Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harperella
High Officer

re: Harper at SNS this weekend

It looks like I will make it for SNS this Sunday. There are a few instances I have been itching to do:

Draigoch the Dragon
Dark delvings for warden quest
Lost temple
Halls of Night
Ost Dunhoth
Dol Guldur

Basically, there's a lot I haven't been through. But I'm very keen to get a LMB dragon raid as a regular Saturday event so if we could beta test it during SNS, that would be great.

--Harper

Added to the Instance Wish List, save for Dol Guldur. Any particular piece of it, or the whole set?

Andeon
Officer

can anyone give me a heads up - draigoch - is that lvl 75 only? or can we fit some more people in? that'll help narrow down exactly how many people of what kinds of levels we need

Dark Delving is/was a tough run, but we've done it - and the warden class quest bit *is* easier to get to (and it is, in fact, possible to run it BEFORE doing the boss battle for that zone)

We've had some modest successes with Dol Guldor - although the 12-man raid is still kicking us around

looking forward to seeing harper at an SNS - we usually cross over so rarely

I wasn't able to get into the cave until hitting 75 and starting the quest chain, but I don't know if I would have been able to join in if someone else had opened the instance.

Harperella
High Officer

Its level 75 gated, but hopefully we can start running some LMB plus allies dragon raids in the new year. By then we should have a good number of 75s in LMB.

--Harper

Awarded:

Anything on Harper's list above sounds awesome sauce to me. I've been itching for Draigoch meself but usually the T2 runs you see in glff have been rather "gear score" snobbish. They take one look at my gear which isn't all teal and pass me over. There are some *really* fun dungeons in Ost Dunhoth as well though. And we'd be able to include quite a few more folks in one of those. But, as usual, when it comes to SNS you guys know I'm up for anything.

B

Awarded:

I think I will start a seperate thread about strategy/gearing up for Draigoch. There's a reason the glff crowd is snobbish about party make-up/gear scores. It's a total wipe without substantial character 'chutzpah.' I'm all for running Draigoch in-kin, but not if we attempt it with little chance for success.
Harperella
High Officer

I fully agree that a Draigoch thread is needed to get started. I think that the glff snobbery for T2 draigoch raids would not extend to T1 24-man raids. From what I have read of this raid, its mainly a puzzle that needs to be executed in a certain way. With a 12 man group, there is little room for mistakes. With a 24 man group, the raid becomes much easier. Its essentially the same raid with double the raiders. You can have backups for when things go wrong. An extra tank or two to deal with the head. An extra healer or two to heal the tanks, and a huge mob of players running after the claws. I'll get the thread started once I actually get into a Draigoch raid, which will take some doing since I rarely have more than an hour or two to play.

--Harper

Beorbrand wrote:
I think I will start a seperate thread about strategy/gearing up for Draigoch. There's a reason the glff crowd is snobbish about party make-up/gear scores. It's a total wipe without substantial character 'chutzpah.' I'm all for running Draigoch in-kin, but not if we attempt it with little chance for success.

As part of that thread, or in a related one, I'd like to see discussion of S4M strategies. Our efforts over the weekend were somewhat less than successful, and there was a good deal of confusion surrounding where to get the marks. According to the mouseover tool tip, they come from 6 and 12 man skirmishes. Yet, opinion seemed to be that it had to be 12 man, and that six wouldnt do it. There are also a number of challenges in classic instances that reward S4Ms, such as School/Lib and GB, all of which are significantly more challenging than they were previously.

Harperella
High Officer

Yes, our efforts this weekend ended up being more social than useful in-game. The 12-man level 47 Ford of Bruinen raid was a lot of fun. The 12-man level 50 Icy Crevasse... less fun when you've only got 6 players! But thanks for all the patience and willingness to run with kinnies, even for under-level skirmishes. This is part of what makes us a good kin.

--Harperella

Jump to: