&docid=rdvxCrJP3_UwaM&imgurl=http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PCH5621.jpg&w=500&h=335&ei=6b26T4KkHoXkiAK9sc3ZCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=960&vpy=199&dur=1565&hovh=184&hovw=274&tx=120&ty=97&sig=115104933528883930721&page=1&tbnh=152&tbnw=274&start=0&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:134

Gaerthand, my Warden, needs Carn Dum and/or Urugarth for his class quest. He's just hit lvl 50 so a bunch of new instances has become available, he's up for any of them (there's a 12 men raid among them sooooo exciting). I also have a LM at lvl 23 in case you need people for low lvl GB run. All of that provided that we start early enough (I live in GMT + 2).

GPS: Saelpeth - LM (29M) | Draugthol - LM (25E) | Gaeriell - Captain (25M) | Olivinea - Minstrel (H)
Andeon
Officer

heh heh heh heh heh...

looks like someone just unlocked the Rift :)

Carn Dum and Urugarth are longtime favorites - I'll see what I can muster on Sunday

The Rift is, at level, going to be extraordinarily challenging - it's also a ton of fun, and very long - I'll keep that in mind this upcoming sonday as well - we'll see whom we can get interested

I forgot to mention it, but there may still be folks interested in revisiting Helegrod again, assuming it works now :) another fun 12-man occasion that is *relatively* simple (except for spider wing, which I feel is probably the most challenging boss fight of the 3)

SNS 27.05.2012 - Helegrod (Spider and Giant).

A bunch of screenshots from our Helegrod runs. Not really challenging in the squad we had but still lots of fun.

GPS: Saelpeth - LM (29M) | Draugthol - LM (25E) | Gaeriell - Captain (25M) | Olivinea - Minstrel (H)
Bluebonnett
Bluebonnett Merrydo

Awarded:

Gaerthand wrote:
SNS 27.05.2012 - Helegrod (Spider and Giant).

A bunch of screenshots from our Helegrod runs. Not really challenging in the squad we had but still lots of fun.

Aww, the link didn't work for me. I want to see the pictures! =D
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

Bluebonnett Merrydo wrote:
Aww, the link didn't work for me. I want to see the pictures! =D

Blue, try it again? It took me a couple of times to get in.

Gaer, I really like how you have your UI set up! From a fellow Warden player, NICE! =)

Honor and fun,
Mithrilfist a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Bluebonnett
Bluebonnett Merrydo

Awarded:

Dannigan wrote:

Blue, try it again? It took me a couple of times to get in.

Yay, it worked this time! I must have tried the link half a dozen times earlier, but no luck.

Egad, in the 4th picture, you caught me in raid chat, admitting to being a slacker! Now no one will want to bring me along on raids again! lol
Gaerthand

I fixed the picture for you Blue, you can expect tons of raid invites now!

Thanks Mithril, took me a while to figure out the optimal setup but I'm pretty satisfied with what I came up with. Also, that DPS there :D

That's the first time I'm having problems with imgur, if that repeats I'm going to switch to a different image hosting service.

Bluebonnett
Bluebonnett Merrydo

Awarded:

Gaerthand wrote:
I fixed the picture for you Blue, you can expect tons of raid invites now!

Thanks Mithril, took me a while to figure out the optimal setup but I'm pretty satisfied with what I came up with. Also, that DPS there :D

That's the first time I'm having problems with imgur, if that repeats I'm going to switch to a different image hosting service.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, that's priceless!

I'm a warrior...RARR! *charges off*
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I hope I can make it this Sunday. I still have all of those Helegrod quests, haha!

Jump to: