Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Sunday Night Siege April 22nd, 2012

So, this upcoming Sunday, we will be having another kin meeting. As usual, the kin-meeting tends to take place in the middle of the afternoon, which means the traditional timing for SNS will not be available. So, come for the kin-meeting, and STAY FOR THE SIEGE!! With so many kinfolk gathered, kin meetings are excellent times to gather up folks for runs, although I recommend keeping them relatively short (no rift runs after the meeting! sorry tinki!) as the meeting easily runs an hour, sometimes as much as two, and many people aren't really up for the longer instances afterwards...

So, start thinking what you might wish to do with so many kinnies on board - I *personally* will dedicate myself to Urugarth runs, or Great Barrow runs, as the most pressing thing recently on my mind has finally been done (see below for more details) - Urugarth is high 40's, low 50's, and is a fun, relatively straightforward run, that many people still have deeds for as well, and is always handy for knocking some of those class quest items out

Great Barrow runs are a fantastic introductory grouping experience, and Andeon can call upon any one of his 5 lvl 20ish allies to help lead that company, and teach such basic skills as fellowship manuevers, tank-and-turn, and some classic boss battles

there will also doubtless be a great company of level cappers on - I highly encourage folks to gather for 3-mans and 6-mans - start grinding out that bling in the company of your fellow banders - we all grow stronger for it!! plus, some of those little instances can be quite challenging, and put many people hard to the test trying to figure out how to manage a strong boss without the classic "holy trinity" of mmo's! I look forward to helping anyone that wishes to gather, and as always, I suspect Lindorieh will also be available to gather folks for skirmishes as well!

that being said, the Lonely Mountain Band Sunday Night Siege finally has it's first successful Watcher Run under it's belt!! My thanks to all that participated - we pushed, and pushed and pushed, battled tentacle after tentacle after tentacle, and finally emerged triumphant over the wiggly, squirmy, slimy seafood platter!

sadly, it was an almost entirely lvl 75 crew - and we still scraped by by the skin of our teeth...but we DID IT!! and I'll take that to the bank - and we had a bunch of kinmates FINALLY cross that particular run off their bucket list, plus, hopefully, we now have a much larger crew of kinfolk with a successful watcher run under their belts, meaning more experienced fellows to draw from in the future!

here are some pics of the triumphant crew...sadly, I took very few action pics - we were pretty busy - *whispers* (THERE ARE A LOT OF TENTACLES!!)

Forum Image

Forum Image

there are tricks for seeing the pics in their full glory - usually involves going to the gallery and individually viewing the files - these two are screenshot00220 and screenshot00223 respectively

thats awesome! just the little peek i got of the watcher instance last week was daunting to say the least, so congrats on the victory!
Shamork
Shamork

Ah the watcher. Definitely one of the hardest bosses I've ever tangled with! Count me for either Urugarth or GB! I've got a champ that I've been trying to level, so GB would be nice

Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

Well done, conquerors of the Watcher!

An Urugarth group would be great for me, since Apis still needs just one more item to finish her class quest. I also have a minstrel at 25 who hasn't dipped her toes into GB yet. So yeah, I second both of those options.

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
CGriffin
Officer

Cam finially finished her Uru deeds! However, Hin needs to explore Uru for his traits, so I'm game to come along any time!

The Isengard 3-hobbit adventures that I've seen are great fun! Love to see us beat on them more often

Aldekim
Officer

A bit from the past, my Guardian in Byrdie's alt kin, Kaesy would like to get in a Grand Stairs run or two. Naturally Aldekim and Ahtook are available to assist as needed on any run. I would also like to get any of the three into a Halls of Crafting run in Moria for the Lorien Tokens. Those tokens are bound to account so any of the three can do it, and I only need 2 tokens. (the instance is a bit tough here and there but offers 4 tokens for completion)

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Andeon
Officer

re: egg on my face...

so, with sudden schedule changes, it turns out I *won't* be available to lead Sunday Night Siege this sunday - I'll manage to carve out an hour or so for hopefully the most relevant issues during the kin meeting, but even that will end up sitting in the middle of plans that WERE supposed to happen last sunday in April - oh well

However, I'd like to re-emphasize, and re-assure everyone, that Sunday Night Siege is a spirit of it's own kind, and by no means requires my presence to occur (although I like to think I add my own special flavor to the event) - I heartily encourage my fellow kinmates to gather in the appropriate spirit, and show the fell forces of middle earth that we can hardy just as well as we party!!

I look forward to hearing stories of adventure and heroism post the kinmeeting, when I return to middle earth, and in the meantime, bid you all, good hunting, and good fortune!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: