Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Sunday Night Siege April 29th, 2012

well, I've heard neither hide nor hair of what, if any, adventures happened after I had to leave the kinmeeting last sunday (for my own part, what strange adventures were had - My epic battle with 3 wizards in their teleport abode was foiled by random looting that disabled the teleporters, a daughter foiling her own father's attempts at wizardcide, and, as near as I could tell, a junior-high love triangle...it's a long, long story...)

so, I feel the need to make up for it with more adventure this upcoming sunday

what's on the docket? well...

As always, I attempt to run instance groups, based on who's available, who's interested, how many people we can get at which level breaks...but, here are the things I'm going to focus on - feel free to add your own interests, volunteer your services, or call out your needs, and I'll adjust - any input you can enter beforehand often makes the effort just that much easier when the moment comes

1 - The Great Barrow - it's been awhile since I've taken out a newbie group, and introduced them to some of the foundational basics of grouping - I enjoy doing this, even though the grinding that happens at level cap often occupies my attention - and it's a valuable experience, to those just learning MMO's, LOTRO specifically, or grouping for the first (or near first) time. I think it's high time I did so again - so, Andeon's collection of companions (all in the 20-27 range) will offer their services to all those fellows in the 20ish level range, for a great barrow run, that is focused on learning the basics behind grouping, in a low/no pressure environment

2 - Rift - Introduction to Raiding - if theres little or no interest in the Great Barrow, I'm equally happy to lead a company into the rift - this is a considerably more challenging experience, but is a FANTASTIC introduction to raiding - people raiding for the first time can get an excellent taste of a zone that challenges all the skillful techniques necessary to make the rest of LOTRO considerably more...familiar :) And as always, I ENCOURAGE people new to raiding to get in on this - while being successful at the rift requires some previous raid experience, the other lower level raids in the game will not really cover the whole gamut of all the foundational techniques you want in raiding - the rift, will - so, if you're not familiar with raiding, and it intimidates you a bit, but you might like to learn - this could very well be the run you're looking for - I run, as always, a low/no pressure environment - progress will be slow, and the rift being as big as it is, we probabaly won't finish with a newish group, but I promise you'll come out of it better experienced, better edjucated, better prepared - and hopefully with some fun stories to tell!

3 - barring interest in both of the above, there's still so much to be done in middle earth - we have a variety of level caps that may have unfinished business in all manner of areas (I suspect at least some of us still have vol 2 epilogues) - someone was asking a week or two ago about leading a company into Ost Dunhoth. There's a ton of 3-man and 6-man instances for isengard level cappers, and the brand new and very popular Roots of Fangorn

There is also ALWAYS some folks that need runs through Carn Dum and Urugarth, for deeds, for class quest items, or just for fun (love that Helgcham!!), and still a company of folks interested in making their way through Annuminas, an oft-overlooked but absolutely gorgeous area to explore

as always, people with specific needs can post here, as can people willing or interested in lending their services as well. Also, please be aware that the Sunday Night Siege, while it tends to cater to members of the Lonely Mountain Band, is NOT RESTRICTED SOLELY TO KINNIES - if you know people that would like to get a taste of how the LMB works, or you have friends outside the band that you enjoy working with, and might benefit from these runs, they're quite welcome to join us as well!

Remember, the Sunday Night Siege starts around 2pm PST (5pm EST/server time), I spend about an hour or so fishing for what people are interested in what, and who wants to go where - so you have some time, but it *is* generally a first-come first serve event - its the only way for us to proceed in a relatively timely manner - also, if you're offering your services or have a need, it's usually best to /tell Andeon, or whatever character mentions leading groups to this, that or the other thing - callouts in kinchat are appreciated, but sometimes get missed in the flurry of conversation - please be patient, and feel free to contact myself or anyone that seems particularly active, directly, and we'll work hard to make sure that we include you as best we can

Also remember, that this upcoming 28th is, I believe, a Moors PVMP run led by...Anarwald? I think? And, shortly after the Siege begins, often, Lindorieh will log in (1 or 2 hours later, usually) and offer up the Sunday Night Skirmish - if you couldn't get in on the group you wanted because there weren't enough people at your level range, or the fellowship filled up, or if you just prefer skirmishes and the various rewards you can get through those, look for Lindorieh when (s)he comes on, and offer your services/interests - skirmishes are really quite nice in that they are far more flexible as far as what classes you need, what level groupings you can accommodate, and how many *people* you can acommodate

there are lots of adventure activities available to our kinship - if you enjoy that side of LOTRO, be sure to avail yourself of the events we provide! Happy Hunting, and I hope to see many of you this sunday!

Hmmm. Great Barrows or the Rift... Which one would I prefer....

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Shadewicke

Rift would be awesome!

I'm going to be gone this evening, again, and won't be around to try to schedule a skraid. The Rift on Sunday would be great practice for those not used to raiding in general!

Gorstaad, 15 Man Loremaster
Isilwren

Rift! if only so that I can finally get kindred standing in every zone in ME!!

Awarded:

Hmmm, it's about time Horazia visited the Rift! (And for that matter, she'd love to get in on a Watcher kill next time we take that challenge on...)

Awarded:

Hmmmm, I'd love a good ol' fashion Rift run. I'd totally be up for that. Unfortunately, I may be a few minutes late, depending on when we get started for SNS. I've got a commitment from about 3:00 CST to about 5:00 CST. but, if there is a spot open when I get in game, I'd love to come along.

- B

Every other weekend I don't get off work till SNS starting time (6pm EST), and this is my work weekend. Hopefully I can find a 60ish group for something at the last minute, otherwise I'll be up for SNSkirm action...that is if my wife lets my on the computer. eye roll
Harperella
High Officer

Brenyn wrote:
Hmmmm, I'd love a good ol' fashion Rift run. I'd totally be up for that. Unfortunately, I may be a few minutes late, depending on when we get started for SNS. I've got a commitment from about 3:00 CST to about 5:00 CST. but, if there is a spot open when I get in game, I'd love to come along.

- B

I read this as "I'd love a good ol' "FASHION RIFT" run". Got me thinking of a supermodel squad taking down the Balrog with cutting remarks about how "last season" his outfit was.

--Harper

Awarded:

He's been captive in there for what, a thousand years? You bet his outfit is last season!

Awarded:

Also, YAY! We beat the Rift tonight!

I think Horazia picked up the big ol' sword this time too. Hm, now where to put it...

Jump to: