Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

re: A&T April 9 - Shire race track

With the Spring Racing Carnival coming up soon, we'll have A&T this week at the horse racing track near Michel Delving and the Shire homesteads. Claim your place on Stage Crew below!

Quote:
Master/Mistress of Ceremonies =
Introduces the acts.

Stage Manager =
Organizes the acts and feeds the MC with details.

Sound Technician =
Copies and pastes on-stage speech (MC's intros, stories, poems etc.) from /say channel to /alesandtales channel

Booze Master = Mithrilfist
Distributes ale and pipeweed.

Mentor Mentor = Floradine
Organizes Musical Mentoring.

Band Leader =
Organizes Old Winyards.

Dancing Master =
Organizes Dances.

Social Reporter =
Takes screenshots and writes up the event.

Live Tweeter =
Takes screenshots and tweets them to @alesandtales during the event.

Layer Wrangler =
Pulls players into the correct layer.

Town Crier =
Advertises for the event in various regional channels and user channels (alesandtales, shiremoot, etc.)

Last edited by RannaDylin on 2012/04/09 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

Lenni, I will be there and take charge of Music Mentoring again. Also I am planning to do that multibox thing we spoke about lately tonight if we can get together 6 people (including 2 of my chars). So you can count me in into OW with at least Floradine and maybe the second char (his name is Ednind) if needed. But Ednind is only lvl 7 and can only play the lute.

Awarded:

I would be proud to help pass out the pipe-weed and spirits!

Honor and fun,
Mithrilfist a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Luthmae

Awarded:

Luthmae is planning on being there, again only able to stay about halfway, but would love to play with OW in the opening number and teach someone how to play - she can play all instruments except Moor Cowbell and Pibgorn and can mentor many instruments.

She is also willing to be used in any musical experiments/shenanigans as long as they don't occur too late.
Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

Regarding the performance I talked about above:

It turned out that I would need 8 players (my 2 chars + 6 more) at best for the music to play. I can cut it down to 7 or 6 if needed. But it would be totally great if we could gather 6 players to play with me.

The abc of the song can be found here:

http://www.glenwin-und-floradine.net/wp-content/uploads/abc-music/8-(Flo)SomebodyThatIUsedToKnow.abc

If you want to play this with me together with OW please get into the OW music raid! Thank you very very much!!´

EDIT: You can also get the music in the Music Library, I updated my collection today and it now contains this song, too. Click on Music Library above (3rd Button from the right) and look for "Floradines Music". Download the ZIP-file labeled "2012_04_09". Unpack into your Music folder and rebuild your songbook database. You know the drill ;) Thank you.

I am a smidge under the weather this evening. What with Mith and Eijah dispensing I feel less guilty about not showing.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

Wow, this double boxing was a bit mind-boggling (I did it for the first time) and I completely forgot to thank everyone who helped to play the song with OW!

So please let me thank you all dearly for your help! Without you it would not have been possible!

Right in the middle of my performance Ednind got hit by a snowball and I think I saw some being annoyed by him :D Well that it was just about right, haha. I like the fact that people don't want to let someone like him bother little Floradine. But be assured: She knows what she is doing and she can handle him.

Someone was wondering about wether the song was "composed" correctly if I saw that right. If you could contact me please and tell me what you were thinking that would be very much appreciated!

Thank you again, I had a blast with this little song tonight :)

That may have been me on Aldekim, just trying to bring out the idea that the number being performed was put together by Floradine recently. I use the term "composed" loosely in game for something you may have arrainged or written the lyrics for. It was meant as a tribute not a challenge and was said mainly to gain information for citation in this week's Landroval Times. Since RL composers do not exist in the world of Middle-earth I consider all tunes there to be composed by the person who does the arraingment.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Luthmae

Awarded:

Flora, Luthmae was honoured to be part of the large back-up band, the lyrics were very clever and fun and the banter between you and Ednind was extremely witty - she laughed out loud (which is not easy to do when playing the horn)!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: