Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Sunday Night Siege, October 23rd

Our sunday night siege for the post kinmeeting proved to be quite challenging. Anarwald (IIRC) led a team into Carn Dum, and sounds like they also tried their hand at defeating Bogbereth! I heard they had some success once again driving the chivalrous Helgcham back into the murky depths from whence it came - CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE!

Our 12-man Barad Guldor team fared less well. We were sabotaged early on by foul sorcery, that held up our entire company for a good 10 minutes dealing with disconnects, and cost us a dear member (so sorry to see you go, Aldekim - both your company AND your minstrel were sorely missed :))

however, we rallied gamely, and fought our way through the gauntlet despite being severely under-healed - our battles with Durchest went less well, although they still proved to be quite the learning experience, however, some *unexpected* issues with the instance re-set the gauntlet, and this proved to be our undoing.

While it was not a particularly profitable run, I'm now quite familiar with the gauntlet of Barad Guldor, and found the entire experience to be challenging, exciting, educational, and ultimately satisfying, despite all our efforts to the contrary. I want to thank one and all, including our intrepid friends and fellow bounders that aided us in our effort...

For this upcoming Sunday - now that our regular schedule can resume, I'm looking forward to several possibilities

1 - sounds like the most recent patch, the devs are fixing Fil Gashan - perhaps they'll fix some of the other broken instances as well - I'd like to gather a company and finish off FG if we can

2 - I imagine we *still* have some folk with uncompleted class quests in Moria - lets see if we can't help a few of our kinfolk unlock those last legendary traits - they can be definitive for a class, and a boon not only to the character, but to any that group with them.

3 - we always have folks that need to complete class quests in Carn Dum and Urugarth, as well as deeds...so many kill deeds...to be done. If we have interest along those lines, lets see what we can manage.

4 - Its been a long time since we saw service done to our lower level folks - I know we have a variety of folks in the 20's range, and in the 30's range, looking for team adventures in the Great Barrow and Garth Agarwen - I haven't picked a focus for love your lowbies during this month (this month has been CRAZY for me) and theres JUST SO MUCH CONTENT for us to cover...I'll look at making yet another dedicated love our lowbies night - for now, lets see if we can gather enough interest for a 6 man, and ask one or two of our high enders to perhaps contribute their 20 somethings or 30 somethings to the cause

5 - the advent of echoes of the dead and many of the mirkwood instances now means we have a large selection of 3-man, 6-man and 12-man instances at at the 60+ range - there are all sorts of tasty rewards available to those that challenge these instances, so I expect there will always be interested takers - I'm happy to help put together teams for this content

6 - yes, 6 - Don't forget that Lindorieh bravely offers his services to lead companies on skirmishes, which are far more accommodating as to level breaks and group size - if you can't get in on the instance you want, for lack of players, or lack of levels, or whatnot...look for lindorieh to log in around 4ish PST, and throw in your service to the cause - they are frequently exciting, entertaining, and educational!

see, i've already got 5 major focuses and 1 ancillary focus, and I haven't even seen who's going to be on on a sunday - this is why it can be difficult to organize - people that feel comfortable leading instance runs are a huge help to me on Sundays - if you're willing to run a group, state your preference, and I'll send people interested in that instance, or interested in helping in any instance, your way

remember, theres always the fantastic needs thread that Camara started up - if you're reaching a point where you know ahead of time you'll have a need for a particular instance, pipe up in there, and I can add that to list of places to focus on

looking forward to another exciting Sunday Night Siege - hope to see many eager faces there!

So far since the advent of RoI my Turbine client crashes every time I undertake a 12 man raid. It also crashes about a third of the time I enter any instanced area like a vault or auction hall. An update is supposedly in the works today. we will see.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
CGriffin
Officer

The update will be QUITE welcome! I wasn't able to get on last night at all for the GHMS concert. I could get to character selection, but if I picked one and tried to enter Middle Earth, it locked up... sad

However, back to the matter at hand! The gauntlet was quite fun! For this coming SNS, Waryn has played around a bit with his new skills and looks forward to having someone to heal, so something around 40 would be welcome... Outside of that, I'm up for whatever, as always. I have MANY folks who need to skirmish, especially in the 60's range, as I find Hinalagon needs 4 Symbols of Cele. From 74 down through 54, my soldiers are all in need of improved skills. Moria tokens now bind to account, so anything that results in those is quite welcome as well! In short, I guess, I'm up for some slaughter, where ever that may lead us.

Tamirien

re: Re: Sunday Night Siege, October 23rd

Andeon wrote:
Our sunday night siege for the post kinmeeting proved to be quite challenging. Anarwald (IIRC) led a team into Carn Dum, and sounds like they also tried their hand at defeating Bogbereth! I heard they had some success once again driving the chivalrous Helgcham back into the murky depths from whence it came - CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE!

Anarwald and the rest of his crew deserve a double well done since they managed to one-shot all of the bosses (we stopped at the bat hangers) with only one member lost in all of that to Helchgam ... with a captain for a tank no less (yours truly)! The healer was excellent and all the DPS and Support were top notch. Personally, I thought we would suffer horribly with me as the squishiest of tanks, but this group proved me so wrong I felt like a MMORPG newb :) KUDOS to you all!

Andeon wrote:
2 - I imagine we *still* have some folk with uncompleted class quests in Moria - lets see if we can't help a few of our kinfolk unlock those last legendary traits - they can be definitive for a class, and a boon not only to the character, but to any that group with them.

I know of at least four. Belindriel is ready to try Skúmfil, Tinarian is ready for the Dark Delving. Tamirien and Trissia still need to work through their initial class quest to discover which dungeon awaits them.

Andeon wrote:
6 - yes, 6 - Don't forget that Lindorieh bravely offers his services to lead companies on skirmishes, which are far more accommodating as to level breaks and group size - if you can't get in on the instance you want, for lack of players, or lack of levels, or whatnot...look for lindorieh to log in around 4ish PST, and throw in your service to the cause - they are frequently exciting, entertaining, and educational!

For this, one thing I'd like to know is ... when is the skirmish group going to get into the 50+ range? I'd love to get into some group skirmishes, but they're always going with 20s to 30s groups :) I've done all but a few of the skirmishes solo, and a few as a duo and a single with a 6-person group. One thing I've noticed is the dynamics change dramatically with more folks. I'm itching to get into some of the skirmishes with a group, preferably all members close to the same level :)

Last edited by Tamirien on 2011/10/19 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
CGriffin
Officer

Tamirien wrote:

For this, one thing I'd like to know is ... when is the skirmish group going to get into the 50+ range? I'd love to get into some group skirmishes, but they're always going with 20s to 30s groups :) I've done all but a few of the skirmishes solo, and a few as a duo and a single with a 6-person group. One thing I've noticed is the dynamics change dramatically with more folks. I'm itching to get into some of the skirmishes with a group, preferably all members close to the same level :)

That's easy! On Sunday, when Andeon says "Who has what needs?" jump in with "I want to do some 50+ skirms" and I'll join you...

Aldekim
Officer

Sorry to hear about your problems Camara. I was wondering why you weren't at the GHMS practice and show. (we had to drop a number from our performance due to lack of performers, so others may have faced the same problem you did)

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

I'm glad the Carn Dum run went well -- personally, I think the only major problem was my slowness -- it was my first time leading a group through a high-level instance, so I was feeling my way through. But still, we were lucky enough to have lots of DPS, and Tamirien and Feraros respectively tanked and healed quite admirably! And Galdrem also deserves some credit for his easily-overlooked but extremely useful CC's, which was something new for me to deal with; I had never been on a run with a LM before. Well done, all!

I'd love to do some low-level instances -- after all that CD and Annuminas, I'd be almost glad to set eyes on the Great Barrow again. :) I have a level 28 mini, who really needs to see some action after two months of nothing but crafting, and a level 36 lore-master. So anybody who needs a GB or GA run can feel free to hit me up!

Officer

Awarded:

CGriffin wrote:
Tamirien wrote:

That's easy! On Sunday, when Andeon says "Who has what needs?" jump in with "I want to do some 50+ skirms" and I'll join you...

I agree! The skirmishes are mostly to help the lower levels, such as myself (level 45) and Laerlenn (level 33) who cannot get into the higher level instances. Once I make it into the 50's, I can run those level skirmishes, but anyone is free to run a skirmish group on Sunday night. Heck, I often group up with only one other person if that is all who answer my adverts, or I'll even run one myself if I get no takers!

Lindorieh

On Crickhollow - Morivanye- Rangers of Ithilien

On Anor: -Morfindiel, Laerlenn -Mythgard

On Ithil: Morfindiel - The Kin

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: